*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yep, that was exactly why. It'll be interesting to see how some of Milt's comments and statements are received once we get past all the "feels" type posts and more see it and take the time to digest it all and reply. There's definitely content involved in that post that could stir reaction and i am genuinely looking forward to what's to follow.

Taking my own advice and keeping my mouth shut tonight. Somehow I became Casey's defender. Just because I hate the Wings doesn't mean I love the Pens. 

And now the Flyers tonight - a ton of issues there as well. 

Happy Collecting Y'all.

That Milt thread is already off to a good start

giphy.gif

Seller: “Jersey for sale. Has a stain.”

Tirekicker: “have you tried washing it out?”

Seller: “WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?!? That’s why it’s a stain”

58 minutes ago, furiousd said:

To be fair, a lot of people don't try.  I can't count how many listings I've seen with "light marks, should wash out."  Well, why don't you do it then, rather than making me wonder if you DID try, they didn't come out, and you're being deceptive. 

I never understand it, but I can't even tell you how many jerseys I have received that were "stained" that only needed a trip through the wash. I had one that was so filthy the white stripes looked tan. It took 3 trips through the wash and was good as new. That was a rare jersey and I knew I would get it clean, so I took a shot and the seller still got a fair price. 

But on a run of the mill jersey, a huge stain means you are getting less money for it. Why not wash the thing?

It also totally grosses me out to think that someone was probably wearing that stained, unwashed jersey because they didn't take the time to clean it. 

I think it goes back to the whole concept (which some collectors here have even believed) that washing a jersey ruins it. It doesn't if you do it right, and doing it right is simple. In fact, I wash ALL of my clothes the same way I wash jerseys; cold water, mild detergent, hang to dry, press if needed. 

On 1/22/2019 at 5:55 PM, Devilsguy said:

That Milt thread is already off to a good start

giphy.gif

That wall of text was what ended the government shutdown.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I never understand it, but I can't even tell you how many jerseys I have received that were "stained" that only needed a trip through the wash. I had one that was so filthy the white stripes looked tan. It took 3 trips through the wash and was good as new. That was a rare jersey and I knew I would get it clean, so I took a shot and the seller still got a fair price. 

But on a run of the mill jersey, a huge stain means you are getting less money for it. Why not wash the thing?

It also totally grosses me out to think that someone was probably wearing that stained, unwashed jersey because they didn't take the time to clean it. 

I think it goes back to the whole concept (which some collectors here have even believed) that washing a jersey ruins it. It doesn't if you do it right, and doing it right is simple. In fact, I wash ALL of my clothes the same way I wash jerseys; cold water, mild detergent, hang to dry, press if needed. 

I know that last thought is true with gamer collectors, but is that really the majority opinion on authentics?  I've sold authentics where if they weren't pristine i would quickly wash it before sending it.  Hell I was all my authentics I wear after every 4-6 games regardless.

FWIW there is a gamer right now for sale that is up my alley and at a decent price but I'm avoiding due to the fact that I'm pretty some of the stains on there were added after it came off the ice.  Some nice "fan wear" on it.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Hell I was all my authentics I wear after every 4-6 games regardless.

I wash my jerseys if I attend a game in person. But I'm a germaphobe of sorts, and the arena is a gross, disgusting place.

If you buy one of my authentics, it has 100% been washed before its packed. Unless its going to @thebiggoalie, who insists I wear them naked before I ship them, for some reason. 

Anyone see the white Thomas Bruins knockoff a guy was selling in one of the groups for $150?  He claims he paid $200 for it and it's quite possibly the worst knockoff I have ever seen.

And it looks like the game worn group got flooded again from the same guy who refuses to put all his jerseys for sale into a single post.

• 3 weeks later...

This showed up in FB marketplace.  "NWT" and "official."  Only asking $100.

Edited by Devilsguy

27 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Looks like they used a leftover kit from when the FUBU factory closed.

That’s amazingly accurate. 

33 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I think I missed the original post, but I saw the followup post.  Could you summarize?  Was one of the Classic items not as advertised?

I don't think it was a Classic item.  Just an old Jets Hull jersey that was given to the guy by a trainer or something like that.  Had a lot of wear on it and I think the guy was genuinely looking for some insight.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:26 PM, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Are the mods ever going to do anything about Mike Hunt throwing up 17 different for sale posts a day 

No way there's really a guy named Mike Hunt!?! 
I know i'm gullible but come on, what's his real name?