Proper number style question

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I only had a PP replica one time for a very short while, but by my recollection, its not even close to the same as the authentic material. 

So unless I'm willing to pay for another replica just for the sake of cutting it up for material, I'm going to have to settle for the closest option. Hmm...

Well, I mean, settling for the closest option is the name of the game for a shameless replica collector.

Edited by TheKevinShow

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

No but SP made the jerseys for Nike and I believe PP as well so the material is the same flo-knit.

Interesting.  I guess SP makes Bauer as well, then.  Since that material also looks to be Flo-Knit.

Edit: Just saw @furiousd's reply.  Makes sense.

Edited by jsh139

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

So unless I'm willing to pay for another replica just for the sake of cutting it up for material, I'm going to have to settle for the closest option. Hmm...

Well, I mean, settling for the closest option is the name of the game for a shameless replica collector.

Exactly. So many other things keep it from being "accurate"  anyway. 

8 minutes ago, jsanz said:

Sorry but, "EPS"? Keep seeing this on a few threads.

Exclusive Pro Sports. A company that sews the names/numbers on The Devils on-ice jerseys (and possibly others as well). They can do most other teams as well. 

http://www.exclusivepro.com

21 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Exclusive Pro Sports. A company that sews the names/numbers on The Devils on-ice jerseys (and possibly others as well). They can do most other teams as well. 

http://www.exclusivepro.com

Also Capitals and Predators definitely...probably more.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Also Capitals and Predators definitely...probably more.

Yup yup yup.  

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Hurricanes... Someone should make a list. ?

?

Don't forget Florida.

• 4 weeks later...

I come bearing questions about my next EPS order...

With the Spring Sale upon us, I'm going to send my three most expensive jerseys to them - my Koho Caps, my Fisherman and my Starter Blues. All three are $85. I may also send in my Mustard Predators and my black Goat Head Sabres since those are both $75.

Just to be clear, what number styles should I request for each of them? If it'll narrow it down, the Fisherman will have the anniversary patch added. Also, did the Predators use the glacier twill on the alternate for the entire time they wore it?

Edited by TheKevinShow

The Caps will be semi reverse kiss cut, and the bronze bottom layer is the dazzle like twill with horizontal lines running through it. Very hard font with very few places getting it bang on except cutting edge of course.

For a 96-97 fisherman with the patch go with the same as the caps but with glacier twill bottom layer.

The Blues has the CC sublimated one lay er white/yellow with the blue stitch over the top as the Bruins also used which I'm not sure EPS does so you may want to get them kiss cut.

Kiss/reverse cut glacier twill for the mustard Pred's.

17 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

The Blues has the CC sublimated one lay er white/yellow with the blue stitch over the top as the Bruins also used which I'm not sure EPS does so you may want to get them kiss cut.

I think he's referring to the earlier Blues model with the diagonally-cut numbers, in which case they are 3-layer stacked with the vinyl middle layer.

I'm trying to see if anyone know how the 2001-02 San Jose Sharks did their Road White jerseys I am thinking they were stacked, but I am not 100% sure.  Any help would be appreciated as I want to send this in for the EPS sale.

1 minute ago, spudrock512 said:

I'm trying to see if anyone know how the 2001-02 San Jose Sharks did their Road White jerseys I am thinking they were stacked, but I am not 100% sure.  Any help would be appreciated as I want to send this in for the EPS sale.

Yup stacked. And technically the white were the homes then.

4 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

True. I guess I automically assumed it was the '98-99 version.

At first I thought so too, but EPS lists the price for the 98/99 as only $65, because they use only twill for that one.  They charge $85 for the diagonal kits, presumably because of the vinyl stuff.

Just now, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Yup stacked. And technically the white were the homes then.

Oh yeah, that was before they switched to dark at home - it's been so long and forget sometimes.  Thanks!

Alright, so to recap so far...

2000-04 Capitals - Semi-reverse kiss-cut with dazzle twill.

1996-97 Islanders - Semi-reverse kiss-cut with glacier twill.

2001-04 Predators - Reverse kiss-cut with glacier twill.

1996-98 Blues - Layered with vinyl middle layer.

1995-99 Sabres - ??

Alright, so I think that's settled. I just need to figure out who to put on each one. The Blues is probably going to be Demitra, the Islanders is probably going to be Palffy, the Predators is definitely going to be Timonen, the Sabres is probably going to be Hasek and I'm not sure about the Capitals. I might go with Bondra.