*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now another guy with a dozen different for sale or trade posts within a day.

2 hours ago, amonte78 said:

$1.495 for a game issued NYR John Scott jersey is absolute insanity.

That’s insane regardless of the player. I never understand that, especially in situations where you can buy a team issued blank, send it to the official customizer, and get the exact same thing. For Edge jerseys, you can accomplish that for some teams for $200 or less. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s insane regardless of the player. I never understand that, especially in situations where you can buy a team issued blank, send it to the official customizer, and get the exact same thing. For Edge jerseys, you can accomplish that for some teams for $200 or less. 

There was a discussion about this in one of the groups on FB a 2-4 weeks ago and I was surprised by how many people stated that they viewed GI's as being worth more than customized authentics.

I know different strokes for different folks but that line of thinking still boggles my mind.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

There was a discussion about this in one of the groups on FB a 2-4 weeks ago and I was surprised by how many people stated that they viewed GI's as being worth more than customized authentics.

I know different strokes for different folks but that line of thinking still boggles my mind.

Anyone who has tried to sell one on the secondary market knows that’s not true. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone who has tried to sell one on the secondary market knows that’s not true. 

Unless it's John Scott's apparently.  Even more amazing is that it's not the first John Scott GI with a price tag almost as high as a gamer.

Milt Byron brought up a good point the other day about calling things “team issued”. He said that back in the day, they would only reserve that nomenclature for jerseys that were in the teams’ possession. Not just ones that are made for teams. He calls those “replica authentic”. 

Got me thinking about it for a bit...

39 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Milt Byron brought up a good point the other day about calling things “team issued”. He said that back in the day, they would only reserve that nomenclature for jerseys that were in the teams’ possession. Not just ones that are made for teams. He calls those “replica authentic”. 

Got me thinking about it for a bit...

“Replica authentic” is a weird term when you have bothe replicas and authentics which are separately defined things. 

I know it sounds weird, but I also think that GIs are worth a bit more than regular authentics when they have a tag and a COA. I really thought about buying a Jagr Devils GI when MeiGray had those in stock, but I couldn't justify buying it for $595 (or $476 during the Summer Sale). 

And if people are willing to pay a stupid prices, I will sell my two John Scott GIs for wayyyy to much and buy a Belfour or Probert gamer :D

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

A COA which confirms the player probably never touched or even saw the jersey?

That's why I started my reply with 'I know it sounds weird..' :P

7 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

That's why I started my reply with 'I know it sounds weird..' :P

Fair enough. :) 

So I posted a jersey I want to trade in the trader thread (I wanted to trade my jersey for a Blackhawks/enforcer/goalie). A member responds (actually twice: in the thread and in a private message) and when I tell him that jersey (an Icehogs jersey, which is not a Blackhawks jersey and the player isn't an enforcer or goalie) is OK for a trade (I actually could use another Icehogs), he asks me if I got anything else to trade and that he doesn't know what the market is for my jersey....

Why don't you tell me right away that you're not trading the jersey you're showing me for my jersey? I'm not responding to that crap.

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

So I posted a jersey I want to trade in the trader thread (I wanted to trade my jersey for a Blackhawks/enforcer/goalie). A member responds (actually twice: in the thread and in a private message) and when I tell him that jersey (an Icehogs jersey, which is not a Blackhawks jersey and the player isn't an enforcer or goalie) is OK for a trade (I actually could use another Icehogs), he asks me if I got anything else to trade and that he doesn't know what the market is for my jersey....

Why don't you tell me right away that you're not trading the jersey you're showing me for my jersey? I'm not responding to that crap.

Reminds me of a post from 2-4 weeks back where someone was asking if anyone had a particular jersey for sale.  In his want ad he specifically posted that he was only interested in jerseys actually for sale and didn't want show and tell time.

I really never fully understood why people do that where someone is looking to buy x jersey and someone replies saying they have it and post a pic only to say it's not for sale.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, mfitz804 said:

*stupid auto reply

“Where is the March trade thread?”

Check the February, January, December, November, October, and September threads first. It’s all the same old crap. 

And for gods sake, can these motherfu@kers post what the hell they want in return instead of just posting pictures of their crap nobody else wants? 

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ehh, what am I being quoted for?

Once you accidentally press the quote button, you instantly involve any old jerk. 

31 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Once you accidentally press the quote button, you instantly involve any old jerk. 

Sure, it’s an accident. #ObsessedWithMe

12 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Breaking out my popcorn for this Emery senators jersey thread. 

That was great.  What's funny is that I was just thinking the other day how it's been boring in there lately.  It even spilled into another thread today lol.

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

That was great.  What's funny is that I was just thinking the other day how it's been boring in there lately.  It even spilled into another thread today lol.

Haha, just saw.  The guy is an asss.  Do your research before buying and don't screw good people over due to your own buyer's remorse.