Replica or IndoEdge... would you?

rattlestar

Not all Indio-edges are created equal.  Some are pretty bad with being inaccurate.  That being said, the Tampa Bay ones are pretty decent for the most part (they are ALMOST spot on), and up until about a year or so ago it was absolutely impossible to find a white away Canadian made Jersey (current style) anywhere, and I searched high and low for years.  So yeah, I do have some white indios and they represent the Canadian ones well.  But if they didn't, it would bother me too much to own one.  I don't own any indio blues, however, as I've always been able to obtain the authentic ones.  

I do have a few premiere jerseys as I was given a few of them for being a season ticket holder.. but I really hate wearing them since the shoulder patches are so cheap looking and the front Lightning on the jersey is one huge patch, which drives me nuts.  Once I went authentic, I became a jersey snob I suppose.  But hey, I've put the effort and money forward to obtain as close to on-ice jerseys as I could, so why wouldn't I be?  :D  I wear the premiere jersey on a day I know I'm going to be putting the jersey at risk for stains or damage, such as a huge outdoor party or wings and beer at hooters.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, khabbi said:

Not all Indio-edges are created equal.  Some are pretty bad with being inaccurate.  That being said, the Tampa Bay ones are pretty decent for the most part (they are ALMOST spot on), and up until about a year or so ago it was absolutely impossible to find a white away Canadian made Jersey (current style) anywhere, and I searched high and low for years.  So yeah, I do have some white indios and they represent the Canadian ones well.  But if they didn't, it would bother me too much to own one.  I don't own any indio blues, however, as I've always been able to obtain the authentic ones.  

I do have a few premiere jerseys as I was given a few of them for being a season ticket holder.. but I really hate wearing them since the shoulder patches are so cheap looking and the front Lightning on the jersey is one huge patch, which drives me nuts.  Once I went authentic, I became a jersey snob I suppose.  But hey, I've put the effort and money forward to obtain as close to on-ice jerseys as I could, so why wouldn't I be?  :D  I wear the premiere jersey on a day I know I'm going to be putting the jersey at risk for stains or damage, such as a huge outdoor party or wings and beer at hooters.  

You guys have, IMO, one of the best arenas in the league out of the ones I've been to. 

Ive recently used a stitch remover (or whatever you call them) and removed the outside size tags from my two premiere jerseys. Not to pretend they aren't premieres but just cause it makes the look so much cleaner. 

Edited by rattlestar

The Columbus Indo's have the shoulder patches sewn below the seam in the shoulder, whereas the 1.0 and 2.0's have the patches over the shoulder seam.

I was told Reebok upped the order for AHL/ECHL/CHL teams to stock by quite a bit this year, trying to eliminate the orders for those and increase the orders of the replicas. For Cleveland, the full STH's were given an option before Christmas to buy authentics that are part of the team's order for the 17-18 season, arriving in September or October. Toledo used to stock authentics when they wore 6100's, but when the ECHL switched to the Edge jerseys the only thing they stock now is the replicas. So if you are a fan of one of the lower level teams, your only recourse may be to try to get a gamer.

Aren't Indo jerseys technically just pricey replicas anyway?

Id say no on both. If that means I own fewer, fine. Why settle when the real thing is available, sometimes for less than the Indo?

if at some point we can no longer get authentics besides gamers...still doubtful. 

27 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Indos definitely aren't replicas, especially when compared to their Premier counterparts. They're an authentic, but definitely a lower-tier authentic.

I disagree. Indos replicate/imitate their on-ice counterpart. They're replicas. They're the very definition of replica. 

Don't get me wrong, they're nicer than Premiers, but then again that's not saying much. 

I own a few Premiers and was going to go Indo (didn't know better at the time). Luckily before I made an Indo jersey purchase, I met someone who showed me the differences between an Indo and the Canadian jerseys. 

That being said, I liked Premiers because you can find blanks for really cheap and get them lettered for around $100, cheaper than what retail charges with actual stitched numbers (not the cheap ones). Best part is, I really don't care what happens to it.

Now that Indos are going on sale (40% off at the Hawks Store), it's very tempting to purchase as a wear anytime, anywhere, and not care jersey. But the amount out the door is still a lot. At that point, I'd rather spend the extra $50-$100 on a Canadian Edge

I'm still very new to this, but the thing that gets me about the Indo jerseys is the deceiving use of the word Authentic. I get they are never marketed as "what the players wear" but the "On-ice" wording and "authentic" wording makes someone believe they're buying the real thing. Without this forum and a couple other sites, I had no idea there were Indo AND Canadian "Authentics." 

42 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I'm still very new to this, but the thing that gets me about the Indo jerseys is the deceiving use of the word Authentic. I get they are never marketed as "what the players wear" but the "On-ice" wording and "authentic" wording makes someone believe they're buying the real thing. Without this forum and a couple other sites, I had no idea there were Indo AND Canadian "Authentics." 

I didn't before I got here either. A lot of people are stuck on the old CCM way of doing things, where a fight strap meant its an authentic, and the absence thereof meant its a replica. The Indo is neither an authentic, in that its not worn on ice, nor a replica as it was formerly known, because there's a fight strap. 

Good thing we're all here to straighten it out for people!

Another issue with the whole Indo vs. Canadian is that I believe they made a switch (at least from shop.nhl.com) without telling anyone.  The "Authentic" jerseys stayed the same price, but the product delivered was vastly different.  So, people were buying what they thought was the on-ice version, but receiving an inferior product.  Or, am I mis-remembering history?

1 hour ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

I disagree. Indos replicate/imitate their on-ice counterpart. They're replicas. They're the very definition of replica. 

Don't get me wrong, they're nicer than Premiers, but then again that's not saying much. 

Yeah, this. Throwing a fight strap in a jersey made overseas does not make it an authentic. Indos are better quality replicas, nothing more.

3 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Yeah, this. Throwing a fight strap in a jersey made overseas does not make it an authentic. Indos are better quality replicas, nothing more.

Having only seen one for a couple minutes in the Devils Den, I can say that the material is miles better than the Premier material. If I were faced with a decision between an Indo and a Premier only, I'd go Indo every time. 

And no, its not saying much because I would go to a game shirtless before going in a Premier. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Having only seen one for a couple minutes in the Devils Den, I can say that the material is miles better than the Premier material. If I were faced with a decision between an Indo and a Premier only, I'd go Indo every time. 

And no, its not saying much because I would go to a game shirtless before going in a Premier. 

I'm not saying it isn't much better, just that it still isn't an authentic. No matter what the NHL wants to call them, the word "authentic" still means something, and an indo doesn't fit that definition. They're literally replicas of an on-ice authentic jersey.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Same. I tried on premiers in order to determine what size of 2.0 to buy. Those things are just junk. Disposable consumer products. Best part - the store I went to called the premiers "authentic" because they had "stitched on materials." 

Dear Jersey Baron,

Thanks for what you do.

Sincerely,

Happy Informed Customer

3 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I'm not saying it isn't much better, just that it still isn't an authentic. No matter what the NHL wants to call them, the word "authentic" still means something, and an indo doesn't fit that definition. They're literally replicas of an on-ice authentic jersey.

I understood, I was elaborating. Mostly taking the opportunity to make fun of Premiers, whose material is made exclusively from a blend of pudding and recycled underpants. 

Of course, a retail authentic isn't EXACTLY what they wear on the ice either...so perhaps those are REALLY good replicas!!

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I understood, I was elaborating. Mostly taking the opportunity to make fun of Premiers, whose material is made exclusively from a blend of pudding and recycled underpants. 

Of course, a retail authentic isn't EXACTLY what they wear on the ice either...so perhaps those are REALLY good replicas!!

At least it's made in the correct country. I guess even a team issue is a replica in a sense because it hasn't been sweat in yet, or smell like it has.

Edited by JoeM7392

10 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

At least it's made in the correct country. I guess even a team issue is a replica in a sense because it hasn't been sweat in yet, or smell like it has.

Well, I have bought some on eBay....

9 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

How so? An authentic 7287 is an authentic 7287. It doesn't have to be game used to still be the same model as on ice, minus the fight strap sandwich and lack of collar tag.

2 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

How so? An authentic 7287 is an authentic 7287. It doesn't have to be game used to still be the same model as on ice, minus the fight strap sandwich and lack of collar tag.

You're minusing the the things that make a retail authentic different from an on-ice jersey, so yeah that would make it the same.  

Plus, pretty sure there was sarcasm in there.

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

You're minusing the the things that make a retail authentic different from an on-ice jersey, so yeah that would make it the same.  

Plus, pretty sure there was sarcasm in there.

Probably should have assumed that lol

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, he typed it with a straight face, so...

Are you watching me? Again?

I dunno who these guys are, but most of them seem OK going to watch some game or other in replicas...

cropped_LegendsGaryAVasquez.jpg?ts=14857

Some of the 100 greatest players of all time right there, being honored at the 2017 All-Star Game.

It's just as well that they're wearing modern replicas.  Can you imagine being tasked to find authentics from their eras and then getting them lettered accurately enough to satisfy us picky ########? :P