*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Haha, just saw.  The guy is an asss.  Do your research before buying and don't screw good people over due to your own buyer's remorse.

I don't think it's buyers remorse tbh.  I think he is just an idiot/ignorant and decided to blame the sellers for said ignorance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is "TheJerseyFinder" on twitter?

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

So who is "TheJerseyFinder" on twitter?

I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the hype.

From what I understand, he is some dude on Twitter who takes requests to search for jerseys online. I don't think he has any special insider knowledge or hookups. He just searches for people who don't have the time, knowledge, and/or patience to browse sites on the internet (like eBay, Facebook, Reddit, etc.) and charges them something like a 10-15% finders fee.

I personally don't get it. For me most of the fun is in the search. 

1 hour ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

From what I understand, he is some dude on Twitter who takes requests to search for jerseys online. I don't think he has any special insider knowledge or hookups. He just searches for people who don't have the time, knowledge, and/or patience to browse sites on the internet (like eBay, Facebook, Reddit, etc.) and charges them something like a 10-15% finders fee.

I personally don't get it. For me most of the fun is in the search. 

I happen to agree, although I have offered a finders fee on a vintage CCM big block red and green Devils jersey in size 56 or larger. It hasn't helped. 

Quite a few people on reddit post their findings by TheJerseyFinder, and they’re often just ordinary replicas you could find anywhere, but the posters seem to feel like they’ve found the Holy Grail or something. I’d also guess many of them probably just don’t have the experience or knowledge, or are so worried about buying fakes, that they don’t want to find them on their own.

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I happen to agree, although I have offered a finders fee on a vintage CCM big block red and green Devils jersey in size 56 or larger. It hasn't helped. 

It’s also because you’re a huge jerk. 

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Quite a few people on reddit post their findings by TheJerseyFinder, and they’re often just ordinary replicas you could find anywhere, but the posters seem to feel like they’ve found the Holy Grail or something. I’d also guess many of them probably just don’t have the experience or knowledge, or are so worried about buying fakes, that they don’t want to find them on their own.

I started following that account recently.  Like you said, anybody can find what he's posted by just doing a quick search on ebay.  It's mostly just cheap replicas but sometimes he links to authentic's that are honestly not that good a price.

39 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

It’s also because you’re a huge jerk. 

But...I'd be 10-15% LESS of a jerk...which, admittedly, is still a lot of jerk.

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

TWSS

One of these days, she’s going to say “that’s what she said”, and the fourth wall will be broken. 

9 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

I wish my ‘holy grail’ (as the reddit folks seem to like to say) was a $25 replica also. 

The best is when the Grail Day comes in the form of a Thrift Shop find of some random replica for $25. I love seeing those. I wish my Grails were that cheap.

Thanks as I was wondering whom he is since I see him all over that Reddit and on twitter.  I didn't know if there was more than him finding $50-100 replicas for high school and college kids.

Yeah the hockeyjerseys Reddit is a good source of comedy these days.  It used to have a good mix of gamers, authentics and replicas but now it's just people calling replicas grails.

I dont understand how there are "What are your opinions on autographs on gamers" post weekly, but few posts or comments about people who wear their gamers and wash them.  Personally, I don't care either way regarding autos or if someone wears their gamers, but if you wear your gamer and decide to sell, it should be disclosed. 

Yet another group was recently created on FB but this time in addition to gamers, authentics and replicas, fakes are also allowed.

We have officially reached rock bottom.

Facebook idiot: I see you have XXXXX’s game-worn jersey. How much do you want for it?

Me: Thanks, but it’s not for sale. 

Facebook idiot: But if it were, how much would you want for it?

24 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Facebook idiot: I see you have XXXXX’s game-worn jersey. How much do you want for it?

Proper answer is “a kajillion”. 

24 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Proper answer is “a kajillion”. 

• 1 month later...

If someone asks you for a picture of the LOA there is a 0% chance they are going to buy. Literally happened 5x in the past month. 

13 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

If someone asks you for a picture of the LOA there is a 0% chance they are going to buy. Literally happened 5x in the past month. 

Happened to me twice in the past 3-4 weeks as well.  Both from guys in Europe.

9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Happened to me twice in the past 3-4 weeks as well.  Both from guys in Europe.

2 were overseas, 1 out west, 1 in Canada, and 1  Staten Island.  The Staten Island one isnt surprising.