BOSTON BRUINS AUTHENTIC 2010 NHL WINTER CLASSIC REEBOK EDGE 2.0 7287

jmw

I just bought this jersey (NWT) and it seems a bit more "lightweight" than other edge 2.0 7287 jerseys i own. might that have something to do with the fact that this jersey is from 2009-2010 and the others are from 2011-2012? or are these winter classic jerseys simply different (i also noticed the reebok logo is on the back collar, rather than the name spelled out)? or is the jersey a fake?

Retail 7287's were made on special order I believe, well after the event took place.  They were made retroactively with the correct older Reebok vector logo, just like the one on the original on-ice jerseys.  We can't tell you if the jersey is fake unless we see some pictures, so if you can post some it would help a lot.  If your jersey is a legit retail 2.0, I imagine it might have a born-on sticker showing a manufacturing date well after 2012.  Does your jersey still have the stickers (usually on the paper sleeve tag and on the wash tag inside the jersey?  If so, what is the date?

the born-on date appears to be dec 18, 2014 (18.12.14).

does that imply the material should be the same as that on the 2011-12 jerseys? or are the winter classic ones different?

i'll try to send some photos later this pm....

The fact that the jersey even has born-on stickers is a good sign it's legit.  Fakes won't have these. :)   (If you got it from JerseyBaron it's legit.)   Some on-ice 2.0's for special events (All-Star Game, for example) were made of slightly lower-weight airknit, so perhaps the original WC gamers were too.  I don't own one of those, but some members here do, so perhaps someone else can comment on that.

i'd love other input on the material weight issue...thanks in advance.

also, do you know if these jerseys run large compared to other 2.0 7287's? this jersey is a 54...but it's HUGE. it's larger than some a couple size 56 jerseys i already own (the 54 measures a whopping 28" pit-to-pit!).