Proper number style question

Gamer:

1998-99 Game Worn John Vanbiesbrouck, third (Back)

EPS:

1997-98 Paul Coffey (Back)

Maybe someday I'll have the nameplates moved down a hair on them, but for now I'm just too lazy, lol.  I think that @LAK74 had a similar issue with a Flyers jersey that EPS did for him.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.  I did remove the nameplate and moved it farther down so the gap between it and the back numbers was reduced.

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'm assuming that's just the way that EPS does their team's jerseys.  The Devils Brodeur they did for me looks eerily similar.

Yours looks to have a little more of a gap than typical. Compare:

39444952102_af1e45e0bb_b.jpg

I don’t have a picture of my Brodeur Ultrafil handy, but I’ll double check it tonight, for science. 

Looking at it again, the bottom of the numbers seem in the right place, as does the top of the nameplate. Maybe they are just longer than the ProPlayer, resulting in more space.  Will check on that. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Looking at it again, the bottom of the numbers seem in the right place, as does the top of the nameplate. Maybe they are just longer than the ProPlayer, resulting in more space.  Will check on that. 

Also hard to tell because of the angle of the pics.  Yours is more of a diagonal while mine is directly overhead.  Plus, these are humans placing the kits on the jerseys.  There's always going to be a little variance.  Either way, I'm not bothered by the Broduer, but the Flyerses ever so slightly bug me. Just not enough to lose sleep over or do anything about, haha.

Edited by jsh139

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Also hard to tell because of the angle of the pics.  Yours is more of a diagonal while mine is directly overhead.  Plus, these are humans placing the kits on the jerseys.  There's always going to be a little variance.  Either way, I'm not bothered by the Broduer, but the Flyerses ever so slightly bugs me.

It’s definitely within tolerance and nothing wrong with it. 

And yeah, different angles.

I’m pretty sure what you have is just what they do. I just looked at a Brodeur gamer done exactly like yours, and another with less space. 

I would love to see Josh’s response to being asked about specific nameplate placement and his response to being asked to fix a jersey because the nameplate was placed slightly too high or low.

not trying to question anyone on here, we all want our stuff to be as accurate as possible but I don’t see how EPS could spend the time researching every jersey that comes through for exact nameplate positioning.  

Just now, TMLFAN said:

I would love to see Josh’s response to being asked about specific nameplate placement and his response to being asked to fix a jersey because the nameplate was placed slightly too high or low.

not trying to question anyone on here, we all want our stuff to be as accurate as possible but I don’t see how EPS could spend the time researching every jersey that comes through for exact nameplate positioning.  

Not to mention there is normal variation, and lots of time the actual gamers are NOT shown the level of care that people might thing. This forum has countless examples of re-use/re-purposing and more. 

They're tools, not art.

Gotta be a frustrating business for EPS, Keener and others to get hammered on tiny details. (I say this as someone who appreciates attention to detail).

12 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I've dealt with him for a long time. He will tell you that it was done to the published NHL specs, whether or not that is the way XYZ shop does the on-ice jerseys or not isn't something he controls. If you want to send it back they can fix it, but you'll have to pay the postage both ways. 

I got one back from Keener recently where, at first glance in-person, it looked like there was way too much space between the plate and the numbers.  I hadn't specified anything about that in my order, because I had never noticed the spacing one way or another.  Before I freaked out too much, I went back to the gamer pics I had and saw that they were the same way.  So I ended up being impressed that he/they caught that detail.

But more on the topic of EPS, good luck adding that to your instructions.   

The Flyers advice is greatly appreciated and I will keep it in mind should I send them an era-appropriate authentic in the future. This one is just a replica so that much attention to detail isn't paramount. Now, if you have any advice for the exact specifications for an authentic 11-17 Capitals besides kiss-cut numbers/name and an Edge nameplate, I'm all ears, because that one is going in the same order as the Flyers and Sharks jerseys.

Yeah, I don't expect EPS to know all of these intricate details.  If it's not a big deal to someone, there's no need to detail it in the instructions.  But, if the gap would bother someone as much as incorrect font or twill layering style, then it would behoove that person to at least mention it, IMO.

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, I don't expect EPS to know all of these intricate details.  If it's not a big deal to someone, there's no need to detail it in the instructions.  But, if the gap would bother someone as much as incorrect font or twill layering style, then it would behoove that person to at least mention it, IMO.

And, experience dictates that if you tell EPS to position something a certain way, generally they do. 

• 2 months later...

For the Blackhawks guys on here.

09 winter classic jerseys.  Was white twill used on the name/number or is it cream?  Hard to tell from pictures.

49 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Cream twill. I know what you're saying, though. Some of the gamer pics look white.

Thanks dude

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to send my home Avalanche 2.0 to Denver Athletic to be customized as MacKinnon.  I want it done for the 2013-2014 season, his rookie year.

Besides requesting on-ice specs, anyone able to tell me some details of the specifics I should ask for?  I've never gone through DA before so I'd like to be as specific as possible because I don't know how much information they need. Better safe than sorry so I'd rather provide as much as I can.

Edited by shilenj

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So if one was to send a Bruins 2016 edge jersey jersey to EPS, should you write something about the  font style, so they don't use the new adidas style numbers and letter font. Or do they know all that this stuff.

Or they perhaps don't even have the new style?

Just now, tomtucker said:

So if one was to send a Bruins 2016 edge jersey jersey to EPS, should you write something about the  font style, so they don't use the new adidas style numbers and letter font. Or do they know all that this stuff.

Or they perhaps don't even have the new style?

The answer is the same no matter what jersey you send to what customizer. Specify what you want, and don’t complain about what you get if you failed to do so. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The answer is the same no matter what jersey you send to what customizer. Specify what you want, and don’t complain about what you get if you failed to do so. 

Got it, just write everything, no matter how long your story get.  Specifying the year, in this instance 2016, is the best thing to do. 

👍🙏

Edited by tomtucker