*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

25 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I should be smart and join the Ice Jerseys Forum bump. 

I prefer we don't advertise this place on Facebook. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I agree with R. Kelly up there. We don't need more people showing up here just to try unload their crap at another outlet.

On the flip side, its sometimes fun to mercilessly abuse people...

57 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Holiday Bump

Game Day Bump

Mail Day Bump

Right before I post on eBay bump

Grail Day Bump

Weekly Bump

Hourly Bump

Re-Focusing bump

Weak Euro vs Strong Dollar Bump (!)

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

On the flip side, its sometimes fun to mercilessly abuse people...

We already have Devils fans. 

6 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

"Jake Marty" bump. 

That kid is one of the worst ones! Always asks people to hold stuff or he will offer the same two jerseys for trade for something of higher value.

15 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

"Jake Marty" bump. 

lol I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before his name was brought up.

"Holiday discount bump!"

Everything is marked down $5-10.....

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

"Holiday discount bump!"

Everything is marked down $5-10.....

Pre NYE sale, before everything goes back upto full price.

Yeah because if it's not going to be sold with a price drop, it won't be sold at full price will it.

15 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Pre NYE sale, before everything goes back upto full price.

Yeah because if it's not going to be sold with a price drop, it won't be sold at full price will it.

You also see that one on eBay all the time. No bids at $150, let's make it $175 the next time around!!

"I have 10 jerseys for sale, but instead of posting on one sale post I will give each jersey their own post.  I think the extra clutter helps me sell these jerseys"

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You also see that one on eBay all the time. No bids at $150, let's make it $175 the next time around!!

I've seen one seller who keeps re-listing a Tyler Bouck Canucks gamer at $250. The guy played 91 NHL games over five seasons and had 4G 8A over that span. The price hasn't dropped at all for the last six months.

Hmm, I wonder why a career AHLer's (who last played in the DEL a few years ago) NHL gamer isn't selling. I mean, s***, if he dropped the price I might snap it up just to put the guy out of his misery, but that jersey is not worth $250.

Edited by TheKevinShow

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

"I have 10 jerseys for sale, but instead of posting on one sale post I will give each jersey their own post.  I think the extra clutter helps me sell these jerseys"

And still not a single price tag for any of them. 

I really wish the main group would be split between NHL only gamers and then Minors/Juniors/etc gamers.  I know there is already a minors/juniors group already, but those jerseys need to be just in that group alone.  Hate having to scroll past tons of minors stuff just to see the NHL gamers.

Are there master negotiators on Facebook too?

Price is $150

"Would you take $145?"

Like really, you need to "win" so badly that you need to save five bucks? 

Although, I suppose that is better than someone asking "would you take $40" for the same jersey. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are there master negotiators on Facebook too?

Price is $150

"Would you take $145?"

Like really, you need to "win" so badly that you need to save five bucks? 

Although, I suppose that is better than someone asking "would you take $40" for the same jersey. 

That is the crux of my complaints with most deals these days.  Everyone has to feel like they "won" and bent the other person over doing it. 

Have a buddy who recently listed a pair of game worn gloves for $250 shipped.  Guy was interested but didn't want to pay that but he re-negotiated with him and settled on $200 plus shipping (about $15).  Guy comes back a day or two later after not paying saying his wife will kill him if he spends anything over $200 for them so $200 shipped is his final offer.  Yes, $15 was the big difference on something that was $250 asking.  My friend balked at that and knew that the wife story was nonsense, the guy just wanted to feel like he "won"