2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

22 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

I ship to the Gear Zone all the time from Buffalo, NY so I can definitely confirm that they take mail-in orders. Can also confirm the Snider patch thing.

Good to know!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

The twill nameplates are what they use for the current home/away Flyers GW jerseys. I don't know why, other than maybe it's just easier. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a twill nameplate just feels yucky, IMO.

The restrictive authentic policies were touched on in the Flyers GW group, but I'll add it here for more visibility. You cannot send a jersey into Philly Express directly. They will not deal with anyone without a corporate account. The easiest way around this is to physically take your jersey into one of the Flyers Gear Zone stores that are inside of their Skate Zone facilities. It sounds like they will also take jerseys from the Wells Fargo team store too. Anyway, upside is that you save on shipping charges this way. Downside is that you need to be local. I do not know if this will be true for the Devils jerseys, but I can't see it being different. I do not know if you can ship jerseys to/from a Gear Zone.

Also, PX had been refusing to sew the Ed Snider patches to authentic/premier jerseys. So, it may be a one-time thing, but no telling what they may refuse to do in the future.  

All-in-all, not too terrible, but just more of an FYI for us collectors.

http://gearzone.flyersskatezone.com/

Thanks for the info!

Any reason why they wouldn't sew on the Snider patches?  Was it just because they didn't feel like it or they offered some other explanation (if at all)?  Are they willing to do the NHL 100 patches?

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks for the info!

Any reason why they wouldn't sew on the Snider patches?  Was it just because they didn't feel like it or they offered some other explanation (if at all)?  Are they willing to do the NHL 100 patches?

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death. They'll do all other patches, just make sure you specify if you want it sewn on or not. I believe they just heatpressed the Flyers 50th's last year for most send ins. 

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death. They'll do all other patches, just make sure you specify if you want it sewn on or not. I believe they just heatpressed the Flyers 50th's last year for most send ins. 

I can kind of see their view on that.

A bit different than dealing with EPS where I have to be even more specific of what I want lol.  I am used to basically saying "please customize x jersey with y player to on-ice specs" and then wait 12+ weeks for it to come back.

4 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death.

Making money off a corpse won't even crack the top ten for the worst things Comcast have been seen doing.

This is a true statement. My company is currently doing the flooring on their new tower going up in Center City and I've heard some stories. Like super scumbaggy even for Philadelphia stories.

From the "This Ship Has Sailed" department:  I have a blank Rangers Edge 2.0 that I've been waiting to customize because I couldn't make up my mind who I want to put on it.  Now that the window for these has closed, I want to look at the rosters for the years the jerseys were worn and pick somebody.  I can't seem to confirm what season the Rangers started wearing the 2.0.  Does anyone know?

The Rangers used 2.0's since the first season of the Edge (2007/08).  So you can basically pick just about anyone you want who played since then, keeping within the time range of the Reebok logo on your jersey- if it's a vector logo, then it's 2007-11, and if it's the wordmark logo, 2011-17.

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

hqdefault.jpg

They should have just gone full-circle on that one. All around the wee #10. 

47 minutes ago, robersong88 said:

That's good thank you and confirms what I already thought. Author is slightly misleading (though I believe simply mistaken and in good faith) with an inference that the Indos will be same as players wear on ice. The quote below referencing the different material used in shoulders for Fanatics. 

Quote - "...however, it’s way different looking than what the players wear and it screams, this jersey is not the authentic one."

There were a couple of other spots like when discussing the tie down strap for example that makes me think people believe the Indos to be on ice versions. 

The price difference is pretty close between the two (to me at least). Not sure why you'd go Fanatics when you could have Authentic-ish. Then again, I doubt I'll be picking up an Indo and at the moment and I'm not sure I'll get an Adidas at all. If I do I'll probably try for a TI/GI. Maybe. 

Edit - holy crap! My font changed halfway through. Sorry about that. If Keener or EPS tried that stunt I'd be well dark. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?