Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Recommended Posts

I agree with the post to some extent.  When someone posts a jersey for sale, and someone doesn't like your price,  says "I can get the jersey cheaper elsewhere," it makes me not want to respond. Go get it somewhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I agree with the post to some extent.  When someone posts a jersey for sale, and someone doesn't like your price,  says "I can get the jersey cheaper elsewhere," it makes me not want to respond. Go get it somewhere else. 

I suppose it all depends on how you say it. I'd respond better to a polite "this guy's jerseys usually sell for X, so that's my offer" than some jerky "I could go elsewhere." Sure, bud. See ya later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auctions can be funny sometimes too. We have all seen stuff in auctions that go for way more or way less than what most think it should go for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me when someone refers to the captain's C or alternate captains A as a "patch"

qjj7i.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Making a for sale post in a few. Please be patient"

 

Why not just post when your list is ready???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

"Making a for sale post in a few. Please be patient"

 

Why not just post when your list is ready???

I want to drag these people into the streets and make examples of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*uploads 1 pic*

"PM me for more pics if you're interested"

Or

"I'll post more when I have time"

Edited by Gewargis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol those posts before or without disclosing what the item is always reminds me of this: NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8IvSW3RVDw

Edited by Devilsguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol those posts before or without disclosing what the item is always reminds me of this: NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8IvSW3RVDw

Hit it on the head. 

It’s TWO items!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four days of negotiating with someone. Finally strike a deal. Then, the inevitable, “I will send a money order”.

PayPal should be a requirement for this hobby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Four days of negotiating with someone. Finally strike a deal. Then, the inevitable, “I will send a money order”.

PayPal should be a requirement for this hobby. 

Money order?? Are you using Facebook in 1998?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Four days of negotiating with someone. Finally strike a deal. Then, the inevitable, “I will send a money order”.

PayPal should be a requirement for this hobby. 

I think I know who you are talking about....if it is the same person I am thinking of, he is one of the few people I blocked. I am sure he is very nice if I got to know him. 

Edited by NYIJM29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I think I know who you are talking about....if it is the same person I am thinking of, he is one of the few people I blocked. I am sure he is very nice if I got to know him. 

Canadian dude named Carl. I’m sure he’s nice, he’s Canadian. But he wants to pay my like its 1988...also because he’s Canadian...buddy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Canadian dude named Carl. I’m sure he’s nice, he’s Canadian. But he wants to pay my like its 1988...also because he’s Canadian...buddy...

Haha not the same person.  Just make sure it is USPS MO and not Canada Post MO...we dont accept their monopoly money here! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr_Puck
4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Four days of negotiating with someone. Finally strike a deal. Then, the inevitable, “I will send a money order”.

PayPal should be a requirement for this hobby. 

Only had one money order transaction. I sent a large amount via two grocery stores to a player on the other side of the country with absolutely no assurance he'd send me the jersey. Turns out, the player sent me an extra jersey for my effort. 

But that has no bearing on a Facebook sale. Whatever you're selling, TBG, discount it 50 percent and I'll buy it via PayPal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Haha not the same person.  Just make sure it is USPS MO and not Canada Post MO...we dont accept their monopoly money here! 

 

 

Do you accept Loonie’s and Twoonies?

Edited by KB67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outdoor banner for sale.

Only $9,000,000.00.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Outdoor banner for sale.

Only $9,000,000.00.

Added to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhhhh mmyyyyy goddd... I'm totally triggered reading this exchange:

OP: "Any Hartman, Labrie, Pokka, Dowell, Darling, or Leighton for sale? Thanks in advance"

Dbag: "I have 4 of the 6, not for sale though."

... AHHHHH!!!!!!

Edited by Gewargis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Ohhhhh mmyyyyy goddd... I'm totally triggered reading this exchange:

OP: "Any Hartman, Labrie, Pokka, Dowell, Darling, or Leighton for sale? Thanks in advance"

Dbag: "I have 4 of the 6, not for sale though."

... AHHHHH!!!!!!

I will admit, if you collect a particular player, it helps to know where they are, even if they’re not available. There’s no sense in searching on a wild goose chase (still don’t know where that term comes from) for a jersey that you already know the location of. 

(Then you wait for that collector to get divorced and the jersey is yours.) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

I will admit, if you collect a particular player, it helps to know where they are, even if they’re not available. There’s no sense in searching on a wild goose chase (still don’t know where that term comes from) for a jersey that you already know the location of. 

(Then you wait for that collector to get divorced and the jersey is yours.) ?

I agree.  Also, this is pretty morbid, but I write down the names of people who ask me to "let me know when you decide to move this jersey" on my spreadsheet so that if I unexpectedly die, who ever is administering my estate can make the sale.  EDIT: less morbid, or in case I want the sale, I can remember who asked, and can reach out to make a sale

Edited by NYIJM29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

I agree.  Also, this is pretty morbid, but I write down the names of people who ask me to "let me know when you decide to move this jersey" on my spreadsheet so that if I unexpectedly die, who ever is administering my estate can make the sale.  EDIT: less morbid, or in case I want the sale, I can remember who asked, and can reach out to make a sale

I do this too, and apparently, a lot of collectors are looking forward to my demise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

I do this too, and apparently, a lot of collectors are looking forward to my demise. 

I am way behind in my Estate planning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...