All Star game in 27 days...when do we see how ugly the jerseys are??

mfitz804

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Sounds good maybe bobcat will get the contract to do these up

That'd be great, we could wear them for the 2018 All Star Game!

26 minutes ago, Krendelev said:

Another thought. The picture above doesn't show them but I wonder if these will have the NHL 100 year patch on them.

I'm expecting they will. I have one designated for that purpose. 

48 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Oooo, these look really nice!  Is this the first time they've given each division their own jersey?

Well, last year was the first time they've done the four division format, so yes. It is, however, the first time since 2001 that there have been more than two jerseys used in an All-Star game.

Also, I'm assuming that Bobcat will be doing the names/numbers, so who wants to bet that the pattern on the numbers will be gamer-exclusive a la the laser etching on the Kings' anniversary jersey?

Edited by TheKevinShow

2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Well, last year was the first time they've done the four division format, so yes. It is, however, the first time since 2001 that there have been more than two jerseys used in an All-Star game.

Also, I'm assuming that Bobcat will be doing the names/numbers, so who wants to bet that the pattern on the numbers will be gamer-exclusive a la the laser etching on the Kings' anniversary jersey?

Makes more sense this way than last year, where they needed two full sets for each team in both colors, in case black wound up against black or vice versa. 

And I bet you are right about the pattern being gamer exclusive if Bobcat is indeed doing them. 

3 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

The Atlantic gold jersey has some kind of random sublimated pattern on the numbers. Looks like my Matthews all star jersey is going to be impossible to get right. 

The black one (white numbers) has it too, so they all do. Remains to be seen. If its laser etched we are likely out of luck. If its sublimated, EPS and the like will be able to do it (like they were able to do the striping and such on previous years' like 2011). 

Just now, furiousd said:

Even if it's etched, a sublimated number would at least be very close from more than a foot away.  Unlike, say, last year's reflective border.

This is true. We'll see what Josh at EPS says about these. 

Wow, I think these jerseys look fantastic! Shame the Kings are wearing the black ones as I think they should have worn the yellow or purple, but this might be the first all-star jersey in a long time that I'm actually interested in buying. Will try and cruise down to Staples tomorrow and see if they have 2.0 available for sale.

Staples hasn't gotten any specialty 2.0's for a few years now, so don't hold your breath. :)

Still no response from the Baron. Someone else should ask, I have had the issue of my email ending up in his spam before. 

16 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

I can confirm the pattern on the numbers is sublimated. It is the same beveled pattern as in the event logo and marketing.

I think that's good news. 

On 1/11/2017 at 4:03 PM, AlereFlammam said:

The Atlantic gold jersey has some kind of random sublimated pattern on the numbers. Looks like my Matthews all star jersey is going to be impossible to get right. 

Plus...it's gold. Lol. I'd love a Matthews too bud god that's a loud jersey. Not sure how I feel about it.

15 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

JB has them listed for anyone looking to buy.

I emailed him and he told me to wait before purchasing it, as with previous years he will include a team patch for you (loose), but they haven't arrived yet. He expects to hear today when he should be receiving them.  

11 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just sent Bobcat a message asking them to confirm whether or not they can properly customize the jerseys with the pattern in the numbers.

I did the same for EPS. Will post the response. 

JB said he was confirming the team patches will be the same ones used last year. They are. 

Awaiting my invoice now. 

Josh from EPS responded and said although he has asked the league for official customization specs, but to date they have not provided them. He expects to have them AFTER the game. 

I asked about the patterning of the numbers, he said they will probably be able to do it, then he asked me to show him the pictures I saw, which I did. He hasn't said anything else yet.