Proper number style question

2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Got it, just write everything, no matter how long your story get.  Specifying the year, in this instance 2016, is the best thing to do. 

👍🙏

You can’t give too much information, but you can give too little. 

Describe what you want in as much detail as possible, materials, colors, kind of layering, year, provide pictures, etc. 

At worst, they don’t need the info and don’t have to consult it. But if there’s details you want that they don’t really know because it’s a team that isn’t theirs, you have to tell them. Otherwise it’s your fault if they don’t incorporate them. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You can’t give too much information, but you can give too little. 

Describe what you want in as much detail as possible, materials, colors, kind of layering, year, provide pictures, etc. 

At worst, they don’t need the info and don’t have to consult it. But if there’s details you want that they don’t really know because it’s a team that isn’t theirs, you have to tell them. Otherwise it’s your fault if they don’t incorporate them. 

🙏♥️🍻👍

Edited by tomtucker

The jerseys used by players during the All-Star Game Weekend, in competitions like Fastest Skater, Hardest Shot, etc.  These are official team jerseys, but they are all lettered by EPS, and not their respective official team customizers, so on some teams you can really see differences in the lettering compared to what you normally see every day in the regular season and playoff games.

I'll echo the above about details, details, details. Sometimes I do feel like I'm going to make places like Keener or EPS roll their eyes, but I spare no effort in details. Materials or namplate and numbers if necessary, stacked twill or kiss cut, etc. I always find closeup photos of what I want and send them. If I'm sending patches, I will take a photo of the patch exactly where it goes on the jersey before I pack it up for shipment. The last jerseys I sent to EPS were North Dakota Edge 2.0 jerseys. They do their game jerseys, but I specified every last little thing none the less. 

Edited by Van67

17 hours ago, LAK74 said:

The jerseys used by players during the All-Star Game Weekend, in competitions like Fastest Skater, Hardest Shot, etc.  These are official team jerseys, but they are all lettered by EPS, and not their respective official team customizers, so on some teams you can really see differences in the lettering compared to what you normally see every day in the regular season and playoff games.

thanks

Edited by tomtucker

The only thing that stood out to me is that EPS’ letters were way too small in proportion to the numbers.  Also I imagine that EPS did a standard 2 layer job, as opposed to the single layer version done by Custom Crafted.

39 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The only thing that stood out to me is that EPS’ letters were way too small in proportion to the numbers.  Also I imagine that EPS did a standard 2 layer job, as opposed to the single layer version done by Custom Crafted.

That i think is a bit weird, this jersey done by EPS, from their website looks like this

product_more_25_397_2.jpg

Gameworn 

9563.jpg

cut.jpg

I think on the EPS one it looks like the numbers and letters are a bit fatter

Edited by tomtucker

I just realized you were referring to the older Reebok font, not the newer Adidas ones.  Sorry, just ignore what I said earlier.

26 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I just realized you were referring to the older Reebok font, not the newer Adidas ones.  Sorry, just ignore what I said earlier.

Okay, i will ignore what you said this time, but next time i will listen to you  😉 👍  🍻

I took a look at some video of the 2017 ASG Skills Competition Black Jerseys (with the Reebok font).  I think you’re right; the characters seem very slightly wider (stretched sideways), and maybe the outer white border seems a bit thinner on the Skills jerseys.  There are also some slight differences in the gaps/notches on some of the letters.  At first glance they really didn’t look bad to me at all though.  Maybe NYIJM29 was referring to the Adidas Skills jerseys (like I did earlier), because the excessively small letters are noticeable immediately.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

I took a look at some video of the 2017 ASG Skills Competition Black Jerseys (with the Reebok font).  I think you’re right; the characters seem very slightly wider (stretched sideways), and maybe the outer white border seems a bit thinner on the Skills jerseys.  There are also some slight differences in the gaps/notches on some of the letters.  At first glance they really didn’t look bad to me at all though.  Maybe NYIJM29 was referring to the Adidas Skills jerseys (like I did earlier), because the excessively small letters are noticeable immediately.

Yes, the jerseys EPS used to do, Devils, Caps had/have thick letters and numbers, guess that is why the EPS bruins jerseys also have fatter letter and numbers?

The letters devils have now are thinner, made by philly express, anyone agree they were better before with the fatter letters? When EPS made the devils jerseys 

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Yes, the jerseys EPS used to do, Devils, Caps had/have thick letters and numbers, guess that is why the EPS bruins jerseys also have fatter letter and numbers?

The letters devils have now are thinner, made by philly express, anyone agree they were better before with the fatter letters? When EPS made the devils jerseys 

Yup, I preferred EPS’s Devils fonts. But it is what it is. 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Has anyone had a World Cup jersey done by EPS? Is the nameplate material they use the right material?

The 2017-18 Adidas WCOH jerseys? I had one from a few years ago. The nameplate material was close, but not a 100% match. However, now that they do a bunch of teams with Adidas jerseys, I would imagine they have the right stuff?? Just ask them. 

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

The 2017-18 Adidas WCOH jerseys? I had one from a few years ago. The nameplate material was close, but not a 100% match. However, now that they do a bunch of teams with Adidas jerseys, I would imagine they have the right stuff?? Just ask them. 

I asked and they said that providing the nameplates won’t be a problem. The only reason why I asked is because I could’ve sworn someone said that the WC jerseys weren’t the exact same material as the NHL jerseys. 

15 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I asked and they said that providing the nameplates won’t be a problem. The only reason why I asked is because I could’ve sworn someone said that the WC jerseys weren’t the exact same material as the NHL jerseys. 

I don't have mine anymore, but I thought it was the same material on the back.  Someone else will have to clarify.  I do remember the shoulder dimples were a little different.  A little shallower on the WCOH.

2018-19 Adidas on top, WCOH on bottom.  Contrast is way up, which is why they look dirty.  Don't have any closeup pics of the backs.  I can't tell if the material is the same. Kind of looks a little different on the shoulders, though?

Dimples

Would anybody here have or know someone who has a Maple Leafs Centennial Classic game worn jersey?  I’ve had a theory about how they were lettered that I’d like confirmation on.  SLC is no help so I need an actual gamer to get the measurement from.

7 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Would anybody here have or know someone who has a Maple Leafs Centennial Classic game worn jersey?  I’ve had a theory about how they were lettered that I’d like confirmation on.  SLC is no help so I need an actual gamer to get the measurement from.

What's your theory?  I probably have your answer.

My theory is SLC didn’t use the standard height edge nameplates which are roughly 4.25 inches high.  They used nameplates that were slightly under 4 inches high.  

They say they used the standard nameplate but I think they came from Reebok short and they just used them assuming they were the standard height because what would they care what size they were.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Has anyone had a World Cup jersey done by EPS? Is the nameplate material they use the right material?

Depends on the team. When I had them do a navy USA jersey, no, the color did not match. Material seemed to be the same, but the color was slightly off. 

DSCF3954-vi.jpg

The dimples on the WCOH jerseys were closer to the retail Indo dimples vs MIC dimples; as in less pronounced 

Edited by mdwsta4

20 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

My theory is SLC didn’t use the standard height edge nameplates which are roughly 4.25 inches high.  They used nameplates that were slightly under 4 inches high.  

They say they used the standard nameplate but I think they came from Reebok short and they just used them assuming they were the standard height because what would they care what size they were.

Reebok always spec'd 4" for nameplate height, but customizers tend to do what they want. IF they did receive the nameplates direct from Reebok then they may

have been 4". Measuring a gamer, as you said,  would be the best.

I’m convinced I’m right but just need someone with a gamer to finally confirm it for me.

Ive spoke to SLC about this and they said they don’t modify nameplates so the only way I could see this happening is them getting shorter nameplates than normal from Reebok.

the Gauthier is a gamer and the Marner is an authentic done by SLC.  Looking at the lack of space above and below the letters on the Gauthier (basically touching the serged edge) compared to the Marner there is no way the nameplates on these are the same height.

They also have to put the nameplate on top of the seam on the Marner to get the numbers to fit properly compared to the Goat which sits just under the seam.

49441029157_6be9e4186c_b.jpg49440329363_09420318da_b.jpg