Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiscoStu

Edge Name Bars

Recommended Posts

Hey,

I apologize if this is already a topic but here goes.

I used to buy Edge name bars from Jersey Baron but right now I see that this ebay page doesn't list them as available (except for the Avalanche arched bar).

I am looking for a black one and a non-Montreal red one.  Anyone know where?

 

Alternatively, I am looking for someone who can make an authentic Ottawa 3rd jersey kit with a black Edge bar.

Edited by DiscoStu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're supposed to refer to yourself in the 3rd person...if you really are Disco Stu. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

You're supposed to refer to yourself in the 3rd person...if you really are Disco Stu. 

This might be the most true statement ever posted here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

Disco Stu apologizes if this is already a topic but here goes.

Disco Stu used to buy Edge name bars from Jersey Baron but right now Disco Stu sees that this ebay page doesn't list them as available (except for the Avalanche arched bar).

Disco Stu is looking for a black one and a non-Montreal red one.  Anyone know where?

 

Alternatively, Disco Stu is looking for someone who can make an authentic Ottawa 3rd jersey kit with a black Edge bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This might be the most true statement ever posted here. 

39772888_zps3ayskdtz.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can email them. They still sell them, just not on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When did they stop selling them?  I have always purchased nameplates from JB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told "we only sell them with jerseys now" back in December. I haven't needed one since then, but sounds like ken got the same response a few days ago.  Dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I literally just bought two black Edge nameplates like 3 weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If JB doesn't want to sell you one.  I have a brand new black edge plate I can sell you.

PM me if you need it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reached out to JB earlier this week - will only sell with Jersey purchase. There is no limit on how many Nameplates if you're buying a jersey. I assume if you bought from him before you can just buy a nameplate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

Hey,

I apologize if this is already a topic but here goes.

I used to buy Edge name bars from Jersey Baron but right now I see that this ebay page doesn't list them as available (except for the Avalanche arched bar).

I am looking for a black one and a non-Montreal red one.  Anyone know where?

 

Alternatively, I am looking for someone who can make an authentic Ottawa 3rd jersey kit with a black Edge bar.

I may be able to help, with the following disclosures:

- I work a lot

- I have a tendency to accidentally bury important projects on the back burner

- I'm eccentric if you like me, a weirdo if you don't

So I could have a good answer for you by Saturday, or possibly September 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully not too off topic .... But when someone refers to an "edge" name bar, what material is edge?

I'm obviously a newbie (long time obsesser, first time buyer) and I've tried digging through old posts but all the photos are gone - thanks Photobucket.

I have a Rangers 1.0. Which, if any, if the materials on that are edge? Shoulders, front, or back?

Should a 1.0 have an edge name bar?

What about a 2.0?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edge nameplates refer to the “stretch mesh” material on the back of every Edge jersey- it’s the same on both 1.0’s and 2.0’s.  Most teams that used nameplates (like the Rangers) usually used the stretch mesh, but there were exceptions (Pittsburgh and Ottawa come to mind).  The other main materials on the 1.0 are “bubble mesh” (the very stretchy stuff) on the front of the jersey, and “x-trafil” which is the smooth material found mostly on the shoulders, and parts of the sleeves.  The names of the materials are found on the wash tag on the inside of the jersey.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Edge nameplates refer to the “stretch mesh” material on the back of every Edge jersey- it’s the same on both 1.0’s and 2.0’s.  Most teams that used nameplates (like the Rangers) usually used the stretch mesh, but there were exceptions (Pittsburgh and Ottawa come to mind).  The other main materials on the 1.0 are “bubble mesh” (the very stretchy stuff) on the front of the jersey, and “x-trafil” which is the smooth material found mostly on the shoulders, and parts of the sleeves.  The names of the materials are found on the wash tag on the inside of the jersey.

 

Thanks a lot. I did see that tag, but still couldn't work it out.

Appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×