2006 Olympic Jerseys

Mach_9

I know this is the Ice Jerseys forum, but I'm looking for an item that is either very rare, or does not exist, and so I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone can help me. I really want to find the white versions of Team Russia and Team Czech's 2006 Olympic jerseys. So far, I've searched high and low with out luck. I know Ice Jerseys carries the red versions.

Anyways - if anyone has seen these somewhere, or knows some magical way of getting one, let me know. I'd be very grateful. Obviously, I'd expected if anyone found them, for them to be blank, but should someone stumble upon player jerseys, I'm looking for a #24 Havlat CZ or a #8 Ovechkin or #71 Kovalchuk RUS.

You have very good taste in jerseys.

Those are some sick jerseys.

I see you do your own graphics as well?

Thats pretty cool.

BTW, I think I found this board/ you from the GameFAQS NHL 07 message board. lol

I see you do your own graphics as well?

Thats pretty cool.

BTW, I think I found this board/ you from the GameFAQS NHL 07 message board. lol

Ahh. Yeah, I put the link there and on the Sabres forums, where I've been active for a long time. Wanted to bring some more people here to help get it up and running. Figured my friends at the Sabres forums would want to come over to discuss the hideous new logo.

I do a lot of graphic work. I almost went to school for design. I really enjoy doing it.

(Don't worry - just because I'm a Sabres fan doesn't mean I hate the Leafs).

Update: I got a hold of an old fellow forum member who is originally from Russia and a collector of Russian jerseys. According to him, the Olympic whites have never been made available, except for game-useds from the one appearance they made in them.

I would assume that the same goes for the Czech jerseys than. That's too bad... Nice looking sweaters.

The swift jerseys, nice. I have the red Team Canada with name and number. It's great, a little too light but good. Just doesn't feel as durable as the thicker NHL jerseys.

I think they looked great in the Olympics, especially on team Russia with the red socks with white on the front. Those socks were absolutely great. I wish I could order a few pairs for when I'm on the ice... I like the swift jerseys - took me a while - but they look pretty nice. Don't necessarily like the swirls on the back/under arms of some of them, but overall they're pretty nice.

Update: I got a hold of an old fellow forum member who is originally from Russia and a collector of Russian jerseys. According to him, the Olympic whites have never been made available, except for game-useds from the one appearance they made in them.

I would assume that the same goes for the Czech jerseys than. That's too bad... Nice looking sweaters.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get a hold of the ones you were looking for. I hate when that kind of stuff happens.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get a hold of the ones you were looking for. I hate when that kind of stuff happens.

Yeah - it was a total bummer. Hopefully 4 years from now, in the next olympics they'll wear the whites more and they'll be available for sale. That's the best situation I can see now, unless they start using them in world cup and stuff.

How are the 2006 Olympic jerseys? I have a Team Russia jersey from the 2002 Olympics/2004 World Cup in my collection and keep thinking about adding the 06 to it.

How are the 2006 Olympic jerseys? I have a Team Russia jersey from the 2002 Olympics/2004 World Cup in my collection and keep thinking about adding the 06 to it.

They're the "swift" jerseys from Nike. The form fitting kind. I personally like it. I don't know how I'd feel in NHL play, but in international play, I think they looked great. I'm partial to the white, which sadly isn't available, but the red is good if you're a collector. I just couldn't wear it, personally. Bright red is just not something I can pull off, even in a hockey jersey.

Ice jerseys has them in the international section.

I'm beginning to think that the only ones that were made in multiple colors were USA and Canada, though I haven't looked around to verify my information.

I'm beginning to think that the only ones that were made in multiple colors were USA and Canada, though I haven't looked around to verify my information.

I'm pretty sure that's right. A friend in Russia said the only Swift Jerseys available were the red ones and I assume the same is true of most of the other European countries. I have seen the white italy ones, but they're game worn, on an auction site (pretty cheap though). I've seen other country's whites there too, but not russia or czech. I'll wait until next olympics...

On what site was the team italy jersey on? Perhaps the seller will know how to get more? I am very interested. I have about 8 other team italy jerseys from various years and would like to keep my collection going.I also have many other national team jerseys (switzerland, australia,spain, mexico, norway,israel,usa,kazakhstan)

Anthony

I'm pretty sure that's right. A friend in Russia said the only Swift Jerseys available were the red ones and I assume the same is true of most of the other European countries. I have seen the white italy ones, but they're game worn, on an auction site (pretty cheap though). I've seen other country's whites there too, but not russia or czech. I'll wait until next olympics...

On what site was the team italy jersey on? Perhaps the seller will know how to get more? I am very interested. I have about 8 other team italy jerseys from various years and would like to keep my collection going.I also have many other national team jerseys (switzerland, australia,spain, mexico, norway,israel,usa,kazakhstan)

Anthony

Had been here : http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/...t=&gallery=

don't see anymore Italy jerseys now.

I've always LOVED the team Sweden jersey, especially the yellow one. This year, once Lundqvist was named the starter for the national team, I got one with his name on it. I wore it for the first time at the Garden against the Sabres last season and just got a ton of compliments on it. This year, there's a lot more floating around. It's just such a sharp jersey.

I've always LOVED the team Sweden jersey, especially the yellow one. This year, once Lundqvist was named the starter for the national team, I got one with his name on it. I wore it for the first time at the Garden against the Sabres last season and just got a ton of compliments on it. This year, there's a lot more floating around. It's just such a sharp jersey.

I've got an old Forsberg Sweden sweater. I don't really wear it so much anymore, but it's been well-worn and seen better days, to say the least. The Sweden jersey is pretty nice though - unique in the international sphere and unmistakable.

• 1 month later...

I'd be willing to be that's not a Nike original in that auction. There's a distinct lack of tags or logos.

By the way, have you got the 2005 Italy jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ITALY-2005-IIHF-Re...itemZ7231781479

• 9 months later...

I would LOVE to have a Lidstrom or Zetterberg Team Sweden jersey...and yes, I agree that they've got one of the better jerseys on the national team circuit. I have always been a fan of simple, yet recognizable designs...I'd also love to have a Team Finland Teemu Selanne jersey now that I've found out that he'll no longer be competing in international play, if he plays anymore at all. I'm definitely no Ducks fan, but they don't win the Cup if he doesn't score the OT winner in Game 5 of the conference finals in Detroit. That goal, in my opinion, will define Selanne's legacy if he does decide to hang up his skates for good.