*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

I agree with a no politics rule wholeheartedly. I come to a jersey related forum to say “that’s what she said”, not to talk politics. 

Edited by mfitz804

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree with a no politics rule wholeheartedly. I come to a jersey related forum to say “that’s what she said”, not to talk politics. 

That’s what she’s said. 

Wow, maybe I am not quite as savvy about message boards/forums as others, but I've never seen one before that has a sub-forum completely dedicated to posting who the "offenders" are and what they did and their punishment before.  Typically that's done in private in every other forum I've ever been on.  They even have a thread about rules regarding an appeals process. Sheesh.

Thankfully the rest of that board isn't up my alley so I don't have to subject myself to the whims of the mods there.  

Just like FB groups these boards are only as good as the moderation and I like the type that's on here.

Edited by Devilsguy

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Wow, maybe I am not quite as savvy about message boards/forums as others, but I've never seen one before that has a sub-forum completely dedicated to posting who the "offenders" are and what they did and their punishment before.  Typically that's done in private in every other forum I've ever been on.  They even have a thread about rules regarding an appeals process. Sheesh.

Thankfully the rest of that board isn't up my alley so I don't have to subject myself to the whims of the mods there.  

Just like FB groups these boards are only as good as the moderation and I like the type that's on here.

That’s right, rules should be public, enforcement should be private. 

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/118327-update-to-no-politics-rule/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-2943188

The policy has been tweaked.

Posts and topics of a political nature or referring to politics, whether explicitly or implicitly, that are not relevant to the topics of sports or graphic design are expressly prohibited on the CCSLC.

This includes but is not limited to: jokes; links to news stories; concepts depicting current or recent political figures or using partisan political symbols; or any other content the moderating team deems to be of a politically incendiary nature. Such content also may not be used in members' signatures, user titles, avatars or profiles. Posts and topics referring to politics that are relevant to sports of graphic design must not be overly partisan or incendiary.

this is fu**** insane

like a car crash,  hard not to look ,  but you know you must drive away . Dumb Facebook Group

sorry for the thread hijack.... please don't ban me or kill my birds 

Edited by tomtucker

8 for sale posts in the last 15 minutes from the same guy that did the same thing 2-3 weeks ago.  This time it's one jersey per post.

Good grief

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

8 for sale posts in the last 15 minutes from the same guy that did the same thing 2-3 weeks ago.  This time it's one jersey per post.

Good grief

I saw it as well and went straight to this topic :D

Gonna pop some popcorn for what's brewing now in the stick and equipment group

On 12/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, Devilsguy said:

Gonna pop some popcorn for what's brewing now in the stick and equipment group

Didn’t see it, but is it related to the latest GWA?

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Didn’t see it, but is it related to the latest GWA?

I think the thread got nuked but yes it did.

1 hour ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

The thread was started by a group admin, so he either pulled it down or the other admin did it for him. It was basically pointing out a stick he thought was bad and Casey (rightfully) asking why this wasn't disclosed before the auction ended.

Something possibly shady about GWA? Yeah, I still stand by my statement. 

1 minute ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

It's getting to the point that i dread every May and November in the hobby. The same complaints, comments and issues just recycled into a new month and year.

Yup. It’s tiring. 

It still amazes me how many people still complain about the buyers premium.  It's neither new nor insidious.  It's clearly worded in the auction rules they have posted.  Either build it into calculating your bid or just don't bid at all.

FWIW the guy responded to casey saying he didn't realize until a day before it ended.  Still though he should have disclosed that ASAP.

So there is a FB group with over 1K members dedicated to Chinese knockoffs.

That's nice.

50 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

So there is a FB group with over 1K members dedicated to Chinese knockoffs.

That's nice.

I don't suppose its dedicated to not liking them or how to spot them so you don't buy one by accident.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't suppose its dedicated to not liking them or how to spot them so you don't buy one by accident.

Doubtful. It's for people who haven't seen or held an authentic but swear you can't tell the difference.  $28 vs $280, looks like we're the suckers. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You are correct.  Looks like it is actually run by the Chinese counterfeiters themselves and people on there make requests to them.

I kid you not one was "please correct the spelling on this one jersey"

quality operation.