*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

This thread is now 67 pages long. That's a lot of venting! 

You couldn’t wait two more pages to make a bigger deal out of this occasion?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dr_Puck
2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

You couldn’t wait two more pages to make a bigger deal out of this occasion?

That's what she said. 

19 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's what she said. 

Careful, if you say that too many times, people start asking you to leave the message board.

It's definitely funny, just beware its power. 

And well done, my man, that was perfect execution. 

Which, of course, is also what she said. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's what she said. 

I fully expected that, but not from you. 

...And that’s what she said. 

4 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Mfitz, you're a thoughtful member of our fine community. Don't ever change.

Which is definitely NOT what she said. 

Right back at ya, doc. 

1 hour ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Just more comments to be entertained by lol. I mean who wouldn't be entertained by some of the higher end collectors saying that to some people 35k is not a lot of money and collector(s) who have bought and sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jerseys starting in about relative spending. 

There were a few people getting offended in there, surprised there was no sign of Casey commenting how his state of the art basement museum is worth more. Then again I think he went into hibernation.

Also post your Eastern Conference Finals jerseys!!!!!

When a lot of these collectors begin to accept they are not "the market" then they can have an easier time swallowing those Vegas prices.

Did they really expect Meigray to check with the game worn FB groups on pricing beforehand?

9 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

When a lot of these collectors begin to accept they are not "the market" then they can have an easier time swallowing those Vegas prices.

Did they really expect Meigray to check with the game worn FB groups on pricing beforehand?

Obviously. Don't Macy's and Bloomingdale's go around to people's yard sales to determine pricing?

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Obviously. Don't Macy's and Bloomingdale's go around to people's yard sales to determine pricing?

Lol yup.

People b**** about MAF at $35K but both jerseys sold, so there you have it.

44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Consider in the grand-scheme, how few SCF shirts surface on resale... you either buy it or likely never see it again. I only recall seeing 1 Predators SCF shirt in the FB groups since last year.

34 minutes ago, cjerina said:

Consider in the grand-scheme, how few SCF shirts surface on resale... you either buy it or likely never see it again. I only recall seeing 1 Predators SCF shirt in the FB groups since last year.

Depends on the team, but I typically don't see first ever cup finals jerseys for any particular team hit the resale market often.

28 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Well, they'll have plenty of time to do so considering they're in bankruptcy.

Pick whatever retailer you wish to insert in their place, then. It's irrelevant. Stores don't set their prices that way. 

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Depends on the team, but I typically don't see first ever cup finals jerseys for any particular team hit the resale market often.

Makes sense. Not that I follow these things, but I would imagine Devils 1995 Cup jerseys aren't all that common at re-sale. 

23 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

The players have them. Daneyko and Driver wear theirs all the time and it's like a tease lol. Driver wears his playing in alumni games. Daneyko's son wore his while singing the anthem last season. I think the last 1995 Devils SCF that came up for sale, either private or public, was Danton Cole and that was a GI. 

i remember Daneyko's son wearing his, spotted it in like 2 seconds. I guess if you're gonna wear your dad's jersey to sing the anthem, might as well go all the way. 

Do Daneyko jerseys sell for more than they ought to, based on his longevity and his being a "great Devil" rather than the best player on the ice? 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dr_Puck

Some of you may know about a certain hobby of mine: I take note of all of the off-topic sales posts that appear in jersey groups. Most of the time, the mods are quick to remove these. However, this list is short given that I don't get all of the off-topic stuff that could possibly link to jerseys (like hangers or mannequins) or get to random things that are included with jersey posts. Often the offending person realizes that they're in the wrong and will apologize, but not always. 

Since December 2016:
*Riding lawnmower  
*Jeep
*Two lamps, one with a shade and the other sans shade 
*Recipe for corn salad (puck group)
*Signed Drew Brees football card
*Smackdown belt signed by Carmella
*Signed Happy Days photo 
*Candle holder wedding centerpieces
*Entire set of Pokemon cards
*Yamaha moterscooter
*Alan Jackson collector plates
*Dartboard, wireless printer, toaster (one post)
*Honda Civic
*White sofa 
*Two pairs of running shoes 
*Microwave stand 
*Pair of tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert
*Pair of dishwashers 
*Mighty Ducks Sweatshirt
*60+ 8 tracks tapes
*Women’s golf clubs
*Orange football cleats
*Holiday lights and tree