The Current Situation of the Secondary Market

flyhighguys94

So the usual flurry of sales on jerseys I am selling I see at the beginning of each NHL season hasn't happened yet.  Anyone else noticing this or seeing this?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone saving up for the release of the MiC Adidas? 

Ive held off on a couple 2.0s for that exact reason. Once those are available I expect a fire sale on Reeboks to fund the new stuff.

Possible?

Is there supposed to be a release of MiC Adidas?  I've been out of the loop.

And this applies to both my authentics and gamers.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

They’re leaving money on the table by not releasing them. I think as soon as they have a grip on the production of them, we will see them....

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Officially, not at this time. I'm just saying I am personally willing to wait on it a little longer to see what happens as opposed to buying another 2.0 at full price, and maybe others are doing the same.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

16 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Officially, not at this time. I'm just saying I am personally willing to wait on it a little longer to see what happens as opposed to buying another 2.0 at full price, and maybe others are doing the same.

Who’s buying 2.0s at full price any more???

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Who’s buying 2.0s at full price any more???

Those who don't have all the ones they want..?

I've considered some other Hawks one-off jerseys but no one is selling my size except JB, who supposedly isn't discounting anymore according to another member on here. Haven't asked yet either, but still, I'd rather wait out the Adidas for a while longer.

17 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Those who don't have all the ones they want..?

I've considered some other Hawks one-off jerseys but no one is selling my size except JB, who supposedly isn't discounting anymore according to another member on here. Haven't asked yet either, but still, I'd rather wait out the Adidas for a while longer.

I figured the prices came down for everyone. But even still, I haven’t paid full retail for a blank 2.0, even when they were current. 

FYI, I just struck a deal with JB for a 2.0, $75 off his already discounted eBay price. So it’s not true that he’s not discounting across the board; maybe it’s just certain jerseys (or certain buyers!). 

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I figured the prices came down for everyone. But even still, I haven’t paid full retail for a blank 2.0, even when they were current. 

FYI, I just struck a deal with JB for a 2.0, $75 off his already discounted eBay price. So it’s not true that he’s not discounting across the board; maybe it’s just certain jerseys (or certain buyers!). 

Fair enough, I haven't asked yet so can't confirm. I've always been able to deal with JB so maybe that's still the case.

Another 2.0, get remaining blanks customized or wait for adidas and have the cash ready...

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he only discounts jerseys that are not very popular or ones that they bought at a lower cost from Reebok.

1 minute ago, Gewargis said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he only discounts jerseys that are not very popular or ones that they bought at a lower cost from Reebok.

Entirely possible. I guess my point was, one should still ask before buying. 

JB recently gave me about 15% off some hawks stuff. Could have done better with a 20% off eBay coupon but those aren’t that frequent. 

But would the adidas transition really affect the game worn market the same way?  I would think it would have minimal to no impact since they are more collectibles than "products."

Full disclosure is that the gamers in question are Reeboks.

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

But would the adidas transition really affect the game worn market the same way?  I would think it would have minimal to no impact since they are more collectibles than "products."

Full disclosure is that the gamers in question are Reeboks.

I suppose not, unless the collector in question wants the newer, more recent jersey, or has enough Reeboks in the collection and he wants to move on to something else. 

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from good luck on eBay, Jersey Baron, Team auctions and FB groups, where else do you guys find authentics online, new or used? I realize I just named pretty much everywhere, but just curious.  Everyone talks about an over-saturation with 2.0s but I don't see much turnover happening.

I think it depends on what teams you collect.  I collect only devils really and Meigray still has plenty of 2.0's in both red, white and retro for $129-149 blank.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I think it depends on what teams you collect.  I collect only devils really and Meigray still has plenty of 2.0's in both red, white and retro for $129-149 blank.

I think so too. I don't see Hawks blanks unless they're on JB or older versions I'm not currently interested in.

18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I think it also depends on sizes. You want a 58? Those can be had all day long. You want a 50 or 52? Good luck. 

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

I think it also depends on sizes. You want a 58? Those can be had all day long. You want a 50 or 52? Good luck. 

Well, most of the "leftovers", including what MeiGray has, are team issued jerseys. There aren't a whole lot of guys wearing 50 or 52. 

But yeah, I hadn't anticipated being able to buy as many as I want at $129.99, and they often pop up for less, especially after the MeiGray Expo.

Guest Dr_Puck
21 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

HockeyMonkey has a ton on sale. I think they have (or had) a BOGO going on.

I had completely forgotten about them. When I first got into collecting, they were my go-to site for replicas. I still have a Leafs Raycroft that I purchased from HockeyMonkey. 

5 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I had completely forgotten about them. When I first got into collecting, they were my go-to site for replicas. I still have a Leafs Raycroft that I purchased from HockeyMonkey. 

Freaking John Ferguson Jr.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:57 AM, mfitz804 said:

Well, most of the "leftovers", including what MeiGray has, are team issued jerseys. There aren't a whole lot of guys wearing 50 or 52. 

Funny, I was going to put 54 in my original reply since that's the smallest TI I've found, but even they get snatched up really quick

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Funny, I was going to put 54 in my original reply since that's the smallest TI I've found, but even they get snatched up really quick

Meigray has (had?) 52s for some Flyers from last year.