Proper number style question

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add onto this topic. 

I have a White Away 2013-2014 Bruins I want made up. Can someone confirm what type of layering I should be requesting for numbers and letters (are letters always layered?)? Thks!

Edited by rattlestar

If you have anyone other than Custom Crafted letter that jersey, it most likely won't be exactly like the gamers.  For example, on the numbers, color is applied directly to the twill (sublimated?) and then a row of stitching is applied over the white strip to make it look like it's a separate layer of white twill, but it's not.  So really, they are neither layered nor kiss-cut.  Also, even though the back panel is made of stretch mesh, the gamer nameplates are airknit and don't match the underlying material they are stitched over.

Did the Islanders use both As on the home jerseys for the 25th anniversary season? I found at least one picture of Palffy wearing the more stylized A but I haven't decided if I want that one or the other, or if they even wore the less stylized one on the white jerseys that season.

11 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If you have anyone other than Custom Crafted letter that jersey, it most likely won't be exactly like the gamers.  For example, on the numbers, color is applied directly to the twill (sublimated?) and then a row of stitching is applied over the white strip to make it look like it's a separate layer of white twill, but it's not.  So really, they are neither layered nor kiss-cut.  Also, even though the back panel is made of stretch mesh, the gamer nameplates are airknit and don't match the underlying material they are stitched over.

Interesting. So for the away: yellow with black layered ontop then white outlines the black with stitching applied? Do we have close up pictures of this from anyone? 

I guess requesting kiss cut over layered won't be any closer to appearance To what they should like? Hmmm decisions

Edited by rattlestar

I don't have a gamer so I'm not 100% sure, but I think the numbers are just one layer (white twill) with the gold and black sublimated onto it.  If you have to choose between layered and kiss-cut, I'd choose kiss-cut, so at least the stitching pattern would look like the original (there would be no black stitching on the black part either way).

Just glancing at it, it looks just like kiss-cut.  But when the surface gets damaged  by game wear, you can see that the colored part gets scraped off and you can see the white base twill underneath, in the 2nd picture.

IMG_7701_zps6nejxnzp.jpg

IMG_7700_zpsoybljryp.jpg

Alright, I've settled on what I'm going to do for each jersey. Feel free to make corrections if necessary.

Customize my New York Islanders white jersey size XL with PALFFY #16 with alternate captain's A, semi-reverse kiss-cut with glacier twill. Add the enclosed Islanders 25th anniversary patch to the right chest, and use the serifed alternate captain's A as shown in the attached photograph.

Customize my Washington Capitals black jersey size XL with JAGR #68 with alternate captain's A, semi-reverse kiss-cut with dazzle twill. Customize with the straight name bar style.

Customize my St. Louis Blues blue jersey size XL with DEMITRA #38, layered with the vinyl middle layer.

Customize my Nashville Predators mustard jersey size XXL with TIMONEN #44, reverse kiss-cut with glacier twill.

Customize my Buffalo Sabres black jersey size XXL with HASEK #39, layered.

24 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Feel free to make corrections if necessary.

Isn't that your job?

30 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Customize my New York Islanders white jersey size XL with HITLER #69 with alternate captain's A, semi-reverse kiss-cut with glacier twill. Add the enclosed Islanders 25th anniversary patch to the right chest, and use the serifed alternate captain's A as shown in the attached photograph.

Customize my Washington Capitals black jersey size XL with BIN LADEN #69 with alternate captain's A, semi-reverse kiss-cut with dazzle twill. Customize with the straight name bar style.

Customize my St. Louis Blues blue jersey size XL with STALIN #69, layered with the vinyl middle layer.

Customize my Nashville Predators mustard jersey size XXL with MUSSOLINI #69, reverse kiss-cut with glacier twill.

Customize my Buffalo Sabres black jersey size XXL with BIEBER #69, layered.

Corrections submitted. 

• 1 month later...

OK, I think this will just be my catch-all customization question thread so that I don't clog up the forum with more topics.

What nameplate material did the Leafs use on their first 2.0s? I just bought one for cheap off of JB and I'd like to ship it off fairly quickly to SLC.

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

OK, I think this will just be my catch-all customization question thread so that I don't clog up the forum with more topics.

What nameplate material did the Leafs use on their first 2.0s? I just bought one for cheap off of JB and I'd like to ship it off fairly quickly to SLC.

Edge.  Leafs always used edge

14 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Edge.  Leafs always used edge

Thanks. Just to be on the safe side, I asked SLC to confirm that they could do the jersey with the Edge plate (I know the answer is going to be yes but I had to be certain) and I'll be shipping it off the day after I receive it.

Careful with that, Adrian has a nasty habit of calling edge plates air-knit.  Could be confusing so maybe send him a picture of the edge material close up

• 3 weeks later...

Can any one confirm if the 2000-07 Buffalo Sabres Alternate jerseys used stacked numbers?  I looked at what I could find online with game worn jerseys, and this is what it looked like to me, but I just wanted to make sure I am correct on that assumption.

10 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Can any one confirm if the 2000-07 Buffalo Sabres Alternate jerseys used stacked numbers?  I looked at what I could find online with game worn jerseys, and this is what it looked like to me, but I just wanted to make sure I am correct on that assumption.

I'll ask on the Sabres game worn group on Facebook.

On 5/16/2017 at 3:01 PM, spudrock512 said:

Just checking again to see if anyone can confirm how the Sabres did their numbering back then? 

6 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Just checking again to see if anyone can confirm how the Sabres did their numbering back then? 

From a user on Facebook:

1pqqSzZm.jpg

That's an 01-02 gamer. 

• 3 weeks later...

I want to double check what specific instructions I need to give EPS for customizing a blue Finland 2016 WCoH jersey. I think the numbers should be single-layer twill with laser-cut perforations (or is there a better name for those tiny holes?). The nameplates look like the same material as the back (stretch mesh?).

Any corrections, or anything else I need to specify? Thanks.