*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Some noob started that here a year or two ago with a Wild-wing Jersey. He really believed himself too. 

These were just knockoff Reeboks and adidas.  These weren't even vintage remakes lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Same story different day.  While very entertaining, both sides do seem to provoke each other.

I guess it's something else to see rather than a the dozens of daily mail day posts.

They should ban Casey for a week to see how quiet everything gets, and then invite him back in so they can finally see all the drama he stirs up. 

Also, does anybody have any Daniel Sprong goal pucks for sale? I’m the foremost authority in Daniel Sprong goal pucks. 

25 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

They should ban Casey for a week to see how quiet everything gets, and then invite him back in so they can finally see all the drama he stirs up. 

Also, does anybody have any Daniel Sprong goal pucks for sale? I’m the foremost authority in Daniel Sprong goal pucks. 

I don't know about Sprong goal pucks, but mfitz keeps telling me he wants to be the foremost authority on salt deposits.

57 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I don't know about Sprong goal pucks, but mfitz keeps telling me he wants to be the foremost authority on salt deposits.

Crystallized butt sweat. Wonderful. 

Edited by mfitz804

Guest Dr_Puck

Not many people are coming across as helpful in those threads. The attacks on each other, the dumb memes, and the random posts are distracting from the broader issue. I don't care how you feel about those involved specifically, the mods in that group have some real decisions to make. Regardless of who attacked whom, they need to get to the root of the problems and deal wth it. The whole "mods shouldn't be heavy handed" line is carp. Frankly it's making the whole hobby look petty since it's the largest group. I get it, you found a clever GIF of someone eating popcorn and you're there for the comments ... how is that helping?

Edited by Dr_Puck

26 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Not many people are coming across as helpful in those threads. The attacks on each other, the dumb memes, and the random posts are distracting from the broader issue. I don't care how you feel about those involved specifically, the mods in that group have some real decisions to make. Regardless of who attacked whom, they need to get to the root of the problems and deal wth it. The whole "mods shouldn't be heavy handed" line is carp. Frankly it's making the whole hobby look petty since it's the largest group. I get it, you found a clever GIF of someone eating popcorn and you're there for the comments ... how is that helping?

I think you just described everything that is wrong with all of Facebook...and this is also why I no longer have an account.

3 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

I wouldn't let the admins of that group moderate a monkey poop fight at the zoo. It's their romper room and they helped create and nurture it. 

Best day at the zoo ever.

15 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Just make sure you aren't standing downwind :-)

That’ll put some salt on your fight strap. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

It's not much different than a lot of Devils fan groups I'm apart of.  The groups are really only as good as the mods and the whole laissez faire approach pretty much never works unless the group has literally about 100 people or less in it.

There are now several other game worn groups of decent size out there with tighter moderation.  I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a shift towards those very soon.

So I closed a sale this past weekend where it sort of started in the Casey thread on FB.  I just found that somewhat amusing that I was able to make a sale in the middle of basically a big fight lol.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

So I closed a sale this past weekend where it sort of started in the Casey thread on FB.  I just found that somewhat amusing that I was able to make a sale in the middle of basically a big fight lol.

that's great lol
Best this weekend was the people questioning Dylan Ferguson posting his own game worn jersey

3 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

that's great lol
Best this weekend was the people questioning Dylan Ferguson posting his own game worn jersey

“Looks fake.”

...f@cktards. 

Jerseys that were never worn but I bought it thread
Jerseys of someone you think was real thread
jerseys of playoff players that never existed thread

Matt Hunwick Jersey appreciation thread.

These dumbass threads show up everyday

4 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

that's great lol

Quick question about this.

i didn't see the start of that campaign for that jersey, but did Dylan reach out and ask for that jersey?