When the adidas jerseys release next year

rattlestar

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, they don't account for freaks like us who would instantly need all 3. 

My plan for the next 10-12 months has been to use the switch to fill in any missing 2.0's.  But this discussion got me thinking.  I was a pretty big fan of the WCOH jerseys.  If customizing isn't a problem on the upcoming NHL jerseys, I might find myself with the freaks sooner than I figured.

42 minutes ago, furiousd said:

My plan for the next 10-12 months has been to use the switch to fill in any missing 2.0's.  But this discussion got me thinking.  I was a pretty big fan of the WCOH jerseys.  If customizing isn't a problem on the upcoming NHL jerseys, I might find myself with the freaks sooner than I figured.

Agreed. I'm hoping more teams use this opportunity to freshen up their looks.

While I do not really dabble into other jerseys much outside of gamers these days, I am wondering if Adidas will continue on with the CCM vintage line of replicas.  In the past 2-3 years they have pumped out a lot of defunct styles that are often more accurate (at least IMO) than M&N jerseys and without the wonky sizing.  I used to have a Rockies and Scouts replicas in home and away for each team, but thinking about doing that again down the line.

I don't see why they wouldn't.  This line has obviously existed for years, well after CCM stopped making on-ice jerseys for the NHL.  Vintage replicas must still be selling pretty decently, or they wouldn't have introduced the Team Classics line not long ago.  I sure hope they keep making them.

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

I was a pretty big fan of the WCOH jerseys. 

It's funny how we're all different. I was extremely disappointed by the WCOH jerseys. Thought they felt cheap and not very durable; almost like EDGE 1.0 vs 2.0. Probably the biggest reason I didn't keep the one I bought. 

25 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

It's funny how we're all different. I was extremely disappointed by the WCOH jerseys. Thought they felt cheap and not very durable; almost like EDGE 1.0 vs 2.0. Probably the biggest reason I didn't keep the one I bought. 

This. 

Had some practice jerseys and moved them. Plus the sizing fit smaller than I like. My 58s that fit almost like 54s

I actually liked the fit of the WCOH jerseys, even better than the 2.0's.  They did seem more fragile though, so if the NHL jerseys are similarly-constructed, will we see an Adidas 1.0/2.0 situation, I wonder?

The breathability is also terrible when playing in them. Much like a swift jersey it contains the heat and sweat very well

the reinforced shoulders are a good idea though

Edited by AlereFlammam

Great question to bring up and I've been thinking the same thing lately.  Wanted to have some light shed on this from those who have gone through a jersey switch to a new manufacturer because I've never been through this before.  I of course remember when Reebok took over but I wasn't nearly the avid collector I am now back then.

What are you all doing for the rest of the season and into the offseason as we await Adidas officially taking over next season in regards to your jersey purchases?  Are any of you going to use this time to herd up any 2.0's that you may be missing?  That's what my plan has been and I've been doing that for a couple months already.  However, I wanted opinions as to what you think may be available and at a cheaper price in the coming months.

Like many of us here, I go through a lot of the popular retailers, including JB.  My main concern is knocking out as many 2.0's as I can from my list before Adidas starts releasing the new stuff.  However, I'm finding it may be better to wait on certain teams and specific jerseys because there may be a ton of these still out there and going on sale in the near future.  Instead of investing boatloads of money right now that I can use on other things, do you feel it's better to wait it out?  Of course, there are some jerseys that I don't want to miss out on and that I see JB only seems to have limited numbers left of (I don't imagine he'll be getting any more in himself and this will be it). For example, he only seems to have a few Flyers home 2.0's left.  Do you expect more of some of these that JB has to surface in the future for cheaper prices?  And then, you see a ton of Blackhawks and Penguins 2.0's in JB's inventory, so those don't seem to worry me as much.  I don't mind investing in the rare ones that I might only have this chance to get but I wouldn't want to foolishly HAVE to get some of these now in fear they won't be available only to see them out there for cheaper in six months.  What other retailers may make them available?  I know RCS just had a sale but unfortunately, they had nothing in my size.  Looking for 46's will probably make this harder for me than someone who wears a bigger size.

Just wondering what advice anyone might have for me in regards to if I should wait and refrain from purchases for a few months or if some of these won't ever be available again once they're gone and I should scoop them up.  I collect all 30 teams and have been building a collection of at least one of each from each team as I can.

9 minutes ago, furiousd said:

My gut feeling is that there are enough 2.0's out there that it would pay to wait in most cases. The secondary market is already soft, and I doubt that will improve once 2.0s become last year's model. If it's already hard to find and/or you really want it, sure. But personally, I'm holding off.

I agree with this logic, if one is seeking blanks, which typically are only available at full retail. Still deals to be had on customized authentics. 

I have no insider information so this is just a guess, but if certain retailers (like River City Sports) are low on stock or have sold out of 2.0's, I would think that they would not be likely to order many more in the near future, if any at all.  Around 5 years ago, a lot of surplus Reebok 1.0's and 6100's were made available at clearance prices at SVP stores in Canada.  This was right after Reebok discontinued the 1.0 and started making the Indo-Edges for retail, featuring the new wordmark logo.  I don't think this is going to happen again, at least not to the same extent.  I don't believe Reebok has any 2.0 retail stock available, as these are made-to-order for dealers.  However, there very well may be a considerable number of team-issued 2.0's which may become available at clearance, but that won't do people like you and me (who wear 46 or 50) much good.  I'm also guessing that a lot of JB's stock will drop in value once the Adidas jerseys come out, which will probably result in lower 2.0 prices for us, but we may have to balance waiting for lower prices against running the risk of missing out on the sizes we need, which may never be available again.

Edited by LAK74

8 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Methinks this spells further doom for the secondary market. I have a couple of customized 2.0s that I've been trying to sell. If people do start clearing out the 2.0s, this should make the already-customized jerseys take a hit, no? 

Yup. If I can get a 2.0 for $150, and then get it customized for $65, the ceiling is lowered and a re-sale customized 2.0 is worth less. 

In theory, anyway. 

I dont necessarily expect a flood of cheap 2.0's, I feel like the number of places that even sell 2.0s is very small. I don't know that there's a ton of stock out there. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I dont necessarily expect a flood of cheap 2.0's, I feel like the number of places that even sell 2.0s is very small. I don't know that there's a ton of stock out there. 

I think this is probably correct.  2.0's are already a minority product, and Reebok and their retailers have dealt with several transitions (6100s, 1.0s, Indos, Vector logos).  I'm not in a hurry, but I doubt I'll sleep too long on a couple I have my eye on.  I'm not expecting $80 Hawks jerseys or anything.