Sharks Heritage from Jersey Baron

Sushiroll40

Hey all,

im thinking about buying a Sharks heritage authentic from jersey baron. Looking at the pictures it seems like the reebok wordmark patch on the back is a different shade of teal than the rest of the jersey and I haven't noticed that from any game photos or videos I've seen. Can anyone confirm this? Maybe the lighting in JB's photos. Sharks aren't using these jerseys this year so I have to rely on old photos. Also what's been people's experience with JB customization. Torn between ordering a customized from JB or getting the blank and shipping it off to action spot. Thanks in advance!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/111993023993?_mwBanner=1

It's just the lighting (similar to how the twill fight strap attachment looks really bright too).

As for customization, it all depends on accuracy. I believe a lot of people are "happy" with what he is able to have done, but for some teams, its not perfectly accurate. I can't speak to this specific customization though.

Definitely the lighting, but possibly just the different material as well.  The teal color always photographs so differently depending on material and lighting.  

I've been thinking of picking up a Sharks heritage for a while now.  Just love those.

As far as JB's customization, you have to be careful.  I've been looking for a 2.0 McDavid orange jersey for a little while and would gladly jump at buying one from JB but the lettering is off.  The lowercase "C" is off...and the rest of the letters appear to have more out a whiter outline then they should.  It's high quality and neatly done in the pics, but not quite a 100% match.  The Sharks customization looks good to me but I am not a Sharks expert.  I thought the McDavid looked good at first glance until I started making comparisons.  I'd look for some high rez photos if I were you and start comparing the details.

Edited by SirBrad

Don't be torn. If you're asking, accuracy is important to you. If accuracy is important to you, use the team's official customizer. No need to worry if it will be good.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Don't be torn. If you're asking, accuracy is important to you. If accuracy is important to you, use the team's official customizer. No need to worry if it will be good.

I agree. You obviously are paying attention to fine details. Go to the team customizer and rest easy knowing that, several months from now, you're not going to notice that JB doesn't cut the N's quite the same as what Burns wears on ice, or something.

Interesting as I noticed the inside neck doesn't have that ring of fabric that has been greenish/yellowish on recent 2.0's that we see on Indo's.  In fact, it doesn't have that piece at all.

Edit: nvm

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Interesting as I noticed the inside neck doesn't have that ring of fabric that has been greenish/yellowish on recent 2.0's that we see on Indo's.  In fact, it doesn't have that piece at all.

Are you talking about the neck taping that repeatedly says reebok on it? 

6 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

If I recall correctly, that wasn't a common thing. That was only really ever on the 2.0 Stadium Series that JB got I believe.

I know it's not on the Flyers 50th jersey that just came out.

From what I remember, the green stripe appeared on the 2011, 2012 & 2015 All-Star 2.0's, as well as the 2014 Stadium Series.

I'm a little confused as to what you guys are talking about. Anyone have a picture? Thank in advance to everyone's help this far on this forum. Should that heritage Sharks jersey have a reebok neck taping? Hope I'm not being too annoying with all my questions. From what I've read and see, should be no reason to worry about the authenticity of JB's jerseys

7 hours ago, Sushiroll40 said:

Are you talking about the neck taping that repeatedly says reebok on it? 

Yes, that's what is being discussed here.  On some 2.0 models the stripe was green, like in this All-Star Game jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-NHL-ALL-STAR-GAME-TEAM-LIDSTROM-TEAM-ISSUED-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-JERSEY-58-/291302477337?hash=item43d2fb0e19

Yup.

• 4 weeks later...

A little late to this party, but I actually purchased a Burns heritage jersey from JB back in May (sorry tomtucker but he is not a bum, he only looks like one :D) after carefully comparing his customization to on-ice images. Pics of mine below. I didn't notice any color difference in the teal of the Reebok patch, I think it is just the lighting. Also, the neck tape is there, it's just plain black and doesn't have the repeating Reebok logos.

I'm very happy with the customization. As someone who has several Hawks jerseys done by City Sports Lettering, my one gripe with them is they always singe the fabric with the heat press, leaving a lot of discolored marks on the jersey (especially noticeable on black jerseys). Anyway, the Burns jersey done by JB doesn't seem to have any of these marks, and the stitch job is clean and meticulous. 

31193247402_bd79475743_b.jpg

30514798924_ce853f2d1a_h.jpg

45 minutes ago, Chazberg said:

A little late to this party, but I actually purchased a Burns heritage jersey from JB back in May (sorry tomtucker but he is not a bum, he only looks like one :D) after carefully comparing his customization to on-ice images. Pics of mine below. I didn't notice any color difference in the teal of the Reebok patch, I think it is just the lighting. Also, the neck tape is there, it's just plain black and doesn't have the repeating Reebok logos.

I'm very happy with the customization. As someone who has several Hawks jerseys done by City Sports Lettering, my one gripe with them is they always singe the fabric with the heat press, leaving a lot of discolored marks on the jersey (especially noticeable on black jerseys). Anyway, the Burns jersey done by JB doesn't seem to have any of these marks, and the stitch job is clean and meticulous. 

Would have been ironic on a Burns jersey. 

But it looks great. 

15 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Boooooooo(urns)

^This right here wins for today.

(Anyone else missing work so they can watch the 600 episode Simpsons marathon on FXX?)

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Eh...they covered the quality seasons over the weekend. Most everything after that is crap.

So you'd rather go to work?

That doesn't sound too "BRILLIANT". :P

7 hours ago, Chazberg said:

A little late to this party, but I actually purchased a Burns heritage jersey from JB back in May (sorry tomtucker but he is not a bum, he only looks like one :D)

Then what about his Fu*** hair? a bum with a bun.........nah, that guy blows. There is only one 88 worth watching now.......ehh, make that 2, i would rather watch Eric Lindros play golf / get dizzy in a revolving door, than watch that guy

brush-with-greatnesss.png?w=650&h=488

Edited by tomtucker

7 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Then what about his Fu*** hair? a bum with a bun.........nah, that guy blows. There is only one 88 worth watching now.......ehh, make that 2, i would rather watch Eric Lindros play golf / get dizzy in a revolving door, than watch that guy

Watch the Inside Hockey where he shows Elliotte Friedman his animal collection. He has rats thawing in his sink to feed his snakes. The guy is a gem.