*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

32 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Not just any size 48 jersey with fight strap, but a jersey from a lower league, obscure team, that might not have even been produced, and if it was, not more than a handful in existence.

Every time I list stuff on eBay, he contacts me there too for the same thing. I don't bother answering anymore. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Me: "don't have the LOA as original owner lost it, but able to photomatch it to these photos"

Potential buyer: "sorry without the LOA I can't be sure what you are selling me is 100% legit.  I can therefore either not buy this or offer significantly less than market value."

I don't have a problem with someone only wanting to collect jerseys with an LOA, but if that is how they feel, they should just not contact you. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't have a problem with someone only wanting to collect jerseys with an LOA, but if that is how they feel, they should just not contact you. 

That plus I just find it pretty silly and ridiculous they are questioning authenticity of it when I have multiple photo matches.  This is why sometimes spending the $75 to get a Meigray LOA is worth it so you can avoid this and probably add $100+ to your asking price if you ever sell it.

Oh and did he eventually trade his Grabner Islanders GI?  I have seen that offered endlessly for weeks now.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

That plus I just find it pretty silly and ridiculous they are questioning authenticity of it when I have multiple photo matches.  This is why sometimes spending the $75 to get a Meigray LOA is worth it so you can avoid this and probably add $100+ to your asking price if you ever sell it.

Right, but you're acknowledging that it adds resale value, so if that's what someone chooses to do, I get it. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, but you're acknowledging that it adds resale value, so if that's what someone chooses to do, I get it. 

Yes and no.  If someone told me the LOA they had was from Byron's Hockeyland to me it is the same as saying you don't have an LOA.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Yes and no.  If someone told me the LOA they had was from Byron's Hockeyland to me it is the same as saying you don't have an LOA.

I'm sure that folks who don't know as much as you wouldn't make that distinction. 

16 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

"I'm selling some jerseys, PM me with your offers, because I'm hoping someone will pay wayyy to much"

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. 

And when they tell me to PM them, I just don't. 

No price posted = not interested. 

EDIT: Even better. After not posting a price, they tell you to PM them. You do PM them, and they don't even have Facebook messenger, so they don't even get the PM. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

20 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

EDIT: Even better. After not posting a price, they tell you to PM them. You do PM them, and they don't even have Facebook messenger, so they don't even get the PM. 

:D Some people are just plain retarded

Second time this week:

"Looking for NHL tough guys in trade. (While offering "non-NHL tough guys" in trade and not even listing a possible sale price to actually fund said-NHL tough guys."

2 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

"Not really looking to sell unless someone blows me away with an offer"

Noticed that one as well. In other words: who is willing to trade away higher value jerseys for my crap

And my favorite people on FB are the ones that comment "Oh Im interested in this jersey" on four different jerseys in 2 minutes, then contact you, and then tell you that (a) they can't afford it, (b) make initial contact and stop responding, (c) ask to hold it for 3 weeks without putting money down.

Sad thing is, people would probably have donated. I know someone who paid for their moving truck/crew by doing a GoFundMe, basically if said "I'm moving and can't afford movers, please help". 

That's ridiculous. If you can't afford it now, then save up some money like everyone else. This reminds me of the Millennial conversation we had in the other thread. 

49 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

And some of you guys still wonder why I've never joined Facebook.

We know you're not on Facebook for other reasons:

gayvampire1-vi.jpg

19 hours ago, amonte78 said:

A guy just posted a fundraiser he created so that he could afford a Sharks Pavelski gamer. WTF?! 

Wish I would have seen that as it both would have totally blown my mind yet not surprise me.  On Devils fan FB groups (insert few fans joke here) I see some fans ask for free tickets all the time.  It blows my mind how they can just ask for that without shame.  I really do think it is a Devils thing but it is also seems to be a generational thing.  I rarely see someone over the age of 30 ask for that.

If the guy who asked for the fundraiser for the Pavelski is a somewhat regular in the groups please PM me his name, I would greatly appreciate it.  Like to know who I deal with on there and to prepare for stuff lol.  Often times when people PM me on there I could already guess how the negotiations will go based on what I have seen them do in the game worn groups lol.

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Wish I would have seen that as it both would have totally blown my mind yet not surprise me.  On Devils fan FB groups (insert few fans joke here) I see some fans ask for free tickets all the time.  It blows my mind how they can just ask for that without shame.  I really do think it is a Devils thing but it is also seems to be a generational thing.  I rarely see someone over the age of 30 ask for that.

If the guy who asked for the fundraiser for the Pavelski is a somewhat regular in the groups please PM me his name, I would greatly appreciate it.  Like to know who I deal with on there and to prepare for stuff lol.  Often times when people PM me on there I could already guess how the negotiations will go based on what I have seen them do in the game worn groups lol.

Try going to McFaddens at Citi Field before any random Mets game...