Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, flyhighguys94 said:

Tom I'm getting the idea that you really really like the facebook groups

Indecisive collector bump. ;)

Guessing that you guys probably hate me right now based on my bumps, even though it had been a long time and I cut everything by at least $25!

But on another note... BUMP! lol

17 hours ago, furiousd said:

Facebook is so ill-suited for this type of activity.  I almost had a stroke this weekend trying to cross-reference the USNTDP jersey post with the rosters on the team site.  The FB tab kept reloading and taking me back to the top, so I could scroll through 30 pics with 40 comments showing for each, all over again.

Yeah it's bad and annoying.  The latest FB app update has it where it lists stuff I commented on first, followed by suggested posts that it guesses I might be interested in (pretty much always never the case), followed by chronological items the rest of the way.  Makes it a bit frustrating to find posts I really want to look at and often have to use the search feature to find them.

Problem is that it is hard to get away from FB as a platform because of how accessible it is.  You can just open the app and go right to the group and there you are.  No logins or having to be on the website.  The only way to move from FB is literally if a solid chunk of the biggest contributors to the groups moved together at once from there to the forums.  Problem is that because of FB the fringe are the ones who are now the biggest contributors, so fat chance of that ever happening.  Only other way to at least relieve some of the issues is a little bit tighter moderation, but I don't think I need to get into that.

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are gameworn.net and gameworn.us pretty dead in comparison?

I'm still on them, but I don't talk on them like I do on here, and I can't remember ever making a sale through either of those forums.

30 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are gameworn.net and gameworn.us pretty dead in comparison?

Yup pretty much.  I only use gameworn.us once in a while to check the auction trackers.

Is anyone else worried that the busiest topic in this entire forum is the one about how annoying another forum is?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Is anyone else worried that the busiest topic in this entire forum is the one about how annoying another forum is?

Thread is more of a sounding board than anything else.  Group is frustrating, but no one wants to say this in the actual group as either 1) No one will care or 2) It will get blown up and you will be ostracized by the rest of the group (thus having to worry about someone not selling you a jersey you really want).

It's complete middle school stuff but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thread is more of a sounding board than anything else.  Group is frustrating, but no one wants to say this in the actual group as either 1) No one will care or 2) It will get blown up and you will be ostracized by the rest of the group (thus having to worry about someone not selling you a jersey you really want).

It's complete middle school stuff but it is what it is.

I'm gonna sign up over there and direct all of them to this thread, then what will happen???

:blink:

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm gonna sign up over there and direct all of them to this thread, then what will happen???

:blink:

People will get pissed haha.  However the more I think about it, the more that the ones who would be pissed are the ones who I don't deal with anyways, so it is not a huge deal.

9 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

People will get pissed haha.  However the more I think about it, the more that the ones who would be pissed are the ones who I don't deal with anyways, so it is not a huge deal.

Its fine, I'm not signing up for Facebook. I've avoided it thus far. :)

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its fine, I'm not signing up for Facebook. I've avoided it thus far. :)

Believe me if you join you will see what we are all talking about and everything will become clear.

Just too much clutter on there from the constant for sale posts of Devils vintage CCM mesh's and 90's CCM ultrafils in size 56's.  Getting tired of them on there quite frankly.

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Believe me if you join you will see what we are all talking about and everything will become clear.

Just too much clutter on there from the constant for sale posts of Devils vintage CCM mesh's and 90's CCM ultrafils in size 56's.  Getting tired of them on there quite frankly.

I'm picturing Scrooge McDuck swimming around in a room full of red and green jerseys. 

By the way, watching the game last night all I could think about every time I saw PA Parenteau was that he has incredible B.O. 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Don't forget the guy who's constantly bumping those airknit 56 Devils.  No one wants them, dude!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm picturing Scrooge McDuck swimming around in a room full of red and green jerseys. 

By the way, watching the game last night all I could think about every time I saw PA Parenteau was that he has incredible B.O. 

5fd3321f5285c487aed479b29d4f1ed5.jpg

After reading here I look at the facebook groups in a whole different way now. Seriously though, the deal of the day s*** has got to end. Nobody wanted it 6 months ago, nobody is gonna want it now. Tired of looking at the same stuff but then when new stuff gets posted for decent prices it gets bumped down into oblivion. I remember listing my Del Zotto gamer for $250 shipped. There were two other ones on there for $350+. I didn't get any offers or "PM's" because it would get bumped down so much. Although I did receive a ton of comments saying "wow great jersey at a great price! Wish I could afford it man."   

16 minutes ago, flyhighguys94 said:

After reading here I look at the facebook groups in a whole different way now. Seriously though, the deal of the day s*** has got to end. Nobody wanted it 6 months ago, nobody is gonna want it now. Tired of looking at the same stuff but then when new stuff gets posted for decent prices it gets bumped down into oblivion. I remember listing my Del Zotto gamer for $250 shipped. There were two other ones on there for $350+. I didn't get any offers or "PM's" because it would get bumped down so much. Although I did receive a ton of comments saying "wow great jersey at a great price! Wish I could afford it man."   

"Like"

50 minutes ago, flyhighguys94 said:

If you can't afford an NHL game worn for $250 shipped, I have to question if you're in the right hobby/in the right forum/on the right Facebook group. You should just be collecting authentics or replicas with the rest of us poor people. 

Edited by mfitz804

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you can't afford an NHL game worn for $250 shipped, I have to question if you're in the right hobby/in the right forum/on the right Facebook group. You should just be collecting authentics or replicas with the rest of us poor people. 

I was going to say the same thing pretty much.

There is the conspiracy theory side of me that thinks this is a way for them to passively say they would buy it but at an even lower price.  You are already selling the jersey for below value, but like I have said many times before that people seem to want to "win" every deal.  I need to take the tinfoil hat off sometimes.