*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Sounds like these guys married the wrong people.

It’s now legal in many states for them to marry each other, they should consider that. No wife to control your purchases, and you instantly double your collective collection. 

Guest Dr_Puck

This topic both amuses me and makes me cringe. If you're digging yourself into catastrophic debt (like you need to sell off a car or get a second job), your wife (or partner) should understand the addiction and help you work it out. If it's a couple of extra jerseys every few months,  your wife (or partner) shouldn't give two poops.

I've railed against people who don't post prices in their sale posts before, but now I'm starting to see the advantage.

In jereey collecting groups I still will post prices, but when I'm selling jerseys in Devils fan groups I've noticed lately that when I post a jersey that's for over $200 it's best not to post the price but instead tell people to PM me for price.  So far it's worked and not only has it helped me sell a few things lately but it's also saved me from a lot of grief.  I no longer get bozo's who like to comment on my listing with the same stupid "lulz you asking too much!" crap and other nonsense.

Let’s prepare ourselves for Casey’s massive butt-hurt tantrum after Pittsburgh’s elimination tonight. 

8 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Let’s prepare ourselves for Casey’s massive butt-hurt tantrum after Pittsburgh’s elimination tonight. 

Looks like it happened / is happening.

I find it hilarious that another entire group was created for the sole reason to keep Casey out.  It literally is the "No Casey Allowed" group.  There is also another announcement today about what they are going to do about his posts in that group.

Someome really needs to photoshop 1) The Simpsons frame of the No Homers Club treehouse club to that of Casey and 2) Take the Captain America Civil War poster and make it about the two separate groups.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Looks like it happened / is happening.

I find it hilarious that another entire group was created for the sole reason to keep Casey out.  It literally is the "No Casey Allowed" group.  There is also another announcement today about what they are going to do about his posts in that group.

Someome really needs to photoshop 1) The Simpsons frame of the No Homers Club treehouse club to that of Casey and 2) Take the Captain America Civil War poster and make it about the two separate groups.

Links, can't find it in todays clutter

25 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Links, can't find it in todays clutter

I am on my phone through this website these days so linking is tough for me.  I see it mostly on the caps game worn group and gameworn.us game worn group.

One guy said he bets Casey beat his fiancé and kicked his dog after the Pens loss last night.

All those multiparagraph blabla drama. Just sell/trade/buy/show and shut the hell up. 

Speaking of Derek, anyone remembers his post about a Red Wings Equipment sale, which ended in disaster, because other people bought Glendening jerseys that were more or less entitled to him, according to him? :D

2 hours ago, amonte78 said:

All those multiparagraph blabla drama. Just sell/trade/buy/show and shut the hell up. 

Speaking of Derek, anyone remembers his post about a Red Wings Equipment sale, which ended in disaster, because other people bought Glendening jerseys that were more or less entitled to him, according to him? :D

Yeah I tore into him pretty badly about that.  I later privately apologized to him about a year later because some of the stuff I said was over the top though.

BTW does anyone here listen to his bi-weekly show?

Anyone have trouble searching posts in any groups via the FB app for iPhone? Since an update 3 or so months ago I cannot search for any thread I really want. When I finally do, I cannot actually go to the thread. I have to use the mobile version of FB through Safari. Anyone else experiencing this?

Haha I really don't mind his posts much anymore because compared to a lot of others it is largely harmless. I very rarely participate in his "show me your" posts (I fully expect an mfitz joke about this). I also find it funny that my for sale post from this morning started a minor blue/gold dress discussion lol. I tried to explain it as best as I could.

20 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha I really don't mind his posts much anymore because compared to a lot of others it is largely harmless. I very rarely participate in his "show me your" posts (I fully expect an mfitz joke about this). I also find it funny that my for sale post from this morning started a minor blue/gold dress discussion lol. I tried to explain it as best as I could.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's what she said. 

You boys don't even need me anymore...

EDIT: Also what she said...

Edited by mfitz804

To whomever posts links to Icejerseys on Facebook, kindly show yourself the door. 

That Panthers practice jersey in short: I have a blank red Panthers practice jersey.......Hey, Jagr wore a blank red Panthers practice jersey on TV. Not photomatched, no COA. But could be worn by Jagr!!!

$400! :D

Oh cool! Somebody posted the price list for the Vegas SC Final jerseys...for the “Jake Martyeth time”!

28 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

This thread is now 67 pages long. That's a lot of venting! 

That's what FB does to people lol.