Yann Denis on ebay!

villavelocity

57 grand? A little out of my price range.

Wow, that is just funny. Reminds me of when the Alaska Aces (Then of the WCHL) were for sale on ebay. The team faced many jokes the next season, when they came to Idaho, the Steelheads scored 7 on them that day and many fans were chanting Ebay and many screams that they forgot to ship the goalie with the team when the auction was over.

At least that one has a positive spin. The time someone tried to sell Jose Theodore was a mean one since they wanted to ditch him.

At least that one has a positive spin. The time someone tried to sell Jose Theodore was a mean one since they wanted to ditch him.

Yeah, I got a huge kick out of it when I saw the auction on ebay.

In May of 2002, the Aces filed for bankruptcy; according to the filing papers, the team was almost $2 million in debt. In June of 2002, the Aces were put up for sale on eBay. The club's owner, Cusack, accepted a $1.862 million bid from Duncan Harrison, owner of Alaskan Automotive Distributing in Anchorage, but U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge Donald MacDonald converted the Aces' bankruptcy case to Chapter 7, which allowed him to reject the Harrison bid. The club was eventually sold for $1.05 million to a seven-member group led by Terry Parks, a local investor, and Dan Coffee, a local businessman.

The club's owner, Cusack, accepted a $1.862 million bid from Duncan Harrison

The club was eventually sold for $1.05 million

The bankruptcy court trustee caused the sale to eventually be 800k less? Ouch.

There should be more off the wall ebay stuff like the Aces for sale.