*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

12 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Some drama going down today with one collector accusing another of faking sticks

Two big names too. 

I was offered 10% of my asking price on a jersey today on ebay...first time I have ever received an offer that low

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dr_Puck
8 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Two big names too. 

I was offered 10% of my asking price on a jersey today on ebay...first time I have ever received an offer that low

We all read this as 10% off. Yikes! 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

We all read this as 10% off. Yikes! 

I didn’t. I’ve had people do it and then message me to ask why I didn’t respond. 

Still gotta beat my record. I was offered $6 once on a jersey I had listed for $250 BIN. By my calculations that's over 97% off the list price.

33 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Still gotta beat my record. I was offered $6 once on a jersey I had listed for $250 BIN. By my calculations that's over 97% off the list price.

Most likely being a Devils jersey, with a sense of humor, I would have offered you $6.66, the number of the beast. 

Believe it or not, it was a fully customized Caps 2.0 done up by EPS as Ovechkin. I rejected it and got a counter offer of $12. I rejected that too.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Believe it or not, it was a fully customized Caps 2.0 done up by EPS as Ovechkin. I rejected it and got a counter offer of $12. I rejected that too.

I wouldn’t reject it. I would leave it sitting out there for the full 48 hours just to annoy them back.

I always wonder if these people are serious or just desperately trying to participate in a market they are drastically out priced by. As in maybe just making a ridiculous bid still feels good to them.

otherwise, and this is what I assume, they're just tire kickers with an abundance of time and nothing valuable to spend it on.

Listen, there’s lowball and then there’s lowball. Twice I have had a $50 offer accepted on a jersey listed for $200. Each was overpriced, probably worth $100-150. But they sat unsold for a long time so I took a shot. 

But, big difference between a $50 offer on a $100 jersey and Devilsguy’s $250/$6/$12 situation. 

Yeah I mean at $6 and $12 on a $250 BIN price, the buyer is either an idiot or a wise-Arse. Neither I want to deal with. Even if the offer was $75, which is 70% below my asking price, I would have at least taken it seriously and countered to see if a deal could be made.

31 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

There's also a chance it could be a little kid who only has $12 saved up.

Then his mommy should be monitoring his internet usage. 

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Then his mommy should be monitoring his internet usage. 

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Listen, there’s lowball and then there’s lowball. Twice I have had a $50 offer accepted on a jersey listed for $200. Each was overpriced, probably worth $100-150. But they sat unsold for a long time so I took a shot. 

But, big difference between a $50 offer on a $100 jersey and Devilsguy’s $250/$6/$12 situation. 

This / exactly.

I will counter a really low lowball a penny or two off, just so it shows I countered to other buyers.  Gotta drum up business! 

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

I will counter a really low lowball a penny or two off, just so it shows I countered to other buyers.  Gotta drum up business! 

I've done this a couple of times just to be spiteful as a buyer. The next time a seller refuses to budge on a fair price, I'll bump up an offer by a penny or two in return. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

29 minutes ago, cjerina said:

I've gotten more "reasonable" offers on listings that don't have Best Offer enabled that I have on any OBO listings in a while.

True. And now that you can reply with an offer it’s pretty cool.

I dont understand the sellers who do OBO but will only take off $25.  At that point, why even bother (i.e. only take $775 on a jersey they have listed for $800)

36 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I dont understand the sellers who do OBO but will only take off $25.  At that point, why even bother (i.e. only take $775 on a jersey they have listed for $800)

All depends on the price point. In your example, that seller shouldn’t have bothered. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

All depends on the price point. In your example, that seller shouldn’t have bothered. 

Yeah for sure. Someone has an item for $50, Id be shocked if they take more than 20-25% off. 

Starting to really get annoyed by one of the so called "veterans" of the hobby. With his own grab bag featuring no name minor league players and now a defunct UHL teams s***ty practice jerseys with no fight strap and sublimated logo for 60 bucks. Come on, it's a freaking beer league jersey. I can go pick up a brand new NHL practice with sewn everything and a fight strap for 60.