*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

42 minutes ago, cjerina said:

You CAN block people if you tire of them...

But you guys like complaining about them, so much so that a thread was started on another forum...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy on ebay messaged me an offer on a listing where I do not have "best offer" option.  I said "no thank you" and he replied "that's not how it works, you are supposed to counter."  To be 100% fair, the offer wasn't that bad of a starting point, but I am offering free insured shipping (which isn't cheap) + ebay fees and pretty much set the jersey the lowest Im willing to go on ebay for it.  

If you're on here, let's talk and make a deal. 

Edit: I also love the "I have no money left for THAT jersey, but are you ready to move a jersey you dont want to move yet?"

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

But you guys like complaining about them, so much so that a thread was started on another forum...

Wait, there's a thread on another forum complaining about the people complaining on here?!? :D

3 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Some guy on ebay messaged me an offer on a listing where I do not have "best offer" option.  I said "no thank you" and he replied "that's not how it works, you are supposed to counter."  To be 100% fair, the offer wasn't that bad of a starting point, but I am offering free insured shipping (which isn't cheap) + ebay fees and pretty much set the jersey the lowest Im willing to go on ebay for it.  

If you're on here, let's talk and make a deal.

LOL, I had that yesterday. Someone made me an offer on a non-BIN and I asked if they were on any FB groups and signed my name. Their response "Yes, I am" and never contacted me. With ebay's draconian measures, unfortunately, its difficult to spell out for those who aren't bright.

Edited by cjerina

Man that entire thread with the fake sticks is a complete war zone.  I am actually refreshing that thread every 15 minutes to check out the new posts.  It's amazing.

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

LOL, I had that yesterday. Someone made me an offer on a non-BIN and I asked if they were on any FB groups and signed my name. Their response "Yes, I am" and never contacted me. With ebay's draconian measures, unfortunately, its difficult to spell out for those who aren't bright.

Exactly. I dont understand why people don't do that more often.  Chances are if he gave me his name, we would have had a deal. 

53 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Man that entire thread with the fake sticks is a complete war zone.  I am actually refreshing that thread every 15 minutes to check out the new posts.  It's amazing.

And it is exciting because John is an admin, so he wont close the thread! 

29 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

which group

Game used hockey stick and equipment collectors group

10 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

And it is exciting because John is an admin, so he wont close the thread! 

lol that always help.  And it got extra spicy in there when a long-time collector started posting under a fake name and got called out for it lol.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol that always help.  And it got extra spicy in there when a long-time collector started posting under a fake name and got called out for it lol.

This is the gift that keeps on giving. 

Speaking of which, I think someone is posting from his wife's account. 

5 hours ago, cjerina said:

With ebay's draconian measures, unfortunately, its difficult to spell out for those who aren't bright.

It can be frustrating to try to spell it out for some people. 

The most blatant 'in your/my face' way I've seen to pull deals outside of ebay was a user with an ebay handle johnsmithoutlookcom ...  Just using John Smith as an example here, but the guys user name was just his email without the @ or dot.  Worked brilliantly to get a deal done off ebay.  I wonder if we won't see a movement towards that type of user name with ebays strict anti-fraud measures.

I got warned, then suspended, in December for violating ebay's policy regarding selling off-ebay.  If they catch you once, they heavily monitor your messages.

Edit: Only suspended for one week. 

Edited by NYIJM29

8 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I got warned, then suspended, in December for violating ebay's policy regarding selling off-ebay.  If they catch you once, they heavily monitor your messages.

Yup. I made that mistake with JB a few years ago. Got a policy email update. Tried it again last year with another seller and immediately got a warning.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Is the Non Game Worn Hockey Jersey Collectors fb group still active? Either I’ve been blocked or I’m looking up the wrong name. 

2 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Do you mean: NOT Game Worn Hockey Jersey Collectors

I am trying to search by that group but, cannot find it on fb. I swear I was a part of it too. Can someone please message me the name of one of the Admins for that group and I will reach out to them directly on fb? 

13 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I haven't gotten suspended, but I did receive a warning late last year immediately after I sent a message via eBay.

I got a facebook notification at 3:00 am (from an American) commenting on my post "PM SENT."  I check the PM and he asks if I still have a jersey, I reply yes.  He saw the message and has not responded to me. Wtf? 

37 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I got a facebook notification at 3:00 am (from an American) commenting on my post "PM SENT."  I check the PM and he asks if I still have a jersey, I reply yes.  He saw the message and has not responded to me. Wtf? 

You answered his question. No response needed.

55 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

Maybe he was driving when he opened it. Maybe he was on the toilet and only had a minute to view it. Maybe his kid opened his Facebook account, saw it, and then went back to looking up internet p@rn@graphy while his parents were out. There could be a million possibilities. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Maybe he was driving when he opened it. Maybe he was on the toilet and only had a minute to view it. Maybe his kid opened his Facebook account, saw it, and then went back to looking up internet p@rn@graphy while his parents were out. There could be a million possibilities. 

It’s the world we live in, all responses must be NOW. 

7 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

You answered his question. No response needed.

Very true! 

7 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Also very true! 

I see that the #auctionswork guy is back.