Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Recommended Posts

Didn't anyone see (or read) "The Da Vinci Code"?  The grail isn't a cup, it's a woman's womb.

Now relate that to jerseys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Didn't anyone see (or read) "The Da Vinci Code"?  The grail isn't a cup, it's a woman's womb.

Now relate that to jerseys!

Dallas already did. 

0514-dallasalt_LRG.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The many faces of mfitz: Jersey connoisseur, bird law expert, aspiring theology scholar. Danm that's talent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it's mfitz that has the mooterus jersey ready to go.  I figured there is a "that's what she said" joke in there somewhere...I'm just waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

The many faces of mfitz: Jersey connoisseur, bird law expert, aspiring theology scholar. Danm that's talent.  

 

3 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Of course it's mfitz that has the mooterus jersey ready to go.  I figured there is a "that's what she said" joke in there somewhere...I'm just waiting.

Always keep people guessing. 

980x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else get random messages that question where a repair is on a jersey listed for sale and the person says "nice jersey," in PM, but has no intention to buy?

Edited by NYIJM29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

Does anyone else get random messages that question where a repair is on a jersey listed for sale and the person says "nice jersey," in PM, but has no intention to buy?

In terms of people PMing me just to say nice jersey, happens all the time for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if anyone didn't see my post in the game worn group. Fanatics is selling Counterfeit knockoffs through SportsMemorabilia now.

https://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/aleksander-barkov-autographed-signed-florida-panthers-hockey-jersey-beckett-coa.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that fanatics is a trustworthy source for anything, but aren't they technically just selling the signature there? What exactly is authenticated in that form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Not that fanatics is a trustworthy source for anything, but aren't they technically just selling the signature there? What exactly is authenticated in that form?

Yup, the authentication is only for the signature. They don't care what it's on. Neither do the people who collect autographs but not necessarily jerseys, which I assume is who that is targeted at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joins Facebook GAMEWORN JERSEY groups.

First post: “Thanks for the add. Where do you guys buy gameworn jerseys?”

Edited by thebiggoalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all vultures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

We're all vultures

Agreed. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lawd, the prices on that (mainly) Blackhawks for sale list..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

My lawd, the prices on that (mainly) Blackhawks for sale list..

I'd be shocked if something sells. That stuff is perfect for an auction house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

My lawd, the prices on that (mainly) Blackhawks for sale list..

When does this “hobby” actually stop being a hobby, and becomes a sick obsession?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, amonte78 said:

My lawd, the prices on that (mainly) Blackhawks for sale list..

That collector has always had his head in a particular place when it comes to his selling prices. It used to be common thinking he would price high because he never really wanted to sell anything, but wouldn't be crazy to turn it down, either. But over time, people learned that isn't really the case. He really does believe in his prices and it wouldn't shock anyone one bit if he was dead serious about prices being "firm". Got to love him asking for the shipping too, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

That collector has always had his head in a particular place when it comes to his selling prices. It used to be common thinking he would price high because he never really wanted to sell anything, but wouldn't be crazy to turn it down, either. But over time, people learned that isn't really the case. He really does believe in his prices and it wouldn't shock anyone one bit if he was dead serious about prices being "firm". Got to love him asking for the shipping too, lol.

He even has a jersey that I REALLY want, but it is priced about $1K-$1,5 too high and there is no way that I'm paying that. If that guy really believes in his prices, he is way out of touch with the hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a guy who was central to a post in the bad sellers/buyers group earlier this year is messaging me about buying one of my jerseys.

Buckling myself right now for this ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So a guy who was central to a post in the bad sellers/buyers group earlier this year is messaging me about buying one of my jerseys.

Buckling myself right now for this ride.

Oh boy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Oh boy! 

He asks me to hold a jersey for a few days because he has his heart set on it.  Jersey is under $200.

I have a feeling I won't be making a sale lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most annoying time of year has begun: jersey countdown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So a guy who was central to a post in the bad sellers/buyers group earlier this year is messaging me about buying one of my jerseys.

Buckling myself right now for this ride.

Almost as bad as the eBay bidder who recently messaged me because he was unable to place a bid on my item because he has too many unpaid item cases, and could I fix the listing so he could bid. 

My auto block kicks in if you have 2 unpaid item cases against you in a month. 

I actually indulged him and said I would let him do a Buy It Now if he paid instantly, which probably would have been a mistake. then he said that wouldn't work either. 

I moved on and sold the item for $30 more to someone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Almost as bad as the eBay bidder who recently messaged me because he was unable to place a bid on my item because he has too many unpaid item cases, and could I fix the listing so he could bid. 

My auto block kicks in if you have 2 unpaid item cases against you in a month. 

I actually indulged him and said I would let him do a Buy It Now if he paid instantly, which probably would have been a mistake. then he said that wouldn't work either. 

I moved on and sold the item for $30 more to someone else. 

At what point does eBay actually do something about deadbeat buyers/bidders?  Twice in one month is already an issue so will they allow that person to do it more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×