Meigray Expo 2017

Devilsguy

So the email went out last Friday that he Meigray Expo will again be held at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ on July 15th, 2017.  I decided to start it's own topics for things and happenings around it.  Still a bit away but figured to might as well start since it was announced.

Anyone planning to go?  I put my request in for a table already.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "email went out", he means he was listening outside their window.

;)

First year since I've been here I will definitely NOT be away on vacation the week of the expo. Going to try to make it and wear my double sided BBQ sauce holsters while I look over Devilsguy's collection. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

By "email went out", he means he was listening outside their window.

;)

First year since I've been here I will definitely NOT be away on vacation the week of the expo. Going to try to make it and wear my double sided BBQ sauce holsters while I look over Devilsguy's collection. 

Restraining orders are just pieces of paper you know.

Don't worry about the holsters.  I'm bringing some chili and goulash for the expo to eat.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Do people wear a jersey to the jersey expo? Always wondered, July in NJ is pretty warm. 

Some do amazingly.  I find that the room gets warm after a bit as it's not that big and after a bit with the amount of people in there it gets stuffy.  I usually go in shorts and a Devils t-shirt.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Some do amazingly.  I find that the room gets warm after a bit as it's not that big and after a bit with the amount of people in there it gets stuffy.  I usually go in shorts and a Devils t-shirt.

Yeah, I ain't wearing a jersey. Excuse to buy a fresh new Devils tee, though!!

It's always hot as balls in that room, even with the AC blasting. I've done baseball and soccer but never hockey. I'm not a fan of sweating through everything before the thing even starts. The worst part is unloading the car in the humidity. Two years ago was the worst because it was raining at the start so you had the heat AND the moisture to keep you soaked while setting the table up. Blech.

All I have to say is that they better not stick me with all you lousy Devil fans again this year.

14 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

It's always hot as balls in that room, even with the AC blasting. I've done baseball and soccer but never hockey. I'm not a fan of sweating through everything before the thing even starts. The worst part is unloading the car in the humidity. Two years ago was the worst because it was raining at the start so you had the heat AND the moisture to keep you soaked while setting the table up. Blech.

All I have to say is that they better not stick me with all you lousy Devil fans again this year.

Yeah it gets gross in there.  I really don't know how people wear jerseys in there are don't faint.

I am going to email Stu and ask that all Devils collectors tables to be placed immediately around you to form a sort of Devils table fort with you trapped inside.

It can't get much worse than it was last year when I was surrounded by you and Ken. Thank God Frank Rady was to my left so I had some sort of breather!

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, I ain't wearing a jersey. Excuse to buy a fresh new Devils tee, though!!

How about a shirsey? ?

ff_2517734_full.jpg&w=340

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

How about a shirsey? ?

ff_2517734_full.jpg&w=340

I don't think so. And don't call me Shirsey!

:)

Edited by mfitz804

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Is there buying/selling going on? Cash only or are we modern enough to do PayPal from our phones?

Buying and selling is only permitted with folks who have dealer tables.  Last year there were 3 dealers and they were allowed to buy and sell.  The rest of the tables are collectors tables and they are not permitted to buy and sell.  I do believe trades are fine though.

There is also the warehouse sale that is the kickoff to the summer sale right after the expo ends.  Doors for that usually open at 4:30-5PM timeframe.

• 3 weeks later...

I called and left a voicemail in regards to reserving a table. How long does it generally take to get a response? 

On 3/31/2017 at 9:44 AM, Devilsguy said:

There is also the warehouse sale that is the kickoff to the summer sale right after the expo ends.  Doors for that usually open at 4:30-5PM timeframe.

So how do they do the items available and pricing for the warehouse sale, everything is available and a percentage off, or only certain items at set reduced prices?  

Also has anyone ever asked how they select what they put up on eBay ( $99 auctions other than the Solar Bears which are always $149 start)?  I always wondered if they just select random lesser known players, or targeted specific players (due to cut, quit, retired), or if they just have a team overstock of the type of jersey so they just start chipping away at the stack (especially the minor leagues like ECHL where many of the players may not have gone any higher so the names carry less importance)?

I know, so many questions.

45 minutes ago, L2A3 said:

So how do they do the items available and pricing for the warehouse sale, everything is available and a percentage off, or only certain items at set reduced prices?  

Also has anyone ever asked how they select what they put up on eBay ( $99 auctions other than the Solar Bears which are always $149 start)?  I always wondered if they just select random lesser known players, or targeted specific players (due to cut, quit, retired), or if they just have a team overstock of the type of jersey so they just start chipping away at the stack (especially the minor leagues like ECHL where many of the players may not have gone any higher so the names carry less importance)?

I know, so many questions.

There are different percentages off depending on how many years old this jerseys are. Usually it's something like:

Most recently ended season (2016-17): Not on sale

Last season (2015-16):

• Take 25% off any regular-season and/or Stanley Cup Playoffs jersey from 2014-15.
  • Take 25% off any training camp, pre-season or practice jersey from 2014-15.
  • Take 25% off any game-issued jersey from 2014-15

Earlier seasons (2002-03 through 2014-15):

• Take 40% off any regular-season, playoffs, or Stanley Cup Final game-worn jersey from 2002-03 through 2014-15 ....

OR.

• Buy any regular-season, playoffs, or Stanley Cup Final game-worn jersey from 2002-03 through 2014-15 at retail price and take a second jersey from 2002-03 through 2014-15 of equal or lesser value FREE.
  • Take 40% off any game-issued jersey from 2002-03 through 2013-14.
  • Take 40% off any training camp, pre-season or practice jersey from 2002-03 thru 2013-14.

That's just an example though and not necessarily what it will be.

As for their auctions and prices on those... there's no logic to that, like most of their other choices.

Edited by dsl135

From what I have seen of their auctions, it's always stuff that isn't very expensive and no popular players. Kind of just clearing out stuff they may otherwise have put in their clearance section. 

12 hours ago, vsxeworkingclass said:

I called and left a voicemail in regards to reserving a table. How long does it generally take to get a response? 

This route is quicker than emailing. It's hit or miss with the interweb mail. I'm still waiting for a response on some emails from 2013

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw on Meigray's Facebook that the $40 entrance fee for the expo this year will now also include a blank NHL jersey.

On 4/18/2017 at 4:28 PM, mfitz804 said:

From what I have seen of their auctions, it's always stuff that isn't very expensive and no popular players. Kind of just clearing out stuff they may otherwise have put in their clearance section. 

Just like the majority of the jerseys in the Summer Grab Bag.

27 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Just saw on Meigray's Facebook that the $40 entrance fee for the expo this year will now also include a blank NHL jersey.

Gotta get rid of those pesky Reeboks...

That just might be the incentive I needed to attend. Can always eBay it when its not the right team/size.