Customization of smaller sized jerseys

Maui111

The short answer is no.  The numbers will look a bit compressed when compared to the bigger size jerseys, but it's not that bad.  My only real complaint would be long names on the smaller sized jerseys.

Whether you should scale down the lettering on a size 46 or 50 2.0 depends on 2 principal factors, I think.  1)  On some style jerseys there is less room than average on the back, and if you choose a player with large double digit numbers, like 55, or with a long name, the full size lettering will extend over onto adjacent body panels, like the sides or the shoulders.  The previous style (not the current new model) Pittsburgh and Carolina jerseys were good examples of this.  2)  Even if the lettering physically fits within the available space, it will take up a much larger percentage of that space when compared to a gameworn.  Whether this is enough to bother you depends of course on your own personal tolerance limits.  I wouldn't necessarily assume that the customizer is automatically going to reduce the lettering size except in case 1) above, and hopefully they'll advise you accordingly.  But in case 2), if it fits, they probably won't reduce the size unless you specifically ask them to.

I wear both 46's and 50's, and very often the choice of size that I buy will depend on the player I plan to letter the jersey with.  For single digits or small double digits like 11, I may order a 46.  Otherwise, probably a 50.  Just out of curiosity, which jersey styles/player names & numbers are you considering, if you don't mind saying so?

7 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

1)  On some style jerseys there is less room than average on the back, and if you choose a player with large double digit numbers, like 55, or with a long name, the full size lettering will extend over onto adjacent body panels, like the sides or the shoulders.  The previous style (not the current new model) Pittsburgh and Carolina jerseys were good examples of this. 

This topic made me think of this jersey (mine is a 58+, even). Seems like you'd have to do some serious scaling to get it to fit on a 46.

20160311_195336-1.jpg

That jersey is exactly what I was referring to.  I have a size 50 1.0 and they had to cut down the back number length by well over 1-1/4" or they would have crossed over the waist stripe.  I've never been happy with how it looks, and I probably should have asked to have the nameplate letters reduced as well.

29 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Whether you should scale down the lettering on a size 46 or 50 2.0 depends on 2 principal factors, I think.  1)  On some style jerseys there is less room than average on the back, and if you choose a player with large double digit numbers, like 55, or with a long name, the full size lettering will extend over onto adjacent body panels, like the sides or the shoulders.  The previous style (not the current new model) Pittsburgh and Carolina jerseys were good examples of this.  2)  Even if the lettering physically fits within the available space, it will take up a much larger percentage of that space when compared to a gameworn.  Whether this is enough to bother you depends of course on your own personal tolerance limits.  I wouldn't necessarily assume that the customizer is automatically going to reduce the lettering size except in case 1) above, and hopefully they'll advise you accordingly.  But in case 2), if it fits, they probably won't reduce the size unless you specifically ask them to.

I wear both 46's and 50's, and very often the choice of size that I buy will depend on the player I plan to letter the jersey with.  For single digits or small double digits like 11, I may order a 46.  Otherwise, probably a 50.  Just out of curiosity, which jersey styles/player names & numbers are you considering, if you don't mind saying so?

Contemplating  edge 2.0 size 50 Capitals third jersey with "Kuznetsov" 92.  I understand that  capitals logo is somewhat scaled back on sizes 46 & 50 so already know it wont be exactly "on ice" look.  anything over size 50 is too big for my preference.  

I have a size 50 Caps alt, and everything fit within the available space without size reduction.  I was worried about the numbers being too long and crossing over the waist stripe.  The outer edges of the back numbers of the Kuznetsov will probably touch the first (inner) seam of the back mesh panel though.

Edited by LAK74

You're quite welcome.  You wouldn't happen to live in Maui, would you? :)

Just curious.  My mom was born there, and my family has vacationed there quite a bit.  Great place to spend time!