*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

The many faces of mfitz: Jersey connoisseur, bird law expert, aspiring theology scholar. Danm that's talent.  

3 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Of course it's mfitz that has the mooterus jersey ready to go.  I figured there is a "that's what she said" joke in there somewhere...I'm just waiting.

Always keep people guessing. 

980x.jpg

Does anyone else get random messages that question where a repair is on a jersey listed for sale and the person says "nice jersey," in PM, but has no intention to buy?

Edited by NYIJM29

28 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

Does anyone else get random messages that question where a repair is on a jersey listed for sale and the person says "nice jersey," in PM, but has no intention to buy?

In terms of people PMing me just to say nice jersey, happens all the time for me.

So if anyone didn't see my post in the game worn group. Fanatics is selling Counterfeit knockoffs through SportsMemorabilia now.

https://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/aleksander-barkov-autographed-signed-florida-panthers-hockey-jersey-beckett-coa.html

Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Not that fanatics is a trustworthy source for anything, but aren't they technically just selling the signature there? What exactly is authenticated in that form?

Yup, the authentication is only for the signature. They don't care what it's on. Neither do the people who collect autographs but not necessarily jerseys, which I assume is who that is targeted at. 

Joins Facebook GAMEWORN JERSEY groups.

First post: “Thanks for the add. Where do you guys buy gameworn jerseys?”

Edited by thebiggoalie

15 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

My lawd, the prices on that (mainly) Blackhawks for sale list..

I'd be shocked if something sells. That stuff is perfect for an auction house

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

When does this “hobby” actually stop being a hobby, and becomes a sick obsession?

4 hours ago, amonte78 said:

That collector has always had his head in a particular place when it comes to his selling prices. It used to be common thinking he would price high because he never really wanted to sell anything, but wouldn't be crazy to turn it down, either. But over time, people learned that isn't really the case. He really does believe in his prices and it wouldn't shock anyone one bit if he was dead serious about prices being "firm". Got to love him asking for the shipping too, lol.

17 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

That collector has always had his head in a particular place when it comes to his selling prices. It used to be common thinking he would price high because he never really wanted to sell anything, but wouldn't be crazy to turn it down, either. But over time, people learned that isn't really the case. He really does believe in his prices and it wouldn't shock anyone one bit if he was dead serious about prices being "firm". Got to love him asking for the shipping too, lol.

He even has a jersey that I REALLY want, but it is priced about $1K-$1,5 too high and there is no way that I'm paying that. If that guy really believes in his prices, he is way out of touch with the hobby.

So a guy who was central to a post in the bad sellers/buyers group earlier this year is messaging me about buying one of my jerseys.

Buckling myself right now for this ride.

9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So a guy who was central to a post in the bad sellers/buyers group earlier this year is messaging me about buying one of my jerseys.

Oh boy! 

7 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Oh boy! 

He asks me to hold a jersey for a few days because he has his heart set on it.  Jersey is under $200.

I have a feeling I won't be making a sale lol.

18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Almost as bad as the eBay bidder who recently messaged me because he was unable to place a bid on my item because he has too many unpaid item cases, and could I fix the listing so he could bid. 

My auto block kicks in if you have 2 unpaid item cases against you in a month. 

I actually indulged him and said I would let him do a Buy It Now if he paid instantly, which probably would have been a mistake. then he said that wouldn't work either. 

I moved on and sold the item for $30 more to someone else. 

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Almost as bad as the eBay bidder who recently messaged me because he was unable to place a bid on my item because he has too many unpaid item cases, and could I fix the listing so he could bid. 

My auto block kicks in if you have 2 unpaid item cases against you in a month. 

I actually indulged him and said I would let him do a Buy It Now if he paid instantly, which probably would have been a mistake. then he said that wouldn't work either. 

I moved on and sold the item for $30 more to someone else. 

At what point does eBay actually do something about deadbeat buyers/bidders?  Twice in one month is already an issue so will they allow that person to do it more?

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

At what point does eBay actually do something about deadbeat buyers/bidders?  Twice in one month is already an issue so will they allow that person to do it more?

It doesn't seem they will do anything about it. I mean, two unpaid in a months would be a suspension at least. This was a guy with a +123 feedback score, too, not a new user. He should have known better. 

It's a shame how eBay just doesn't care. It's and even bigger shame that they will go after deadbeat sellers much harder than deadbeat buyers. However, this is par for the course with eBay for many years now. Thankfully there are other avenues of selling such as FB these days so the only advantage eBay has anymore is exposure.

29 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It's a shame how eBay just doesn't care. It's and even bigger shame that they will go after deadbeat sellers much harder than deadbeat buyers. However, this is par for the course with eBay for many years now. Thankfully there are other avenues of selling such as FB these days so the only advantage eBay has anymore is exposure.

Unfortunately, it does remain a significant advantage. Not that I use FB, but try selling a jersey for a reasonable price on IJ, and see how long it takes. Then stick that same jersey up on eBay and price it the same (or add 10% for the fee, even) and it'll sell much quicker, usually within 5 or 7 days. 

At least that's been my experience, your game worn jersey experiences may differ.