Jump to content
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Recommended Posts

Guest Dr_Puck
Just now, thebiggoalie said:

Random Jake Marty comment because he wants everything but never buys... complete with stupid emoji. 

Dishwasher for sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

Dishwasher for sale. 

“Oh nice  ??????”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr_Puck
1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

“Oh nice  ??????”

There's nothing wrong with a fake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever outbid me in an auction is a d!ck and a backstabber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Whoever outbid me in an auction is a d!ck and a backstabber.

Obviously. Everyone should have backed off once you bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical Team X FB Fan group (non-jersey specific) interaction:

1) Guy makes statement about current jerseys that is inaccurate/incorrect

2) I reply with the correct information

3) Guy responds aggressively and blocks me

4) I start to wonder why I even bother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least two dozen times per week: “Looking for Pavel Bure jerseys.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 2:49 PM, Devilsguy said:

Whoever outbid me in an auction is a d!ck and a backstabber.

Lmao I was the d!ck. I thought I handled being called a d!ck properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone tries to flip a Tyler Howe (aka Tyler Who?) Yotes jersey that was sold yesterday on ebay for $57. Now available for $300, even though jersey hasn't even arrived, so buyer just uses the picture of the seller (Detroit Hockey Co) :D

Edited by amonte78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Someone tries to flip a Tyler Howe (aka Tyler Who?) Yotes jersey that was sold yesterday on ebay for $57. Now available for $300, even though jersey hasn't even arrived, so buyer just uses the picture of the seller (Detroit Hockey Co) :D

Maybe she got him confused with Gordie Howe?^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a lot of Howes. He must be related. 

Either that or that FB poster's parents are. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and my favorite part of her $300 listing: "Super Rare"

Well no $h!t it is rare, he never played an NHL game (it is a training camp/PS jersey) and no one cares to even own it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I had to take a PTO day just to read that thread between Derek and Eric

Which group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok now I see it.  600+ comments.  Yeah I need to grab a coffee and about an hour's worth of my time now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Devilsguy said:

Ok now I see it.  600+ comments.  Yeah I need to grab a coffee and about an hour's worth of my time now.

Yeah it's nuts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone that does not have Facebook, and I do not want Facebook, does anyone have luck finding jerseys on there, or is it just entertainment of watching idiots fight and make fools of themselves.  I'm just wondering, because other than eBay and here, what other sources are there at finding hard to find jerseys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

As someone that does not have Facebook, and I do not want Facebook, does anyone have luck finding jerseys on there, or is it just entertainment of watching idiots fight and make fools of themselves.  I'm just wondering, because other than eBay and here, what other sources are there at finding hard to find jerseys?

I have both bought and sold in those groups.  I have had better success than eBay over the past couple of years too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have both bought and sold in those groups.  I have had better success than eBay over the past couple of years too.

Same here, I try to avoid ebay as much as possible. The bunch of idiots are actually 4-5 regulars, joined by the occasional dumba55.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 9:32 AM, Devilsguy said:

Typical Team X FB Fan group (non-jersey specific) interaction:

1) Guy makes statement about current jerseys that is inaccurate/incorrect

2) I reply with the correct information

3) Guy responds aggressively and blocks me

4) I start to wonder why I even bother

OT... @Devilsguy (or friends of friends) -- do you happen to need/want a parking pass for the 2/8 game vs the Flames?

I've got a VIP pass that I don't need. Says $30 on it, 15 Lafayette, Levels 3-4.

$free

(You seem like a knowledgeable, helpful person.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

OT... @Devilsguy (or friends of friends) -- do you happen to need/want a parking pass for the 2/8 game vs the Flames?

I've got a VIP pass that I don't need. Says $30 on it, 15 Lafayette, Levels 3-4.

$free

(You seem like a knowledgeable, helpful person.)

Thanks for the offer!  Unfortunately I already have a pass ready to go for Thursday's game.  Thanks again for thinking of me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr_Puck

An actual question and not the usual complaint about the inanity of these groups. Does a sales post in a jersey group automatically appear in marketplace? I can see my own posts from groups on marketplace (even though I make sure I indicate that I don't want to list there). I can even see a rough map of my location with the posts. I just hope that I am the only one who can see those in marketplace because I don't want my neighbors knowing what I'm up to with jersey selling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...