1992-93 First Year Tamp Bay Lightning Jersey Customization Help

I recently purchased a 1st year Lightning jersey, but I am pretty sure the customization is incorrect.  If anyone has a game worn or a proper customized jersey could you please either post of PM me the size the of the back and sleeve numbers.  I have a feeling mine are too small and I will need to get the jersey corrected.

Also, was it The Cutting Edge that did these first year jerseys?  I know Bobcat does them now, but I don't think they did them that long ago.

Thanks for any help that you can give!!!

1 minute ago, spudrock512 said:

I recently purchased a 1st year Lightning jersey, but I am pretty sure the customization is incorrect.  If anyone has a game worn or a proper customized jersey could you please either post of PM me the size the of the back and sleeve numbers.  I have a feeling mine are too small and I will need to get the jersey corrected.

Also, was it The Cutting Edge that did these first year jerseys?  I know Bobcat does them now, but I don't think they did them that long ago.

Thanks for any help that you can give!!!

Why not just post pics of yours here and we will point out the inaccuracies?

I'm currently at work, but from what I have seen is the jersey is a #44 which will be a Hamrlik jersey (it had a different name) and the 4's do not have an opening on the 4. They seem too narrow as well. That is mostly what I am worried about.  If they are the correct size but just missing the hole in the middle of the 4 I can kind of deal with that, but if they are the wrong size completely, I will need to get them corrected.  I have this picture I found online of a gameworn jersey of a Danton Cole jersey and it looks wider than the one I bought.

Cole%20Jersey_zpsehqyedle.jpg

Sure enough, the one I got was way off. 

Tampa%20Bay%20Jersey_zpsqt5rk7s3.jpg

The jersey is an actual first year jersey though, so I would need to get this correctly customized.  

If any one has the correct dimensions for the numbers so when I am trying to find a customizer, I can make sure it will be correct, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by spudrock512

I went ahead a stripped this jersey, and everything came off nice and clean.  Again, if anyone can give me the proper sizes of the numbers it would be greatly appreciated.  Also, suggestions on where the best place send it to be customized? Did Cutting Edge do the first year jerseys?  I know they did them sometime in the  2000's.

• 2 years later...

So, how much of a jersey foul would it be to put a 1992-93 kit on a Lightning jersey that has the blue CCM hem and not the black.  I sold the jersey above after I stripped. I just got a new jersey to replace it and it still has the tags on it.  I got it without knowing the CCM color, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.  I already have  kit for the 92-93 style, but the black CCM Logo has proven really hard to find.  I should have never sold the one I had.  Anyway.  I have a NWT Lightning black jersey, but a 92-93 Hamrlik jersey kit.  What to do, what to do...

Hot . Lightning jerseys used to look soooo good!!! The style, the under arm victory stripes, the variety of number fonts. Man, I loved it all. They’re so terrible today by comparison.  

On 1/24/2019 at 12:15 PM, spudrock512 said:

So, how much of a jersey foul would it be to put a 1992-93 kit on a Lightning jersey that has the blue CCM hem and not the black.  I sold the jersey above after I stripped. I just got a new jersey to replace it and it still has the tags on it.  I got it without knowing the CCM color, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.  I already have  kit for the 92-93 style, but the black CCM Logo has proven really hard to find.  I should have never sold the one I had.  Anyway.  I have a NWT Lightning black jersey, but a 92-93 Hamrlik jersey kit.  What to do, what to do...

I probably wouldn't put that kit on that jersey.  I'm rarely happy doing something I know is inaccurate.  You could do a 93-94, maybe?  Those kits are awesome too.  Plus they had the glitter crest starting that season, IIRC.  The dull first season crest is... dull.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the different crest.  I will just get a different kit for this one.  How about a Vinny Lecavalier #8 rookie with all-star patch?  Would this be cool?

1998-99 Vincent Lecavalier Tampa Bay Lightning Game Worn Jersey - Rookie - "1999 Tampa Bay All Star Game" - Photo Match

1998-99 Vincent Lecavalier Tampa Bay Lightning Game Worn Jersey - Rookie - "1999 Tampa Bay All Star Game" - Photo Match

Or, if someone has a 1st year Lightning jersey you would like to trade, PM me.  I would do my NWT for a used jersey (assuming it is in great condition).