*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I still don't get it, new posts about old questions keep the place moving, which isn't always a bad thing. But I'm not on Facebook so I don't really get most of what you're saying. I could add, you guys complaining about stupid things on Facebook has gotten a little tedious, so I imagine the actually experience of it is even worse. 

You are correct there, but it tends to be the same people (or at least seem/appear like it is).  That's the tedious part.

Plus again the fact is FB is a terrible medium for this sort of hobby so every time someone comments on these post it gets kicked to the top and scrolling through there is 1000x worse than scrolling through a message board.  The good posts then gets lost in the shuffle so it just starts to frustrate the hell out of you eventually.

You really should join FB just to join a few of these groups.  Give it 2-4 weeks and you will see what we mean.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Facebook displays posts is maddening. There does not seem to be any specific order most of the time. The other problem is that you cannot search is using the iOS app. That is very frustrating.

9 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

The way Facebook displays posts is maddening. There does not seem to be any specific order most of the time. The other problem is that you cannot search is using the iOS app. That is very frustrating.

I use FB via the iOS app and I can search.

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

You are correct there, but it tends to be the same people (or at least seem/appear like it is).  That's the tedious part.

Plus again the fact is FB is a terrible medium for this sort of hobby so every time someone comments on these post it gets kicked to the top and scrolling through there is 1000x worse than scrolling through a message board.  The good posts then gets lost in the shuffle so it just starts to frustrate the hell out of you eventually.

You really should join FB just to join a few of these groups.  Give it 2-4 weeks and you will see what we mean.

Oh, I acknowledged that it was the same people over and over again that is ridiculously annoying. No question about that. 

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I use FB via the iOS app and I can search.

How? There is not search box for searching within a group. There is only the Facebook wide search box.

3 hours ago, lhg39 said:

I can search in the app as well. 

28 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

I can search in the app as well. 

Tell me where the search box is please if you are able to do it. 

I do not see one on the iPad or iPhone.

14 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Tell me where the search box is please if you are able to do it. 

I do not see one on the iPad or iPhone.

Both of these locations will allow you to search the group. 

9Pg4izO.jpg

Somehow I have a different interface and do not have either of those options on my iPad app

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/LHG39/IMG_4588_zpsu9e94zcd.png

URL]

and for some reason I don't seem to be able to insert a proper link for an image!

Edited by lhg39

Copy the Photobucket "direct link" to your image, then click on the "insert other media" button in the message area, then select "insert image from URL," then paste the link in there.  Ever since this site was redesigned, things just haven't worked the same.  

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Copy the Photobucket "direct link" to your image, then click on the "insert other media" button in the message area, then select "insert image from URL," then paste the link in there.  Ever since this site was redesigned, things just haven't worked the same.  

Does t seem to work from the iPad either!

Weird, I can actually post your photo here from my phone.

Now that is/was an epic for sale post in the Game Worn group from Tim.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Wonder what he's trying to buy.

Has to be something good if he has over $40K in NHL jerseys up for sale.  That's not even counting the minors/juniors/college stuff he has up.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Wonder what he's trying to buy.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Has to be something good if he has over $40K in NHL jerseys up for sale.  That's not even counting the minors/juniors/college stuff he has up.

From the sounds of it, the answer could be "a new identity". 

34 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

From the sounds of it, the answer could be "a new identity". 

That's probably what it could be in the case of Tim or should I say "Ramón"

Edited by Devilsguy

If I were the self-proclaimed "foremost authority of gameworn penguins jerseys", I'd make sure I carved out plenty of spare time to be an internet troll in desperate need of attention on Facebook as well. 

19 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

If I were the self-proclaimed "foremost authority of gameworn penguins jerseys", I'd make sure I carved out plenty of spare time to be an internet troll in desperate need of attention on Facebook as well. 

Yeah, he is exceptionally annoying. Makes me dislike Crosby even more, as if that were possible!

At this point I would rather see those posts than the constant grail and for sale bumps I see on a daily basis.  At least this is entertaining lol.

48 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Does anyone have Vesey goal pucks they would trade? I have great goal pucks and game worn jerseys in return!

You don't, do ya

"Puck" in German means "grail".