*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

I get very annoyed by that. The initial negotiation down from $250 to $215, that's fine, it makes sense. But the odds of that guy's wife killing him over $15 were probably pretty low. Depends on the wife, I suppose. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Hmm, I wonder why a career AHLer's (who last played in the DEL a few years ago) NHL gamer isn't selling. I mean, s***, if he dropped the price I might snap it up just to put the guy out of his misery, but that jersey is not worth $250.

You'd be surprised then at the selling power of AHL/NHL jerseys of players who are currently in the DEL.

Best thread I've read in a long time...better late than never :P

On 2016-12-26 at 4:12 PM, NYIJM29 said:

And my favorite people on FB are the ones that comment "Oh Im interested in this jersey" on four different jerseys in 2 minutes, then contact you, and then tell you that (a) they can't afford it, (b) make initial contact and stop responding, (c) ask to hold it for 3 weeks without putting money down.

As  I'm sure some of you may have noticed, I only recently started posting a few jerseys in FB groups, and sure enough -

Guy1: "Hey, would you trade?"

Me: "Yes, but specifically looking for '94-04, preferably patched...what have you got?"

Guy1: "Well, I've got a 2013 Preds Kevin Henderson or a 2015 Wild Jonathan Blum - would you trade for those?"

Me: "..."

Guy2: "Hey, would you trade a Heatley for that Savard? If not, let's talk about a cash sell!"

Me: "What Heatley?"

Guy2: "Wild 3rd, '11-14"

Me: "I'm looking for '94-04 specifically, sorry."

Guy2: "How much American dollars are you asking?"

Me: "Uh, I believe $550 is what I posted, no?"

Guy2: "I think so but there were two actually. Wasn't sure which was which"

Me: "Did I somehow post different prices? Or are you referring to another similar jersey? I'm confused 1f641.png"

Guy2: "No your good haha 550? Will you do obo and payments. I would really like to have it"

Me: "I'm sure we can work something out, but I have $500 into it and depending where you live, shipping will run me approx. $30, so not much wiggle room on price, but payments are fine - what do you suggest?"

Guy2: "450.00? And I would want to do like 3 payments! Not to many"

Me: "$500, I'm not losing on the jersey...3 payments? And when would I expect them exactly?"

Guy2 MIA since Sunday.

On 2016-12-26 at 5:49 PM, thebiggoalie said:

We know you're not on Facebook for other reasons:

gayvampire1-vi.jpg

I approve this message.

About time a Mod showed up to bring some sense to our internet!

Still looking for a size 48 jersey...with a fight strap...for the third time this week...bump. 

32 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

Is 'Not game worn hockey jersey collectors' the one you guys follow for authentics?

Yes, unfortunately. 

That guy who endlessly is bumping up his jerseys is also too kind to give us an update when a jersey is SOLD or when PAYMENT IS PENDING for a jersey aka SOLD-bump of PAYMENT-PENDING-bump.

I am shocked at how many collectors are defending the fakes in the game worn group in that thread with the recent TSN article.

These groups are the perfect example of what happens when the fringe overtakes the group and the mods don't intervene.  I know they are trying to do a laissez fairer approach to this in response to the tight fisted moderation of the old GW boards, but they out to step in a little and have clear guidelines when it comes to posting and enforce them.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I am shocked at how many collectors are defending the fakes in the game worn group in that thread with the recent TSN article.

These groups are the perfect example of what happens when the fringe overtakes the group and the mods don't intervene.  I know they are trying to do a laissez fairer approach to this in response to the tight fisted moderation of the old GW boards, but they out to step in a little and have clear guidelines when it comes to posting and enforce them.

Typical elitist attitude.

(Am I doing it right?)

On 12/31/2016 at 7:17 AM, thebiggoalie said:

Still looking for a size 48 jersey...with a fight strap...for the third time this week...bump. 

You think thats bad, try collecting one of those teams! I got like 3 messages asking if I had one for sale or knew where I could get one.

2 hours ago, cjerina said:

You think thats bad, try collecting one of those teams! I got like 3 messages asking if I had one for sale or knew where I could get one.

Every time I list ANYTHING (team, league, size, whatever) on eBay, he messages me over and over again with what he's looking for. Usually, a CCM ultrafil size 48 Jets jersey (mind you there's been several on eBay over the past year, but he doesn't want to pay that much).

8 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Every time I list ANYTHING (team, league, size, whatever) on eBay, he messages me over and over again with what he's looking for. Usually, a CCM ultrafil size 48 Jets jersey (mind you there's been several on eBay over the past year, but he doesn't want to pay that much).

This has also been a major thorn for me.  He's another buyer who either has unrealistic views of market value or perhaps saw or got a deal himself once and expects it as the norm going forward.

I've lost count on the number of times I hear back "but I once paid x amount for this jerseys x time ago and I won't pay a dime more" from buyers when I go through price negotiations.

I just listed a bunch of size 56 practice jerseys, pretty obvious that's my size. Still got a message "do you have any size 52 or goalie cut?". 

42 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I've lost count on the number of times I hear back "but I once paid x amount for this jerseys x time ago and I won't pay a dime more" from buyers when I go through price negotiations.

I'll admit I do that on some jerseys, but I believe that my offers are fair and I'm also willing to wait 5 months for your shirt to not sell above my offer price.

Any negotiation that starts with the buyer saying "I'm not going to pay a dime more" is bound to be unsuccessful. 

I know this is a gameworn JERSEY only page, but I have about 3000 sticks for you to look at and purchase anyway. Here is my list of each player to clog up your entire news feed for the week. 

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I love the "Looking for xy, let me see what you got" posts.

Then 25 people making an afford posting stuff and at least 5 jerseys perfectly match the criteria, and at the end this person ends it with a very nice "Sorry, not what I'm looking for!".

Love it!!!

5 hours ago, Pens4ever said:

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I love the "Looking for xy, let me see what you got" posts.

Then 25 people making an afford posting stuff and at least 5 jerseys perfectly match the criteria, and at the end this person ends it with a very nice "Sorry, not what I'm looking for!".

Love it!!!

I really do believe that this is a form of information phishing where they want to see who has what to keep in mind for the future.

it could also be some people are beyond particular which I have also seen.  I know it's a common thing in most hobbies, but the nature of game worns pretty much means you have to sometimes be a bit forgiving.

31 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Eh.  At least there's a story with that one.

I agree with that part of it. My issue is how he will drag it out like a shallow cut so it sits at the top of the feed for the next two weeks. 

11 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I agree with that part of it. My issue is how he will drag it out like a shallow cut so it sits at the top of the feed for the next two weeks. 

Good thing I blocked him a while ago.

Edited by amonte78

"Not looking to sell just wanted to show off"

"Trade?"

37 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

"Not looking to sell just wanted to show off"

"Trade?"

"I've got 3000 sticks available if you're interested."

-not interested in sticks on a gameworn jersey page.