*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

I don't think you'd come across as a jerk for simply passing on an offer.  He low balled you because he knew what you paid so you have every right to politely decline.  That said, I'm about as far from a Hawks fan as they come, but I did like Panger.  Sounds like a really cool jersey, you should post pics here.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/1/2019 at 10:16 AM, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. There’s some collectors who seem to think that your sale price should be based on what you paid rather than what it's worth. That’s annoying to me. 

Nothing infuriates me more than the "You only paid $_______" messages or posts. Doesn't matter what I or anyone else paid. 

1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

Nothing infuriates me more than the "You only paid $_______" messages or posts. Doesn't matter what I or anyone else paid. 

Exactly. Some people specifically buy things to re-sell, also. the whole ideas to buy low and sell high. Just because you missed the buy low, doesn't mean I don't get to sell high. 

Not that I am one of those people, I buy jerseys to wear and consistently lose money when selling them lol. 

I hoard,
We know this
I made the mistake of posting some of my finds on Facebook pages and almost immediately I get responses to my post or private messages saying "I'll buy it from you" even when it specifically says NFS.
Or the, Hey, you got it for $100 - I'll give you $110
It sucks because I finally have a venue that I can post cool pics with ease to do a little showing off and I won't because random people on the FB pages haven't been filtered / groomed with a little etiquette or respect for the hobby.
I guess what I've learned is when posting, I'm going to triple what I paid for it if anyone asks.

40 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I guess what I've learned is when posting, I'm going to triple what I paid for it if anyone asks.

Then you’ll just get told that you got ripped off. 

I feel like as long as you don't totally ghost someone, it's not a big deal. Just tell me if you don't want to buy/sell it, and it's no big deal.

I backed out of a sale a few months ago because I realized that I just really like the jersey too much to let it go.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:13 PM, DM67 said:

I feel like as long as you don't totally ghost someone, it's not a big deal. Just tell me if you don't want to buy/sell it, and it's no big deal.

I backed out of a sale a few months ago because I realized that I just really like the jersey too much to let it go.

Wow, 
Not only did you totally ghost me on your Kane jersey we were talking about when I asked for additional pics - you then went on to raise the price of the jersey by $50  

🚩🚩🚩🤡

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Wow, 
Not only did you totally ghost me on your Kane jersey we were talking about when I asked for additional pics - you then went on to raise the price of the jersey by $50  

🚩🚩🚩🤡

36E93E1F-28A2-47FD-9AB7-0FF934DF839F.jpeg

On 7/31/2019 at 6:52 AM, amonte78 said:

I've read many bad stories about Nick Viris, but the one in the Bad Jersey Trader/Seller group is something else. What a mental case that guy is.

Same here.  Blocking people for even asking for status of a jersey shipment a month after paying him if often met with a blocking.

But it looks like the thread was deleted as part of the deal between him and the guy with the (legit) complaint.  Thus the cycle is restarted.

3 hours ago, cjerina said:

The cosmic balet goes on. (But seriously, someone should just post the screen-caps from the discussion.)

hqdefault.jpg

I wish I would have taken screenshots of it lol.

If a buyer makes you an offer, haggles, and then doesnt pay for 2 days -- is it rude to pull the offer? Especially after (1) you are giving a great price; (2) buyer said he'd pay that night. 

10 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

If a buyer makes you an offer, haggles, and then doesnt pay for 2 days -- is it rude to pull the offer? Especially after (1) you are giving a great price; (2) buyer said he'd pay that night. 

I think it would depend how badly you want to move the jersey. That being said, I'm guessing they're going to ghost you anyways.

44 minutes ago, cjerina said:

I think it would depend how badly you want to move the jersey. That being said, I'm guessing they're going to ghost you anyways.

Also on what their level of contact is. If they totally ghosted, you can just move on. There’s no reason to “pull” an offer when the other guy just disappeared. 

If they gave you a song and a dance about when they could pay, then it’s up to your tolerance and how badly you want to make the sale. 

13 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Musta missed it. 

Gonna try to condense what happened from memory.  Anyone please chime in if I remembered something wrong or missed it.

1) guy makes deal with Nick for team Italy jerseys for $1800 back in 2015.

2) guy sends nick jerseys before payment

3) guy asks nick for payment and over the course of the next 4 or so years gives him excuse after excuse why not to pay him.

4) they reach an agreement a year or two ago for reduced price of $1200.

5) Nick still doesn't pay and blames seller for selling other Italy jerseys and depressing prices for them.

6) After nick gets called out he claims that in Europe the seller is SOL due to statue of limitations expired.

7) seller writes on bad sellers/traders group and group pressures nick to finally pay up.

Thats the general gist of it from what I remember.  Again, if I made any mistakes please correct me.

Oh, I did see some of that. I thought there was a new dispute that I missed. 

Still, I say why would you send someone 25 jerseys without upfront payment? Just makes no sense. Leaving aside the fact that it’s been 4 years now. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Oh, I did see some of that. I thought there was a new dispute that I missed. 

Still, I say why would you send someone 25 jerseys without upfront payment? Just makes no sense. Leaving aside the fact that it’s been 4 years now. 

Seriously, talk about getting what you asked for. 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:22 AM, mfitz804 said:

Also on what their level of contact is. If they totally ghosted, you can just move on. There’s no reason to “pull” an offer when the other guy just disappeared. 

If they gave you a song and a dance about when they could pay, then it’s up to your tolerance and how badly you want to make the sale. 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:36 AM, cjerina said:

I ended up not saying anything and I relisted it today -- guy messaged me shortly thereafter (first time since Tuesday) saying he is taking the jersey but he needs to figure out how to pay for it. Literally next message from him, minutes later, was "my wife forgot to pay for it on Monday," then after calling him out on it he said he was deciding if he wants to send pp FF or through an invoice (for more money). I pulled the offer -- had I known it was a "I cant pay yet" for it, I never would have been as flexible on pricing.  

If you are a buyer, be honest and upfront with a seller if you arent ready to pay. 

Edited by NYIJM29

18 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

If you are a buyer, be honest and upfront with a seller if you arent ready to pay. 

Exactly, if you are going to strike a deal, you need to either be ready to buy or “I’ll pay you a week from Thursday” needs to be part of the initial negotiation. If you “can’t pay yet”, make a deal when you can. 

I have very rarely held a jersey I was selling for a buyer, and when I have, it’s almost never been a stranger. 

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly, if you are going to strike a deal, you need to either be ready to buy or “I’ll pay you a week from Thursday” needs to be part of the initial negotiation. If you “can’t pay yet”, make a deal when you can. 

I have very rarely held a jersey I was selling for a buyer, and when I have, it’s almost never been a stranger. 

I agree with holding a jersey -- very rarely do it unless it is someone I know.  If I do hold a jersey, Im going to start requiring a non-refundable down payment

• 4 weeks later...

With one buyer. I was re-selling some things I had recently bought (duh) and he didn’t have all of the cash handy, so I sent the items with a promise of future payment. Told him since it was on my PayPal Credit, in the good days when it was no payments AND no interest for 6 months, as long as he paid within 6 months it was all good.

I believe I was paid in full 2 weeks later.

The caveat, of course, is it was a board member I talked to all the time, dealt with many times, and trusted completely. 

I've done one payment plan with a random stranger off ebay.  If they are working on paying over say 2 pay periods, which was the case with my guy, it should work just fine.  Not really knowing the guy, I hung onto the jersey and just agreed that it was his upon full payment and then I'd ship.  Basically receiving half of the money, I agreed not to sell while he came up with the rest.  Worked great though, they obviously want the jersey and are committed if they pay a good portion to begin with.  I'd never ship out a jersey only partially paid for unless it was a situation like Fitz had with it being a member here that I knew and dealt with in the past.