*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, the recent "Team Issued" vs "Game Worn" vs "Game Issued" vs "Authentic" thread on there was absolutely ridiculous.  So much misinformation being thrown out there.

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

God, the recent "Team Issued" vs "Game Worn" vs "Game Issued" vs "Authentic" thread on there was absolutely ridiculous.  So much misinformation being thrown out there.

I wish "Game Issued" moniker would go away.  It confuses the hell out of newer collectors who think it means Game Worn as it is issued to the player.  I think a better word would be "Prepared for Use."

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I wish "Game Issued" moniker would go away.  It confuses the hell out of newer collectors who think it means Game Worn as it is issued to the player.  I think a better word would be "Prepared for Use."

Then you'd have to abbreviate it as a "P.U." Jersey, which would confuse it with unwashed, salty gamers. 

:)

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Then you'd have to abbreviate it as a "P.U." Jersey, which would confuse it with unwashed, salty gamers. 

:)

PFU:)

But PU would be more fun to say of course

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

My God... I was sitting there baffled at the nonsense being spewed as absolute fact out there. Just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

My God... I was sitting there baffled at the nonsense being spewed as absolute fact out there. Just ridiculous.

Which group was this in?  Sounds familiar but can't find it.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Man, you guys are brutal...

You should join the groups and see for yourself lol.

If these things just happened once in a while, I don't think any of us would really have major issues with it at all.  However, a lot of what we have put in here are examples and instances that seem to keep repeating over and over again.  Eventually it just drives you nuts but you can never seem to leave completely as you are always worried if a jersey you wants happens to pop up on there.

I don't want the masses from there flocking to this forum, but it's going to be hysterical when they start trickling in more and realize this thread is all about them. 

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

You should join the groups and see for yourself lol.

If these things just happened once in a while, I don't think any of us would really have major issues with it at all.  However, a lot of what we have put in here are examples and instances that seem to keep repeating over and over again.  Eventually it just drives you nuts but you can never seem to leave completely as you are always worried if a jersey you wants happens to pop up on there.

I'd have to sign up for Facebook first, which I am opposed to. I rely on a few of our kind board members to hook me up with sellers who have stuff they know I want and I deal with it that way. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

This comment sums up the entire thread. As bothersome as some behavior is, I still do get access to quality (collection-relevant) jerseys.

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - Hotel California by the Eagles

Perfect description of this hobby.

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - Hotel California by the Eagles

Tried it a while ago (unscrubscribed from those fb groups, unfriended a few fellow collectors), failed miserably ;)

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

6 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Tried it a while ago (unscrubscribed from those fb groups, unfriended a few fellow collectors), failed miserably ;)

Turned my Facebook and Twitter off in November. Just turned my Twitter back on a few days ago, not sure it's staying that way. Facebook has stayed off aside from an hour here or there to turn on, get in touch with someone, and turn it back off. Really don't miss it, or those groups.

6 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Turned my Facebook and Twitter off in November. 

Already turned off Twitter last year, don't miss it one bit...One of the reasons I'm still on FB are actually those jersey groups :D

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

Already turned off Twitter last year, don't miss it one bit...One of the reasons I'm still on FB are actually those jersey groups :D

I found that without both, I'm completely disconnected from news and sports updates. I thought Twitter was the more useful platform and lesser of two evils, though I still don't enjoy it and haven't put it back on my phone yet, just on my computer.

7 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I found that without both, I'm completely disconnected from news and sports updates. I thought Twitter was the more useful platform and lesser of two evils, though I still don't enjoy it and haven't put it back on my phone yet, just on my computer.

I bet you miss seeing those same 30-50 jerseys over and over again every day of your life.  Must kill you to not know how amazing they are and you might miss out when they are reduced in price by $5 for a few days only.  Your hands must be shaking.

38 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I bet you miss seeing those same 30-50 jerseys over and over again every day of your life.  Must kill you to not know how amazing they are and you might miss out when they are reduced in price by $5 for a few days only.  Your hands must be shaking.

I also miss seeing status updates from people I haven't spoken to since high school because I unfollowed all of my actual friends on my news feed because as much as I love them I also hate them and they drive me insane.

I posted the TSN article about the NHL winning a judgement to shut down a lot of the websites selling knockoffs in one of the Devils fan groups (not jersey specific).  I also mentioned how I think knockoffs just look lousy in general.  Response I got?  "Why are you being so petty?  It is just jerseys."

Flash forward to yesterday and today and 2 separate threads were started by two individuals in the same group and they were getting all bent out of shape because Dunkin Donuts is selling NY Rangers themed donuts in the NY Metro area including NJ.  That's right, when I talk about knockoffs I get told to STFU, mind my own business and to stop being petty.  However they are getting bent out of shape over the color of donut icing.  That's our fanbase in a nutshell.

Also

"Mail Day!"

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I posted the TSN article about the NHL winning a judgement to shut down a lot of the websites selling knockoffs in one of the Devils fan groups (not jersey specific).  I also mentioned how I think knockoffs just look lousy in general.  Response I got?  "Why are you being so petty?  It is just jerseys."

Flash forward to yesterday and today and 2 separate threads were started by two individuals in the same group and they were getting all bent out of shape because Dunkin Donuts is selling NY Rangers themed donuts in the NY Metro area including NJ.  That's right, when I talk about knockoffs I get told to STFU, mind my own business and to stop being petty.  However they are getting bent out of shape over the color of donut icing.  That's our fanbase in a nutshell.

Also

"Mail Day!"

Grail day! I got the donut I always wanted and I had to share it with everyone!!!

54 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Looking for size 48 donut, with a fight strap. 

Haven't seen this one yet. Actually, there are a few of these gems you guys are talking about I haven't seen yet. Mostly on the game worn group? Or the authentic one?