Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

Anyone else have "Reacquisition Syndrome"?

I think what you have is "self reacquisition syndrome". There is definitely a joy that comes with taking a jersey down from sale and putting it back in the mix.

Because I'm the king of bumping old threads ... I just purchased a jersey I foolishly let go two years ago. I've been hounding the seller on Facebook for a while (who acquired it from a member here). We finally worked out a good price on the jersey to correct a mistake I made. Normally I don't get all sentimental about jerseys-- it's just clothing after all-- but I am positively stoked to get it.  

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Because I'm the king of bumping old threads ... I just purchased a jersey I foolishly let go two years ago. I've been hounding the seller on Facebook for a while (who acquired it from a member here). We finally worked out a good price on the jersey to correct a mistake I made. Normally I don't get all sentimental about jerseys-- it's just clothing after all-- but I am positively stoked to get it.  

Out of curiosity, was it the one you sold me?

Just now, Devilsguy said:

Out of curiosity, was it the one you sold me?

No, but that's also on my list. That particular collector-- from FB-- knows the Outlaws will eventually be mine again.  

The jersey I just got back involved a trade between myself, Mfitz and AlereFlammam. I sent out a Wild gamer to one of those guys and ended up with a couple of other jerseys that aren't even in my collection anymore. 

Oh wow, you wanted that jersey back almost immediately! I'm glad you were able to get it. 

If I recall correctly, I wound up taking cash considerations in that deal.  Originally I was to receive a jersey back that I had sold to AF,  but he later changed his mind and kept the Jersey, giving me cash instead. 

Bus, as I do, I did later rebuy that jersey from AF,  and even more as I do, I have sold it again. 

Wow, you guys sure do make things complicated for yourselves ?

That deal took like three weeks to put together and Mfitz is right, I was regretting it the moment my jersey was mailed. In a weird way, I've had "reacquire cool jersey" on my list of things to do in the hobby. It's been fun tracking down a couple of my old ones. 

Good old white wild jersey. Can't remember the player but I had two of them at one point. 

Glad you got it back finally. 

33 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Good old white wild jersey. Can't remember the player but I had two of them at one point. 

Glad you got it back finally. 

I must have gotten mine from you. Bergenheim? Haven't seen many others in the year-plus since.

7 hours ago, furiousd said:

I must have gotten mine from you. Bergenheim? Haven't seen many others in the year-plus since.

Yup. You were my other victim muahahahaha:doh:

17 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

No, but that's also on my list. That particular collector-- from FB-- knows the Outlaws will eventually be mine again.  

The jersey I just got back involved a trade between myself, Mfitz and AlereFlammam. I sent out a Wild gamer to one of those guys and ended up with a couple of other jerseys that aren't even in my collection anymore. 

I hear you and glad you are getting it back.  Recently got back a Devils Andreychuk gamer I let go a year ago and regretted it almost immediately.  Glad to have that one back and good to see you getting one back too.