Closet hangers for jerseys

Finny

Yes such a simple topic, so I'm gathering a few jerseys here and there, still not many at all but wondering what you guys use for hangers because I don't want to use a standard hanger or it will crease my jersey.

P.S getting mannequins is not easy let me tell ya :lol:

I buy the extra large hangers at Target. They are $3 for a 3-pack. They work really well. They are made of thick plastic and they say extra large on the package.

Yes such a simple topic, so I'm gathering a few jerseys here and there, still not many at all but wondering what you guys use for hangers because I don't want to use a standard hanger or it will crease my jersey.

P.S getting mannequins is not easy let me tell ya :lol:

I just use the standard plastic ones you find anywhere. Those plastic ones, that LS1893 mentions, you get at Target are those great for anything, especially heavier garments. I think they were marketed as 'happy hangers' a long time ago. My jerseys are crammed into two different closets and I've never received any damage or creasing. Players are rough with theirs, with that in mind, I don't baby my jerseys as much as I probably should. If I see a crease, it usually comes out when I wash it. And of course, I hang dry them, ALWAYS. T-shirts, however, will develop little nipple-size lumps in the shoulders if they spend too much consecutive time on the hanger (my ex-wife once pointed out that I had 'titts on my shirt'). Those imperfections come out in the wash, too. Mine crease like mad if I fold them up and put them in a drawer or a suitcase.

I use the plastic tube hangers but should probably switch to a fatter hanger to prevent creasing. Thankfully, I rotate my jerseys enough that it hasn't happened yet but it's inevitable.

I just use the 13 pack of cheap hangers from Target. They sell for less than $2. The only problem is they changed the design and now the two upper arms have a slot in them for women to hang sundresses with straps and the collar of the jerseys always get stuck in the slot when trying to pull them off. Someday I'm going to go to Kmart or Wal-mart and replace all of those darn slotted ones.

I just use the 13 pack of cheap hangers from Target. They sell for less than $2. The only problem is they changed the design and now the two upper arms have a slot in them for women to hang sundresses with straps and the collar of the jerseys always get stuck in the slot when trying to pull them off. Someday I'm going to go to Kmart or Wal-mart and replace all of those darn slotted ones.

I don't like Target's slotted hangers, either. Good price, however ($1.39, I think). B)

Just heavy duty hangers here, but I'm thinking about lining the walls of one of my rooms in jerseys, in which case I'll probably buy something like a thin curtain rod and suspend it from hooks or fishing line. This way the sleeves will be extended fully.

• 7 months later...

DesertRat's comment on Minnesota's hangers (hehe) used to unveil their new jerseys made me curious about which types of hangers are the best for hockey jerseys, especially the authentics; wouldn't want to leave them permanently scarred from something that seems insignificant.

So, which types are the best to use and why? I currently use a white rounded plastic that's triangle shaped and looks like this: 31Z5A5AGEWL._AA280_.jpg Is this good enough, or should I switch to a different kind? So far, it hasn't damaged my Hextall authentic, but I want to be sure.

I use hangers with very little slope (somewhat like pants hangers) Keeps the shoulders up. They are also thick and have additional support under the hook. Can't remember where I bought them, I saw some wood ones that were very nice as well but $15 for 3 or something...little pricy.

I've been using those thick plastic hangers that you posted up there for years now and I've had no problems whatsoever. They work great because they won't leave indents in the shoulders and they can tolerate the heaviness of some of the signed jerseys.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=371

This topic had actually come up before, of the people who answered there were a lot of different hangers that people seemed to prefer.

This topic had actually come up before, of the people who answered there were a lot of different hangers that people seemed to prefer.

Oops, sorry for not checking before. Thanks for the link.

Oops, sorry for not checking before. Thanks for the link.

Not a big deal on the not checking, it happens to all of us. No problem for the link though.

I have now merged the two topics.