Sign in to follow this  
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

I only saw it briefly, but it started out with The Dude warning people, not Brilliant. Although, Brilliant’s name and address were in the screenshots, which I thought was odd. Did the seller later come on FB and defend himself or something?? I’m confused.

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I only saw it briefly, but it started out with The Dude warning people, not Brilliant. Although, Brilliant’s name and address were in the screenshots, which I thought was odd. Did the seller later come on FB and defend himself or something?? I’m confused.

I basically defended Mike, got crap from some people but stood by my general impression, and next thing you know the post was gone. It may have been deleted by a moderator for all I know.

15 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Someone posted his private information publicly? That’s gross. There’s no need for stuff like that. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone posted his private information publicly? That’s gross. There’s no need for stuff like that. 

Yes, they did.

i pointed out that was not cool, and they deleted it almost immediately.

About an hour later the entire post was deleted.

Listen I can shoot the sh!t with the best of them, but what’s private, like your personal info and your family (I’ll accept “yo mama” jokes because  they have a long standing comedic history and everyone knows, they aren’t really about anyone’s mama) don’t need to be posted on a public message board or other public forum.

I didn’t read it, but I know Brilliant is a decent guy, so I assume that other a-hole was completely at fault. 

Edited by mfitz804

Pretty sure The Dude (from this forum) was the buyer. He was posting it as a buyer beware and he was also put-off by how the seller responded to him. 

So, you’re saying that Brilliant was the seller? Both of these guys are well-respected in the community and I would assume that they knew each other from interacting on this forum.  

I’m so confused. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Pretty sure The Dude (from this forum) was the buyer. He was posting it as a buyer beware and he was also put-off by how the seller responded to him. 

So, you’re saying that Brilliant was the seller? Both of these guys are well-respected in the community and I would assume that they knew each other from interacting on this forum.  

I’m so confused. 

Nooo, really? Both are upstanding guys, I find the whole thing hard to believe now.

if there’s any lesson to be learned here, nobody should ever buy a Rangers jersey. 

Wait, there is a dude here called The Dude?

this just keeps getting more bizarre.

So he must know Mike from here and he still decides to flame him on Facebook all because Mike calls him the Pope of  Chilltown in a private message?.

Is it the same The Dude? Possible it’s not our The Dude? Anyone know?

i can’t imagine it’s the same guy. He’s super nice and he’s Canadian to boot, so you know he’s extra polite. 

It was definitely our Dude who made the post. Like I said, I saw it when it was first posted, noticed Brilliant’s info in the back-n-forth, but didn’t go back later to read it. I assumed The Dude was having his jerseys delivered to Brilliant, which is why his info was on there. Because I thought they were friendly with each other from interacting on here. Like I said, I’m confused.  

Weird. I can’t see how a transaction between two guys like those guys going sideways like that. 

10 hours ago, lhg39 said:

Mike calls him the Pope of  Chilltown in a private message?.

We all know this is a Simpson's joke right?

38 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

We all know this is a Simpson's joke right?

Well if it came from Brilliant, I think we all knew that.