*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the post to some extent.  When someone posts a jersey for sale, and someone doesn't like your price,  says "I can get the jersey cheaper elsewhere," it makes me not want to respond. Go get it somewhere else. 

27 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I agree with the post to some extent.  When someone posts a jersey for sale, and someone doesn't like your price,  says "I can get the jersey cheaper elsewhere," it makes me not want to respond. Go get it somewhere else. 

I suppose it all depends on how you say it. I'd respond better to a polite "this guy's jerseys usually sell for X, so that's my offer" than some jerky "I could go elsewhere." Sure, bud. See ya later.

Auctions can be funny sometimes too. We have all seen stuff in auctions that go for way more or way less than what most think it should go for.

Me when someone refers to the captain's C or alternate captains A as a "patch"

qjj7i.jpg

7 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

"Making a for sale post in a few. Please be patient"

Why not just post when your list is ready???

I want to drag these people into the streets and make examples of them. 

lol those posts before or without disclosing what the item is always reminds me of this: NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8IvSW3RVDw

Edited by Devilsguy

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol those posts before or without disclosing what the item is always reminds me of this: NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8IvSW3RVDw

Hit it on the head. 

It’s TWO items!

Four days of negotiating with someone. Finally strike a deal. Then, the inevitable, “I will send a money order”.

PayPal should be a requirement for this hobby. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Four days of negotiating with someone. Finally strike a deal. Then, the inevitable, “I will send a money order”.

Money order?? Are you using Facebook in 1998?

I think I know who you are talking about....if it is the same person I am thinking of, he is one of the few people I blocked. I am sure he is very nice if I got to know him. 

Edited by NYIJM29

16 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I think I know who you are talking about....if it is the same person I am thinking of, he is one of the few people I blocked. I am sure he is very nice if I got to know him. 

Canadian dude named Carl. I’m sure he’s nice, he’s Canadian. But he wants to pay my like its 1988...also because he’s Canadian...buddy...

34 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Canadian dude named Carl. I’m sure he’s nice, he’s Canadian. But he wants to pay my like its 1988...also because he’s Canadian...buddy...

Haha not the same person.  Just make sure it is USPS MO and not Canada Post MO...we dont accept their monopoly money here! 

Guest Dr_Puck
4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Only had one money order transaction. I sent a large amount via two grocery stores to a player on the other side of the country with absolutely no assurance he'd send me the jersey. Turns out, the player sent me an extra jersey for my effort. 

But that has no bearing on a Facebook sale. Whatever you're selling, TBG, discount it 50 percent and I'll buy it via PayPal. 

2 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Haha not the same person.  Just make sure it is USPS MO and not Canada Post MO...we dont accept their monopoly money here! 

Do you accept Loonie’s and Twoonies?

Edited by KB67

Outdoor banner for sale.

Only $9,000,000.00.

Ohhhhh mmyyyyy goddd... I'm totally triggered reading this exchange:

OP: "Any Hartman, Labrie, Pokka, Dowell, Darling, or Leighton for sale? Thanks in advance"

Dbag: "I have 4 of the 6, not for sale though."

... AHHHHH!!!!!!

Edited by Gewargis

5 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Ohhhhh mmyyyyy goddd... I'm totally triggered reading this exchange:

OP: "Any Hartman, Labrie, Pokka, Dowell, Darling, or Leighton for sale? Thanks in advance"

Dbag: "I have 4 of the 6, not for sale though."

... AHHHHH!!!!!!

I will admit, if you collect a particular player, it helps to know where they are, even if they’re not available. There’s no sense in searching on a wild goose chase (still don’t know where that term comes from) for a jersey that you already know the location of. 

(Then you wait for that collector to get divorced and the jersey is yours.) ?

I will admit, if you collect a particular player, it helps to know where they are, even if they’re not available. There’s no sense in searching on a wild goose chase (still don’t know where that term comes from) for a jersey that you already know the location of. 

(Then you wait for that collector to get divorced and the jersey is yours.) ?

I agree.  Also, this is pretty morbid, but I write down the names of people who ask me to "let me know when you decide to move this jersey" on my spreadsheet so that if I unexpectedly die, who ever is administering my estate can make the sale.  EDIT: less morbid, or in case I want the sale, I can remember who asked, and can reach out to make a sale

Edited by NYIJM29

1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

I agree.  Also, this is pretty morbid, but I write down the names of people who ask me to "let me know when you decide to move this jersey" on my spreadsheet so that if I unexpectedly die, who ever is administering my estate can make the sale.  EDIT: less morbid, or in case I want the sale, I can remember who asked, and can reach out to make a sale

I do this too, and apparently, a lot of collectors are looking forward to my demise. 

I do this too, and apparently, a lot of collectors are looking forward to my demise. 

I am way behind in my Estate planning.