*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

15 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Doubtful. It's for people who haven't seen or held an authentic but swear you can't tell the difference.  $28 vs $280, looks like we're the suckers. 

Or, who don't care. Not everybody is obsessed with jerseys. I hear some people only have one or two!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw, most of the posters in there were fully aware the jerseys are knockoffs.

"Hey I got a jersey collection of over 800 jerseys!  Got them all directly from china unlike you suckers who pay five times as much to get official ones from the same favorites lulz" (yes they do contradict themselves like that)

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

From what I saw, most of the posters in there were fully aware the jerseys are knockoffs.

"Hey I got a jersey collection of over 800 jerseys!  Got them all directly from china unlike you suckers who pay five times as much to get official ones from the same favorites lulz" (yes they do contradict themselves like that)

I'm sure their parents love having a bunch of ugly knockoffs in random closets. 

11 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So there is a FB group with over 1K members dedicated to Chinese knockoffs.

Because those are all the sellers. 

5 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

Can you post the link?

It's called Sharing Jerseys You Like

10 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Because those are all the sellers. 

The admins are the sellers

9 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's like the People of Walmart created a page for terrible football jerseys 

Yeah it's rough.  It's largely football jerseys but there is a smattering of other sports in there too.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Wow, just wow. I am surprised that no genius from a real jersey group has posted pictures of real jerseys in that group. 

Most likely get deleted.  I joined it out of curiosity but nothing really surprising going on.  If I report the group they just create a new one the next day.

Whyyyy are people trying to sell Hawks jerseys for wayyy to much? 2 alternate gamers (all black and WC 2009 design) for 1k each :(

16 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Whyyyy are people trying to sell Hawks jerseys for wayyy to much? 2 alternate gamers (all black and WC 2009 design) for 1k each :(

Because those prices are likely pretty close to what they ran at the start and accounting for the rarity of them.

I told a friend last night that the black 08/09 Edge Campbell, I've only seen 5 of those on the market since 2009 (Not counting the list of them that Hawkquarters had originally).

On the alternate Stallberg, how many of those have popped up, and unlike say, Ben Smith or Brandon Pirri, Stallberg actually played full seasons with the Hawks.

Not saying I'd pay that for them, but I found the prices to be reasonable.

Not sure where to post this but I figured here would be best.

So I was at a Devils player signing at a memorabilia store yesterday when the owner of the store mentioned an upcoming signing in January he will be having.  It's for a player who is signed through Fanatics.  According to the contract, a Fanatics rep will be there with the player and one of the stipulations is that no unlicensed items are allowed to be signed.  That means no homemade artwork and knockoff jerseys.  The owner said while he doubts they will do it, the Fanatics rep does reserve the right to have the player not sign any knockoff jerseys.

First time I have seen a signing where they are taking a stand against signing knockoffs.

Ironically, some of the knockoff jerseys might be an upgrade on the Fanatics ones.

25 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Ironically, some of the knockoff jerseys might be an upgrade on the Fanatics ones.

That may not be wrong lol. 

Guest Dr_Puck
5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So I was at a Devils player signing at a memorabilia store yesterday when the owner of the store mentioned an upcoming signing in January he will be having.  It's for a player who is signed through Fanatics.  According to the contract, a Fanatics rep will be there with the player and one of the stipulations is that no unlicensed items are allowed to be signed.  That means no homemade artwork and knockoff jerseys.  The owner said while he doubts they will do it, the Fanatics rep does reserve the right to have the player not sign any knockoff jerseys.

First time I have seen a signing where they are taking a stand against signing knockoffs.

Clearly they need to enlist a certified IJ Fake Jersey Spotter.  I hope you earn a big commission for this!  

6 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Interesting, but obviously its not being done for the reasons we all would want it to be done. Fanatics is an interested party, they want people to buy their crappy jerseys for more money. 

They are even going so far as you cannot have photos you have taken of him during a game to get signed.  Even the photos have to be licensed.

33 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Clearly they need to enlist a certified IJ Fake Jersey Spotter.  I hope you earn a big commission for this!  

For a "small" fee I would take the job.

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

They are even going so far as you cannot have photos you have taken of him during a game to get signed.  Even the photos have to be licensed.

That I don't like at all.