Are Indo-Edges really that bad?

zetastrike

I made the same observation today about the Blackhawks Indio edge jerseys. The fist run has a different color face on the crest, much thinner material, sloppy chain stitching and the Reebok word mark on the back outer collar is not sewn down. I can post some photos later but there is a substantial difference between the first version and and latter. 

On 12/2/2016 at 2:23 PM, SirBrad said:

I almost picked up a Sharks Heritage Indo on Ebay a month ago and forgot about it.  It went to auction and sold for about $180.  It was the only Indo-Edge of that I've ever come across on Ebay.  It looked great in the up-close pictures.

That was probably mine :D I'd bought one from the Sharks store during the playoffs, but it had a bunch of loose threads in the shoulder patches. They don't give refunds so they gave me a new jersey, but by then I'd decided to go with JB.

2 hours ago, Chazberg said:

That was probably mine :D I'd bought one from the Sharks store during the playoffs, but it had a bunch of loose threads in the shoulder patches. They don't give refunds so they gave me a new jersey, but by then I'd decided to go with JB.

yep sounds like it!  it looked really good - was that the replacement you were selling then?  I almost did used Buy It Now but with Christmas around the corner I put it off and then I saw you relisted it and I never watched it but had it in the back of my mind and just totally forgot.  You did pretty good on your return generally speaking, but the lesson to be learned I guess is that the Indo's do not have good resale value over MSRP.

Also, I guess there are still some QC issues with them if you picked up one with loose threads.

Are you much happier with a 2.0 over the Indo?

The issue I have seen with the few Devils Indos I have seen is, people try to sell them for astronomical prices. I have only seen them in the team store and on eBay, and I know for a fact that with patience and luck, I have paid the same or in some cases significantly less for a 2.0. With the reputation of the Indos being what it is, and the 2.0 being what is actually worn on the ice, I couldn't justify buying an Indo.

If it were some special jersey that 2.0s were rare or impossible to find, maybe I would consider that. Short of that, it would have to be significantly cheap to get my attention. 

1 hour ago, SirBrad said:

You did pretty good on your return generally speaking, but the lesson to be learned I guess is that the Indo's do not have good resale value over MSRP.

Also, I guess there are still some QC issues with them if you picked up one with loose threads.

Are you much happier with a 2.0 over the Indo?

Yeah, after relisting it three times and getting pretty disheartened I was thrilled to get as much for it as I did. I am happier with the 2.0, though it's with my tailor at the moment having the sleeves taken in a bit. In terms of the patch issue, I hope that was a QC issue and not something that will eventually happen to my 2.0 too. I guess time will tell. Here's a pic of the first Indo:

shoulder-patch-threads-crop2.jpg

Not a huge deal but when I get a brand new jersey for full MSRP I expect it to be perfect.

Edited by Chazberg