*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

Guest Dr_Puck
25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am way behind in my Estate planning. 

Samesies. I have my spreadsheet and my wife knows some random names in the hobby. However, I would not trust many people in the hobby to work with a surviving family member to properly sell off my jerseys. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Samesies. I have my spreadsheet and my wife knows some random names in the hobby. However, I would not trust many people in the hobby to work with a surviving family member to properly sell off my jerseys. 

I have a few I’d trust. A few of them would be willing, I bet. 

I don’t really have that type of collection anyway. She could just throw them up on eBay and probably get close to value just in the regular course of bidding. And the money received wouldn’t make a difference in anything anyway. 

My spreadsheet has the price i paid and what I think it is worth / fair value (I update it every so often -- like now half of my islanders jerseys are worth even less, thanks JT, Okie, de Haan, Snow). 

Since I started including the FMV, I began to cut down on the impulse purchases that are immediately worthless. Still am good for a few, but it definitely makes you think twice before buying.

Edited by NYIJM29

57 minutes ago, akteon said:

Glad I'm not the only one with a "jersey will".

Nope, there’s plenty of lunatics on this board. :) 

I wouldn't put out there that you have jersey wills.  I can imagine some collectors seeing/knowing about them and wishing some of you an early demise lol.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I wouldn't put out there that you have jersey wills.  I can imagine some collectors seeing/knowing about them and wishing some of you an early demise lol.

I’ve already decided on the two friends who get all my stuff. One is an old time friend of mine I grew up with, while the other is a collector on here from Fargo, ND...and we all know nothing crazy comes out of Fargo, ND. 

10 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

don't know if anyone saw it before he deleted it 5 times, but this week in Jake Marty posts "RIP Ray Emery, show me you Emery jerseys and any other goalie"

lol I saw it.  He opened it up with a pic of a Lehner jersey too.

17 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I was honestly ready to go off on him, it would've been my last straw. He's easily taken over as the most annoying person in the hobby.

I just scroll past his posts these days.

26 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I was honestly ready to go off on him, it would've been my last straw. He's easily taken over as the most annoying person in the hobby.

That’s why I blocked him and don’t see his s*** anymore.

Bruce C also added a post of his “Museum”’s Emery gameworn pads. I’m sure he had good intention, but flaunting your game used gear at a time like this seems tacky as hell. 

2 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s why I blocked him and don’t see his s*** anymore.

Bruce C also added a post of his “Museum”’s Emery gameworn pads. I’m sure he had good intention, but flaunting your game used gear at a time like this seems tacky as hell. 

No, that's more than "seems", its straight up tacky as hell. 

lol alright which one of you clowns signed jake up to all those mailing lists?

1 minute ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

that thread is pretty great though

He keeps deleting it and posting a new version of it in the group.

oh and I just also learned that asking $50+ for one of the free jerseys from the expo is being greedy.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

oh and I just also learned that asking $50+ for one of the free jerseys from the expo is being greedy.

someone put a stars on ebay for like 35

3 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

someone put a stars on ebay for like 35

I sold both of my jerseys over this past weekend for $60 shipped each.  I didn't exactly have to haggle either and both buyers were very happy with the prices.  Great hobby we are in; one minute people are saying items are worth what people are willing to pay for and the next minute you are a jerk for selling something at a price that is above what others think it is for.  Funny how they goes.

also did anyone see the screenshots Jake posted?  Someone signed him up on a LBGT mailing list as "Jake Kriek."  I have to admit that was pretty funny lol.

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I sold both of my jerseys over this past weekend for $60 shipped each.  I didn't exactly have to haggle either and both buyers were very happy with the prices.  Great hobby we are in; one minute people are saying items are worth what people are willing to pay for and the next minute you are a jerk for selling something at a price that is above what others think it is for.  Funny how they goes.

also did anyone see the screenshots Jake posted?  Someone signed him up on a LBGT mailing list as "Jake Kriek."  I have to admit that was pretty funny lol.

that's hysterical

Guess the group got it's drama for today.

26 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It was a free jersey, so obviously you should just give them away for free. Its the only fair way. 

Anyone holding a 58+ Devils should PM me for my address so they can send it to me for free. I'll cover shipping though, because I'm a gentleman. 

20 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

The mailing list thing is hysterical. In high school we got a hold of a teacher's home address and mercilessly signed him up for magazines and catalogs for like two years. I am pretty sure he knew it was us, because every week he would update us as to whet he had received, sometimes even bringing them in. 

i guess he had a good enough sense of humor, but it must have been literally hundreds of catalogs and magazines. The catalogs he could just toss, but each magazine he'd have to cancel/return.

We were a-holes. 

Haha that's great. That reminds me of this substitute the district would often hire when I was in HS. The woman was easily at least 80 years old and was in the early stages of Alzheimers or dementia. She would have to take attendance at the beginning of the class but she found it easier to just have a piece of paper passed around class and we were to write our names down in it and she would get it at the end and would mark attendance in the official log that way. Of course this lead to some fun times. It was fairly often for her to get the paper back, look through the list, and then say to herself out loud "How many Dirk Digglers do we have in this class??"

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha that's great. That reminds me of this substitute the district would often hire when I was in HS. The woman was easily at least 80 years old and was in the early stages of Alzheimers or dementia. She would have to take attendance at the beginning of the class but she found it easier to just have a piece of paper passed around class and we were to write our names down in it and she would get it at the end and would mark attendance in the official log that way. Of course this lead to some fun times. It was fairly often for her to get the paper back, look through the list, and then say to herself out loud "How many Dirk Digglers do we have in this class??"

Oh crap, we had one of those too. I remember one band class, she passed the sheet around and like 50 kids wrote down like 200 names. She was able to filter out all of the "Sal Ami" and "Mike Hunt" types, but she definitely called out Harley Davidson, Edward Van Halen and a bunch of other celebrities expecting an answer lol.