Sign in to follow this  
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I got a rock. 

.Surprised you didn't win this

35728687_10155234646040881_8787298788906

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Jack Squat this time around.

eqgz33w_xbk.jpg?JuO.l8iA3B8SlSnhbITdECw2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love those jerseys with the 1 inch numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to comment "Black Numbers are usually larger than White numbers" but know the adminds, would prob get banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow: "Show me your 6 and 10 inchers!  The bigger the better!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying “Asking for a friend” is a good way to make people want to throw you off a bridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Saying “Asking for a friend” is a good way to make people want to throw you off a bridge. 

Whats funny is that I reach out on various shirts for friends, and yet I don't think I've ever pulled that expression unless I'm at a point of buying the shirt and waiting on confirmation from them. But by that point, I already know what their price-point and focus are, rather than "jim bob's never owned a gamer and cant make up his mind what to buy but is really really going to buy something, honest".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvm

Edited by Devilsguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ten years later...

Is this Penguins Winter Classic gamer a fake?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Ten years later...

Is this Penguins Winter Classic gamer a fake?...

Somehow I'm a d!ck for telling the guy that these have been around forever.

This is why when I try to post more in those FB groups I get reminded why I don't post more.

Edited by Devilsguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Somehow I'm a d!ck for telling the guy that these have been around forever.

This is why when I try to post more in those FB groups I get reminded why I don't post more.

I feel bad for you now that you’re getting grilled for info on a practice jersey of a team you don’t even collect. This is exactly why I stopped attempting to help people on facebook. Having knowledge is a double edged sword on social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I feel bad for you now that you’re getting grilled for info on a practice jersey of a team you don’t even collect. This is exactly why I stopped attempting to help people on facebook. Having knowledge is a double edged sword on social media. 

lol I instantly regretted even commenting as soon as he started posting photos of it.

I don't mind helping people, but too many times I get blasted for it for every reason under the sky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty interesting discussion/poll about whether it is worth it to post jerseys for sale on the game worn group. I voted maybe on the poll. Looking through my list, I have made exactly 4 sales out of the last 40 jerseys I have posted for sale in the general game worn group. I think Jake actually had the right answer for the biggest reason which is that so much stuff gets posted that unless you are spamming the group every day your sale post gets lost. While I get the argument that price is king, I still believe what I have said several time over the past year or so that unless you have bargain basement prices or you are selling high-end jerseys you might as well set your money on fire. The $300-1K market on jerseys is just getting destroyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted no. All I get are offers to pay for my jerseys in 6 month installment plans. Yet, I still post :poop:

 

Edit: I can't believe how some people have the nerve to negotiate and then ask you to wait 6 months for payment. Do I look like a bank giving interest free loans here?

Edited by NYIJM29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were the jerseys at least on the expensive side? I once got asked if I could do a payment plan on a $450 jersey where I would get $50-100 a month from a guy in Finland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue a PayPal invoice (add 3% for fee if so inclined) and let the pay by Paypal credit. They’ll get their 6 months but you get paid immediately. Win win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted a White Panthers recently, have had 5-6 people message me on it. Then everyone turns it down because a 56 was either too big or too small to wear. Makes me pretty aggravated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I've posted a White Panthers recently, have had 5-6 people message me on it. Then everyone turns it down because a 56 was either too big or too small to wear. Makes me pretty aggravated

Was the size disclosed in the listing? 

If so, those 5-6 people are stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Were the jerseys at least on the expensive side? I once got asked if I could do a payment plan on a $450 jersey where I would get $50-100 a month from a guy in Finland.

Some yes, some no, most expensive was $1000.  I understand this is a luxury and people cannot just drop $1000 on a jersey.  I get that some people are paid bi-weekly and need some time to pay, but I can never imagine mortgaging my livelihood to buy a jersey.  If I cannot pay for a jersey today or by the time the credit card cycle ends, I will not buy. I dont like the idea of carrying debt for a jersey.  

 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Issue a PayPal invoice (add 3% for fee if so inclined) and let the pay by Paypal credit. They’ll get their 6 months but you get paid immediately. Win win. 

I thought about it, but if they default on PayPal, they get a 24% interest penalty.  Facebook sellers are interest free.  This is a good option for buyers if they are fiscally responsible. 

 

7 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I've posted a White Panthers recently, have had 5-6 people message me on it. Then everyone turns it down because a 56 was either too big or too small to wear. Makes me pretty aggravated

That's the other thing. A lot of tire kickers who have no intentions of buying.  I don't see the need to comment on a post "oh, if only this were a 56". 

Edited by NYIJM29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol @ "if only it were a 56." I see that way too much.

If only it were the other color

If only it had the alternate captain's A. If only it had the captain's C.

If only it was a different year

If only it had more wear

If only it had less wear

If only it had different kind of wear

If only I could photomatch it

If only it had an LOA

If only I could find matching used equipment

If only it was a different team

 

 

I mean what I am supposed to say to those replies? It doesn't add anything.

Edited by Devilsguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Was the size disclosed in the listing? 

If so, those 5-6 people are stupid. 

Facebook it was, don't list sizes on facebook for the reason @NYIJM29 mentioned.

 

The absolute worst is getting the notification on your post and at first you assume someones commenting 'pm sent, interested"

Then it's not...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I thought about it, but if they default on PayPal, they get a 24% interest penalty.  Facebook sellers are interest free.  This is a good option for buyers if they are fiscally responsible. 

Well, frankly that's their problem. If they intend to pay over 6 months, they could do it interest free that way.

If they refuse that option, obviously its iffy (if not guaranteed) that they will NOT pay over 6 months, in which case, you definitely don't want their business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

Well, frankly that's their problem. If they intend to pay over 6 months, they could do it interest free that way.

If they refuse that option, obviously its iffy (if not guaranteed) that they will NOT pay over 6 months, in which case, you definitely don't want their business. 

That's exactly it.  When people do not need to put money down, they are more likely to flake. Very rarely do people come through when they say "I will take it next week."  

 

Maybe I am just grouchy but it is getting to the point where I dont even know why I try selling on facebook.  I do not think I've sold a jersey on facebook in a while.  I posted those 2 Isles jerseys for $115 in the Not GW group and someone asked me if it was negotiable (which, IMO were VERY reasonably priced) -- I ended up selling both on ebay for more money in less time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this