*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

48 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

I feel like the subreddit is turning into a crap factory.  Posts get downvoted too often for very stupid reasons. There might be some sort of gang mentality/popularity contest going on there. It totally feels like the high school for jersey collectors.

I like to just browse from time to time. There’s so little quality in what gets posted. I have never see a group of people get so excited for $50 premiers or $100 adidas indos. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gewargis said:

I feel like the subreddit is turning into a crap factory.  Posts get downvoted too often for very stupid reasons. There might be some sort of gang mentality/popularity contest going on there. It totally feels like the high school for jersey collectors.

I get so tired of the "grail" jerseys that get posted.  Hey check out my crappy replica jersey, it is the holy grail of jerseys!!!  I hate that word anyway, but it should be really be held for that one jersey you never thought you would be able to own, but somehow you do.  Not, I bought this replica jersey of a team I kind of like, it my grail.  Even though you can get these all day on eBay for like $25.00.

16 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I get so tired of the "grail" jerseys that get posted.  Hey check out my crappy replica jersey, it is the holy grail of jerseys!!!  I hate that word anyway, but it should be really be held for that one jersey you never thought you would be able to own, but somehow you do.  Not, I bought this replica jersey of a team I kind of like, it my grail.  Even though you can get these all day on eBay for like $25.00.

Man, tell me about it. Like, bruh, how is your Maple Leafs Reebok premiere a freakin' grail? They have seriously ruined the word for me. 

21 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I prefer to go by the Indiana Jones definition. It's something you seek out forever, and then once you have it, you can't even enjoy it because it will melt off a N@zi's face. 

Edited by mfitz804

I used to check out that subreddit a few times a week up until about 18-24 months ago.  I last looked at it about 2-3 weeks ago and 90% I saw was what you people described.  It's a bunch of high school and college kids posting about how awesome their replicas are.

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I prefer to go by the Indiana Jones definition. It's something you seek out forever, and then once you have it, you can't even enjoy it because it will melt off a N@zi's face. 

Fun fact: Julian Glover, the guy who played the main villain in that film who died from drinking from the false grail is the only actor to be in an Indiana Jones, Star Wars and James Bond film.

He played General Veers in Empire Strikes back and played the main villain in For Your Eyes Only called Kristatos.

Grails are like anything else these days that are tagged with superlatives. Everything is the best, someone's favorite or grail, until next week. It's all disposable. Your grail SHOULD be a replica if you want something cheap and fast until your attention shifts to something else.

i know Hawks "fans" who bought knockoffs for this exact reason and now have bailed on the team after a few disappointing seasons. When that's your mentality, a shite jersey is just a temporary accessory to be seen in by friends who don't know the difference.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

1 hour ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

This is my favorite, because he's done this to multiple people.

39496846_709107219432918_674554413178893

Lol where did he say that?

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Grails are like anything else these days that are tagged with superlatives. Everything is the best, someone's favorite or grail, until next week. It's all disposable. Your grail SHOULD be a replica if you want something cheap and fast until your attention shifts to something else.

i know Hawks "fans" who bought knockoffs for this exact reason and now have bailed on the team after a few disappointing seasons. When that's your mentality, a shite jersey is just a temporary accessory to be seen in by friends who don't know the difference.

Someone just posted that they found their Grail at a Thrift Store with “Acklands Grainger” on the back, which is a screw and hardware store here in Canada.....

Edited by KB67

5 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Someone just posted that they found their Grual at a Thrift Store with “Acklands Grainger” on the back, which is a screw and hardware store here in Canada.....

Lol to be fair, if he is able to strip it, $40 is an absolute steal for the jersey

3 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Someone just posted that they found their Grual at a Thrift Store with “Acklands Grainger” on the back, which is a screw and hardware store here in Canada.....

Just now, Phil the Thrill said:

Lol to be fair, if he is able to strip it, $40 is an absolute steal for the jersey

Lol, I just read it. It's even a bigger steal since his mom paid for it, apparently.

10 minutes ago, KB67 said:

You mean customized with that on the back?

14 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

You mean customized with that on the back?

Yeah, it looks like it was some sort of Promo Jersey for a local company from when the Olympics were here in 2010. Definitely a Grail though.....

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Grails plural. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Repeat after me ... you only get one grail.  

And it shouldn’t be a promo jersey made for a sponsor....lol 

9 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Grails plural. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Repeat after me ... you only get one grail.  

What if?

I had two favorite players growing up, one was considered a career minor leaguer and one blossomed into an NHL star

I landed the career minor leaguers first two NHL jerseys and the NHL stars last Flyers gamer (he's the reason I love Philly) and his first AHL jersey.

I consider all 4 my grails.

Guest Dr_Puck
3 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

What if?

I had two favorite players growing up, one was considered a career minor leaguer and one blossomed into an NHL star

I landed the career minor leaguers first two NHL jerseys and the NHL stars last Flyers gamer (he's the reason I love Philly) and his first AHL jersey.

I consider all 4 my grails.

Three too many, my friend. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Three too many, my friend. 

Yup. Jesus didn't buy his cups in sets at Bed Bath & Beyond. 

32 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Didn't anyone see (or read) "The Da Vinci Code"?  The grail isn't a cup, it's a woman's womb.

Now relate that to jerseys!

Dallas already did. 

0514-dallasalt_LRG.jpg