*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

Guest Dr_Puck

When Facebook works, it’s great. When it doesn’t work, you end up with 80 pages of venting in this forum. Personally I’ve had more frustration with eBay lately even with auto decline.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

When Facebook works, it’s great. When it doesn’t work, you end up with 80 pages of venting in this forum. Personally I’ve had more frustration with eBay lately even with auto decline.

Completely agree.  FB can be annoying, but I'd rather have that and vent about annoyances rather than deal with the serious issues eBay can bring.  I like 1) the no fees and 2) being more in control of the sale than eBay allows me to.  Last thing I need from eBay is for a seller to have buyers remorse and to put a "item not described" case such as a slightly creased LOA folder.  In those cases the buyer wins 100% of the time.

17 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

He asks me to hold a jersey for a few days because he has his heart set on it.  Jersey is under $200.

I have a feeling I won't be making a sale lol.

Lmao, of course!

16 hours ago, amonte78 said:

The most annoying time of year has begun: jersey countdown!

I was hoping we'd make it through without it, but at least it only started with like 29 days left. 

It’s been a few days now. Why the hell are we still looking at this replica Potvin “gamer” in a guitar case?

13 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

It’s been a few days now. Why the hell are we still looking at this replica Potvin “gamer” in a guitar case?

Which group is that in?

Thanks to FB's ever worsening algorithms, I hardly see any posts I want to see anymore.  Hell even the other day the first 7 posts on the timeline in a group I help mod were posts that were over a year old and were not bumped for months.   Also, god forbid if I ever click on a post I only mildly care about as now FB will think I want to see it at or near the top of my timeline for that group for the next 4-6 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

You want to know how “museums” “display” their jerseys?

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

HANGING IN A GODDAMN CLOSET! OMFG!!!!! MIND EFFING BLOWN!!!

So that's answers my question from a few weeks ago if it is really a museum or his personal collection.

40 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

So that's answers my question from a few weeks ago if it is really a museum or his personal collection.

You honestly didn’t know?

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

You honestly didn’t know?

I figured for the longest time that's what it was, but I was trying to give the benefit of a doubt lol.

I guess the new hotness is when you can't sell your stuff you can do a razz.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or have the GW groups been dead lately on FB?

Been dead on here lately too....I think last weekend we went almost (2) days between posts of any sort on here......

Here’s something that bugs me about FB. If I post in a public group, my whole friends list sees it in their newsfeed. Seriously, FB, why?? It’s annoying to hear comments from my wife like, “I see you liked that guy’s Devils jersey he posted about. Are you a Devils fan now?” 

FB starts unnecessary drama. ?

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Here’s something that bugs me about FB. If I post in a public group, my whole friends list sees it in their newsfeed. Seriously, FB, why?? It’s annoying to hear comments from my wife like, “I see you liked that guy’s Devils jersey he posted about. Are you a Devils fan now?” 

FB starts unnecessary drama. ?

She wishes ;) 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Getting trolled by the wife, harsh. I did set up a hockey only FB account because I don’t want my friends knowing how much time I spend on the hobby.

I noticed that. I was gonna call you out but decided against it. Smart ?

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Getting trolled by the wife, harsh. I did set up a hockey only FB account because I don’t want my friends knowing how much time I spend on the hobby.

Are they really your friends if it took FB activity to show them how much time you spend on jerseys..? (Jk)

I get trolled by family when I wear one. "It's AUTHENTIC.." (eyes roll)

And I thought having a bunch of guitars/pedals was bad...

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

27 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Are they really your friends if it took FB activity to show them how much time you spend on jerseys..? (Jk)

Or if they would be critical of you for how you choose to spend your time?

Personally I haven’t given a rat’s a$$ What other people think since I was like 13 years old. 

How many times does the same idiot have to message you over a two year span to ask how much you’re looking for on the same jersey?

Guest Dr_Puck
10 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

How many times does the same idiot have to message you over a two year span to ask how much you’re looking for on the same jersey?

Sorry.