Jersey fabric materials

Hey guys,

Do we have a post anywhere that goes through each era/years of manuacturers and tells us what fabric was used? Air knit etc? 

Example what fabric is KOHO vs CCM vs RBK prior to edge? Etc 

I want to pick up a couple name plates but don't know what material is which. 

Thanks 

Edited by rattlestar

Prior to the Edge switch, you pretty much had air-knit, ultrafil and mesh. Many teams changed over time, especially when there was a manufacturer change. I don't know if I've seen a post detailing all of the timelines. If you're just looking for a couple specifics it might be easier to say what team/year you're looking to do.

6 hours ago, furiousd said:

Prior to the Edge switch, you pretty much had air-knit, ultrafil and mesh. Many teams changed over time, especially when there was a manufacturer change. I don't know if I've seen a post detailing all of the timelines. If you're just looking for a couple specifics it might be easier to say what team/year you're looking to do.

And variations on each, depending on manufacturer. CCM airknit is not the same as Nike Flo Knit or Pro Player airknit...

• 2 months later...

How hard is it to find Flo-Knit namepalte for an authentic Nike Jersey?  There is a Sharks jersey I have my eye on, but if I can't find a proper teal flo-knit nameplate, there is no point and purchasing it.  Does EPS or Kenner carry anything like this?

Both EPS and Keener have flo-knit for plates.

Edit: Whoops, sorry- they have flo-knit in various colors, but I couldn't guarantee they have teal.

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

How hard is it to find Flo-Knit namepalte for an authentic Nike Jersey?  There is a Sharks jersey I have my eye on, but if I can't find a proper teal flo-knit nameplate, there is no point and purchasing it.  Does EPS or Kenner carry anything like this?

Maybe email them and ask 

I've yet to ask EPS for a nameplate material they didn't have except for one random All Star jersey (2002, burgundy). I'd start there. 

I am watching the same Sharks jersey on eBay ,Kenner does have the material as I asked him on the hated  FACEBOOK 

EPS has told me in the past that if they have it in white, which it's almost guaranteed they do, they should be able to sublimate it to match whatever you need.

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Below: @cowboys and @spudrock512 in the wild, watching a juicy Nike Sharks jersey.

hyena-dominance-fight.jpg

Know that is good , I  am the less aggressive one till the end .

33 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

EPS has told me in the past that if they have it in white, which it's almost guaranteed they do, they should be able to sublimate it to match whatever you need.

I know they definitely have white Flo knit, I asked for an old white Nike Team USA. So if they can sublimate it to match, you should be all good.

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Good to know, I will admit, I'm not going to get crazy on it, so if you want it Cowboy, give me heads up. I would prefer to find a CCM one anyway.

Will do 

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

What is the difference in weight, feel and size between the CCM, Koho and 6100 jerseys? If it matters, I'm mainly interested in Blackhawks.

Depends on what years you are talking about. The earlier CCM Air-knits were a little lighter, but the 2000's CCM/KOHO jerseys were the same material of the Reebok 6100 if I am not mistaken.  Can anyone corroborate that? 

12 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Depends on what years you are talking about. The earlier CCM Air-knits were a little lighter, but the 2000's CCM/KOHO jerseys were the same material of the Reebok 6100 if I am not mistaken.  Can anyone corroborate that? 

So do those 2000s CCM/Koho jerseys feel similar in weight to the Edge 2.0s? I know the fit, cut and sizing are way different.

Pretty sure the Air-Knit fabric on CCM, Koho, 6100, and Edge authentics is exactly the same weight (I’m talking thickness here) and feel. At least to my fingers. 

As for actual overall jersey weight, I’d say the square cut CCM/Koho/6100 jerseys from about 1999-2007 are the heaviest since they don’t have the lighter stretch mesh on the back and the sleeves are very large (more material). But this might all vary from team to team.