Should I return and demand redo, leave as-is, or strip and send elsewhere?

Unfortunately I've run into two issues with my last two CSL orders. The team is super responsive and friendly, but I'm wondering if I just need to start going somewhere else. 

Got my WC Hawks jersey back and the rear numbers are practically on the lower stripes. This is not the same as game worn jerseys and it's not the same as what they've done for me in the past. Their response is that the players jerseys are sized differently and the numbers are what the numbers are. I can get on board with that to an extent, but how is it that two other jerseys they customized for me in the past were done 'correctly' and look more like the GW jersey? 

Here is the jersey I'm referring to: 

image1-vi.jpg

Here are photos of GW jerseys in addition to the same jersey customized for me previously

PKGW17-vi.jpg

WC17-vi.jpg

PKGW15-vi.jpg

WC15-vi.jpg

All my jerseys were size 50. The way I look at it, I have three options. 1) leave it as-is 2) demand CSL fixes it 3) strip it and send to EPS in hopes they'll do it correctly. What are your thoughts? 

Edited by mdwsta4

Looks like rushed job to me.  There stitching sucks.  If this is the quality they do for the gamers, they need to hire better sewers, because they can't stitch a straight line.  I would want them to do it again, but that is just me.  Of course, if this is a trait that they have, then having the official customizer of the team do the jerseys, then you are getting it back just they way they do it for the team.  If this is constant as the way they do the game worn jersey, Troy Parchman (head Equipment Manager for the Hawks) needs to fire them and get someone that does a better quality job. 

Are we sure the 2017 numbers were the same size as the 2015 numbers?  I'm planning on getting a 2017 done, and to me it looks like the back numbers are bigger.  Both gamers:

img-1973707-m.jpg

img-313132-f.jpg

I don't have mine yet to compare to, but I'd be curious how much height is available on the Edge panel on a size 50.  Could you post the whole back, so we can see the spacing up above?

Questions aside, though, that part under the left 8 looks poorly done.  It gets way closer to the body stripe on the left half. 

They might have shrunk down the numbers on the jerseys you had done previously to get the spacing right and didn't do it on this last jersey.  I know on my Leafs winter classic SLC shrunk down the back numbers for my size 52 jersey so the spacing would look normal

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Are we sure the 2017 numbers were the same size as the 2015 numbers?  I'm planning on getting a 2017 done, and to me it looks like the back numbers are bigger.  

I don't have mine yet to compare to, but I'd be curious how much height is available on the Edge panel on a size 50.  Could you post the whole back, so we can see the spacing up above?

I can confirm that the numbers on the 2015 Winter Classic jerseys are smaller than the 2017 Winter Classic jersey.  I have a 2015 Crawford #50 and a 2017 Anismov #15.  When measuring the '5', the Crawford is 10 3/4 " top to bottom where the 2017 is 12".  

I wonder if having them change the size would help eliminate the spacing issue. Regardless, they still could have done a much better job with the sewing of the numbers.

42 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I can confirm that the numbers on the 2015 Winter Classic jerseys are smaller than the 2017 Winter Classic jersey.  I have a 2015 Crawford #50 and a 2017 Anismov #15.  When measuring the '5', the Crawford is 10 3/4 " top to bottom where the 2017 is 12".  

I wonder if having them change the size would help eliminate the spacing issue. Regardless, they still could have done a much better job with the sewing of the numbers.

Good to know, thank you. Funny, I requested side by side photos of 15 and 17 numbers to see the difference. Guess I'll request they replace these numbers with the smaller ones. 

I've had this type of issue before since I wear small size jerseys (46-50).  Whenever I have a jersey with waist stripes that are fairly high on the jersey, I measure the distance from the shoulder seam to the top stripe, to make sure there is enough room to fit the nameplate and back numbers in the available space.  If you specify nothing, then CSL is forced to put the numbers on so they're touching the stripe, or they have to shrink the back numbers to fit.  In the latter case, some people may object to this because they want full-size (on-ice) sized numbers.  So it's a good idea to anticipate this and provide instructions as to what you want them to do, beforehand.  By looking at the Kane gamer, you can see how little space there is, so it will be much more crowded on a size 50 jersey.

Regarding the "crooked" back number, it looks to me like the mesh back panel is sewn at an angle to the colored airknit stripe.  You can tell by looking at the parallel rows of holes that the airknit stripe is tilted, so CSL probably couldn't do anything about that.  It's not like they stitched the left 8 crookedly.  If the jersey had been much bigger, you wouldn't have noticed as much that the 2 lines were not parallel. Imo, just bad luck here more than poor work on CSL's part.

Edited by LAK74

Shouldn't be a problem at all.  Kane, for example, wears a 54.

Just do a search for a Kane (or any player) gamer and you will get hits from auction sites, collector sites, etc.