2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Even though they put it on a Reebok jersey, it looks like Dallas will have a nice patch next year.

Yeah, that's a good job.

That's a pretty sharp looking patch for Dallas.  Sometimes simple and to the point make the best logos/patches.

Definitely a great patch.

If you were unable to tell from the video, apparently the patch is going to be "chrome style", which I guess is somewhat like the recent World Series patches

Aaron Portzline suggested we might see Adidas jerseys at the draft this summer.  Not sure if this is common knowledge yet?

Yep, Michael Russo from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported this a couple months ago. 

3 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Well that sounds promising

I think it is still up in the air simply because that's how Reebok/Adidas has been marketing the Indo-Edges since they came out ~2011.

I thought I read somewhere on this site that Adidas wasn't offering authentics for sale.  Did I misunderstand what I read?

We are still suspecting that the "authentics" Adidas will offer will be something like the Indo-Edge, not exactly the same thing as the on-ice jerseys.  (But I'm still hoping for a miracle.)

4 minutes ago, cry_minarets458 said:

I thought I read somewhere on this site that Adidas wasn't offering authentics for sale.  Did I misunderstand what I read?

No as we have been hearing different things as well.  The article that was just posted doesn't specify if they mean the on-ice models or the Indo-Edge type models that Reebok/Adidas has been marketing as "authentic" since 2011.  Those two are vastly different things.

From what we have been hearing is that the actual on-ice models will not be available for retail sale.  Therefore if you want an on-ice model jersey, you will have to buy either a team-issued or game worn or game issued jersey.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

No as we have been hearing different things as well.  The article that was just posted doesn't specify if they mean the on-ice models or the Indo-Edge type models that Reebok/Adidas has been marketing as "authentic" since 2011.  Those two are vastly different things.

From what we have been hearing is that the actual on-ice models will not be available for retail sale.  Therefore if you want an on-ice model jersey, you will have to buy either a team-issued or game worn or game issued jersey.

Wasn't that how the edge 2.0's started as, though?  Then, suppliers started popping up that were offering them for retail?  Hard for me to remember that, as I wasn't as active on this forum then, but have since backpeddled through some old threads.

Sort of, but it's not exactly the same situation, because when the Edge first came out, the retail and on-ice authentics were exactly the same (Edge 1.0).  After the 2.0 became the official on-ice jersey, it still took Reebok about 5 years before they allowed dealers to order 2.0's to sell for retail.  

The $360 price makes me think the authentics will be Canadian made as the indo edges retailed at $250 I believe

Maybe the price includes customization as well?  $360 and $170 are the exact same prices that NHL.com is charging for customized Indo-Edges and Premiers, respectively.

Edited by LAK74

Maybe but I think they would have mentioned it if it was including customization.  RCS is asking $350 for new 2.0's which is why I'm thinking they will be Canadian made.  In a perfect world they will sell Canadian made authentics right off their website so we can take advantage when they have site wide sales coupons going on.

4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Maybe but I think they would have mentioned it if it was including customization.

In the article, right after the prices are mentioned, there is a reference to purchasing a customized jersey:

What does that mean? Fans will likely be able to scan a hologram image from the purchase tag within the Adidas app to verify authenticity. Let’s pretend you buy a Connor McDavid jersey. A short video of McDavid will play within the app on your smartphone with some other features. Similar to the World Cup jerseys that had small printed perforations on the jersey numbers, the new NHL uniforms will have something similar but designed holes built into the fabric. Why? It’s harder to counterfeit and rip off, and Adidas hates getting ripped off.

It's not definite, but I took it to mean that $360 might buy you more than a blank.  The WCOH blank authentics were so much cheaper; it's a pretty big jump to $360 for just a blank.  

Regarding customized jerseys it might be that they put them on Mi adidas, where you can choose your team, player etc.

I still don't know how a "fighting strap" works; do I take off the jersey and b!tch slap my opponent with my fighting strap?

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I still don't know how a "fighting strap" works; do I take off the jersey and b!tch slap my opponent with my fighting strap?

To be fair, the article did say "complete with fighting strap."  Whether the new ones will be available in size 48 is yet to be seen.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That is what I gathered from it